Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi All

Hope everyone is well? Nice to see some old faces have been posting again too.

So I've managed to lose 7lb since seeing the doc 2 weeks ago, just a stone to go now til she will do the referral letter, yipee!

Have a funny week with the band, 4 days on liquids only due to constant sliming and mouthfulls of saliva, not sure what that was, but seems to have passed now thankfully.

Had a little glass of champers, yum, last night to Celebrate after getting a big promotion at work, and hit the 6 and a half stoneloss mark too so was one very happy girlie yesterday!

Today I have been having a mega clearout of me clothes, and getting into lots of lovely bits that have been stuck in suitcases for yonks in the hope that one day I would get into them, but actually some are now too big. Time to go shopping soon for sure cos these bony little shoulders can't hold up size 20 tops anymore!

Just realised when updating my ticker that I am just 3lbs off of losing 4 stone since the last fill in November which is fabulous, and 30lbs off of the goal weight I originally set myself of 11 and a half stone. So wierd to think that that really isn't far away now.

Keep up the good work everyone

Take care

C xx

Hi All

Hope everyone is well? Nice to see some old faces have been posting again too.

So I've managed to lose 7lb since seeing the doc 2 weeks ago, just a stone to go now til she will do the referral letter, yipee!

Have a funny week with the band, 4 days on liquids only due to constant sliming and mouthfulls of saliva, not sure what that was, but seems to have passed now thankfully.

Had a little glass of champers, yum, last night to Celebrate after getting a big promotion at work, and hit the 6 and a half stoneloss mark too so was one very happy girlie yesterday!

Today I have been having a mega clearout of me clothes, and getting into lots of lovely bits that have been stuck in suitcases for yonks in the hope that one day I would get into them, but actually some are now too big. Time to go shopping soon for sure cos these bony little shoulders can't hold up size 20 tops anymore!

Just realised when updating my ticker that I am just 3lbs off of losing 4 stone since the last fill in November which is fabulous, and 30lbs off of the goal weight I originally set myself of 11 and a half stone. So wierd to think that that really isn't far away now.

Keep up the good work everyone

Take care

C xx

great to see you back janni your doing great well done hunny, and omg patty you must be so pleased not far off now hun bet ya look fab in all your new clothes now xxx

Just brillaint, well done.

Superb news about the loss since seeing the Doctor. Hopefully she will do the referral as she will see you have really committed to this. My fingers are crossed for you.

Congrats on the job and also the fabulous loss, not long to go until you are at your target. It's a nice feeling isn't it.

As for the clothes it's trousers I find I am getting through. I have just been and bought size 14 in one style and size 10 in another, as I am so fed up of looking like a clown in size 16. I need to find a way to take them in as I have some really lovely tailored trousers that I have only just bought recently!

Anyway, well done and take care.

C x

did he say why it eroded so soon judy,what other probs did you have with your band and where are you getting bypass done,hope im not being too nosey x

Infections could have been the raison of an erosion in my case??

Dr Dillemans in Brugges will do the bypass.

Hi Blondynurse,

hope I'm not to late with my reply. If you are qualified you could get in touch with the governing body - NMC. They have a legal department that should be able to advice you.

You could call the RCN and ask their advice even if your not a member they may help you if you jump sides. I have never had to use them so cant talk from experience.

Hope you get some joy.

Good luck

Thank you very much for your reply.As A qualified nurse I really feel let down by trust but I have made formal complaint against HR. Hospital closed yesyerday and yesterday after 18hrs I was told finally when I am being palced. But because there wwas more staff than permanent posts I was placed on temporary post have to travel nearly 30 miles one way. I am still not happy but have to relax for while get along with new place and see what can be done about my complaint because fact that I was trown somewere just days before new week doesnt change anything and the way I feel about whole redeployment process.Whatever HR did to 6 of us remaining nurses without jobs was unacceptable.For now at least I know where I am going on Monday morning.

but thank you very much for ur reply and help I still can use ur advice for further action.

thanks

blondynurse

Infections could have been the raison of an erosion in my case??

Dr Dillemans in Brugges will do the bypass.

poor you hun,hope the by pass goes smooth for you and ive heard dr dillemans is very good too,how long are you in hospital after bypass and when are you getting it done,lots of questions lol but we all have to keep are options open,is it very expensive compared to the band my band and hospital stay cost 4150 euro,let us know how you get on as well hun xx

sorry blondy dont know anythng about all that hun but claire's advice sound great hope you get sorted out. jo jo have you heard back of freddy yet hun xx

Hey wannabe slinky,

Sorry its taken me a while to reply, I kind of kicked my laptop and smashed the screen

Aaaaugh! Im not sure what happened there, I wrote a rather long reply and its vanished :angry:

No i havent heard back from Freddy yet, I think im just going to have to keep everything crossed and hope for the best.

