Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Evening all

Enjoying a lovely glass of Frascati.

Had a lovely day with the children.

My oldest took a really lovely spontaneous photo of me and I thought I would post the link as I don't have any photos on here. Please don't be shocked by the first ones as they were pre-op (night before) and then at intermittent periods during the last 36 weeks.

http://www.mummiesbi...tlossphotos.htm

Update:

Week 36

Well 20lbs to go. I have lost 81 pounds and 67 inches. Wow wow wow! I can't believe I am so near my target.

I started thinking if I was going to be happy at this target as I have been working towards this for the last 36 weeks! What if I don't stop losing after I have got to it, is that wrong? Is it what my body needs? I am also wondering if I will get less restriction etc. I know that I may have to go for a bit of maintenance in terms of fills but will my body know when it needs to stop losing weight?

I'm already shocked at what I see in the mirror. I can't quite get over the change from July 2010 until the beginning of January and until now. It's amazing. I am so not used to seeing myself like this and sort of miss a stage of my life when I felt I was ok. I suppose that would be the day I got married. Anyway I am going to have to get used to it as it is a part of me and I'm not going back to the 18 stone + me.

So how did I do this week. Lost 3.5 lbs and 1 inch so BMI is now 28.7 getting nearer to 25 to be referred for boobs!

Well going to close, have a super weekend. Take care

Claire x

claire you look amazing what a difference,well done hunny you should be proud,such a big channge in a short timeyou will be at target in no time xx

claire you look amazing what a difference,well done hunny you should be proud,such a big channge in a short timeyou will be at target in no time xx

Thank you I always think it is good to put a name to a face. So I have taken the plunge and be open and honest all the way, "you've lost weight"- "yes I had a gatrric band", "ohh I only ever read about that in magazines and heard so many negatives", "never met a real person with one and such a positive experience you have had, wow you have lost how much!"!

So yes open, honest all the way and wouldn't want it any differently. Even went live on my Facebook page tonight how brave am I or perhaps that should be stupid. But then I always believe that there is a message for everyone that there is always a choice and that it isn't dependent on someone from the NHS saying yes or no and that we can take control of out own destiny! Hence why so many of us end up with Dr Chris.

Thanks for the lovely comments, I am now stepping off my soap box and going to make cupcakes for tomorrows visit to nanny & gramps and hopefully a trip to Salcey Forest tree walk!

Have fun

Claire x

Evening all

Enjoying a lovely glass of Frascati.

Had a lovely day with the children.

My oldest took a really lovely spontaneous photo of me and I thought I would post the link as I don't have any photos on here. Please don't be shocked by the first ones as they were pre-op (night before) and then at intermittent periods during the last 36 weeks.

http://www.mummiesbi...tlossphotos.htm

Update:

Week 36

Well 20lbs to go. I have lost 81 pounds and 67 inches. Wow wow wow! I can't believe I am so near my target.

I started thinking if I was going to be happy at this target as I have been working towards this for the last 36 weeks! What if I don't stop losing after I have got to it, is that wrong? Is it what my body needs? I am also wondering if I will get less restriction etc. I know that I may have to go for a bit of maintenance in terms of fills but will my body know when it needs to stop losing weight?

I'm already shocked at what I see in the mirror. I can't quite get over the change from July 2010 until the beginning of January and until now. It's amazing. I am so not used to seeing myself like this and sort of miss a stage of my life when I felt I was ok. I suppose that would be the day I got married. Anyway I am going to have to get used to it as it is a part of me and I'm not going back to the 18 stone + me.

So how did I do this week. Lost 3.5 lbs and 1 inch so BMI is now 28.7 getting nearer to 25 to be referred for boobs!

Well going to close, have a super weekend. Take care

Claire x

Well done claire you have done great on your weight loss .It wont be long untill you get to your goal.Its good to see before and after pictures i think it gives people starting there journey the boost to go for it i know it did for me.By the way your looking great.

Well done claire you have done great on your weight loss .It wont be long untill you get to your goal.Its good to see before and after pictures i think it gives people starting there journey the boost to go for it i know it did for me.By the way your looking great.

Thank you that's really lovely. I was very brave last night and went live to friends on Facebook. Why? Well on Friday I bumped into a previous client and I felt when she was talking to me that she didn't know who I was. Especially as I had my two children with me and she has never met them. Probably thinking who the hell has stopped me and is asking how I am, and saying isn't it wonderful news about so and so.... so I decided to post.

Anyway the cat is out of the bag although I didn't say on facebook what I had had done because everypne who I openly and honestly tell is genuinely very good and says well done you! I did get an odd response yesterday as if to say "ohh my god why?" I was so positive that she said that all she had ever heard was negatives and had never actually met anyone who had had one. I thought I bet you have but they just haven't said.

We aren't that small a minority or are we?

Anyway have a super weekend what's left of it.

Enjoy ... I'm off for the enxt two weeks bliss!