Hope everything is going well for you and everyone else to. I think im gonna have to go back a few pages and catch up :D

Take Care xxx

Aaaaugh! Im not sure what happened there, I wrote a rather long reply and its vanished :angry:

No i havent heard back from Freddy yet, I think im just going to have to keep everything crossed and hope for the best.

Hope everything is going well for you and everyone else to. I think im gonna have to go back a few pages and catch up :D

Take Care xxx

honestly hunny dont worry all will be fine he is just a bit slow on his replies,when are you getting surgery hun xx

Im booked in on 21st June, so fly out on 20th

Still got a while yet, but i would rather know hes got my deposit because if he hasnt i can chace it up.

I cant see any reason why he wouldnt have it but these things happen

Hello all

Week 35

Well I have got tighter and tighter again and only really managing cuppa Soup. Even yoghurt is difficult but then that could be that I tried to rush it down as I needed to go and teach. Soon let me know as I get the most terrible pain in my back and just have to go get rid of it. Feel absolutley dreadful afterwards aswell and very reluctant to take anything in.

Weighed in yesterday and had lost 1.5 lbs and 1.25 inches so total loss of 77.5 pounds and 66 inches. Phenomenol! So on the downward path for the last 25 pounds to get to a total loss of 101 pounds hopefully by the anniversary og having the band (30th July 2010).

Had a setback yesterday whilst walking to pick the children up as I managed to fall over (didn't trip over anything or anyone) my dad said I should take more Water with it BUT as I don't touch the stuff (alcohol) then that's not possible. I feel absolutely exhausted and wonder if my lack of water could have been a factor. I ended up in A&E with my knee brace on and just wanted to be checked over because of the ACL replacement I had done in 2008. Just as things were going so well with teaching yoga and school! I realy don't want to embark down this path of my life again. So fingers crossed that it is the swelling that is causing all the twinging in the back of the knee and nothing more sinister.

Apart from this, feeling very positive, I was asked by the nurse in triage if I had taken any pain meds and explained that I didn't think they would go through because of the band so she gave me soluable paracetamol as I can't take brufen. She was really interested in how I had got on wth it and I was really proud to tell her how much I had lost and that I was waiting to buy new clothes and just replacing little bits as I go along. She was very impressed.

So all in positive but in a lot of pain.

Take care and have a lovely weekend.

Claire

Hi all not been on for a very long time but just wanted ro share that I have just cracked my 101 pound goal had my opp on aug 11 last year so j am pleased how it's gone

Must say though I do miss the weeks when I lost 5-6 pound now it's good if I can lose 1 pound every 14 days but never give up.

I am now in xl clothes instead of 3xl and wear a 18 instead of a 23 shirt.

Trousers are now 40" instead of 53" and I also manages a 4 mile run a few says ago.

All said a life changing experience That I can recommend, could I gave done it without the band NO chance so if your wondering if it's for you then my experience is posative

It is 20% lapband and 80% PMA.

Best wishes all

I got my reply from Freddy at 5am this mornin WAHOOOOOO :D

All confirmed, so excited!

xxx

Hi all not been on for a very long time but just wanted ro share that I have just cracked my 101 pound goal had my opp on aug 11 last year so j am pleased how it's gone

Must say though I do miss the weeks when I lost 5-6 pound now it's good if I can lose 1 pound every 14 days but never give up.

I am now in xl clothes instead of 3xl and wear a 18 instead of a 23 shirt.

Trousers are now 40" instead of 53" and I also manages a 4 mile run a few says ago.

All said a life changing experience That I can recommend, could I gave done it without the band NO chance so if your wondering if it's for you then my experience is posative

It is 20% lapband and 80% PMA.

Best wishes all

Fantastic, well done and congrats on the 100+ weight loss. Are you planning to lose anymore?

Agree with the PMA as you need to be very focused and meet the challenge and not give in or up.

Well done

Claire x

I got my reply from Freddy at 5am this mornin WAHOOOOOO :D

All confirmed, so excited!

xxx

That's good news, you can start getting excited now!

How much would you like to lose?

Take care and look after yourself.

Claire x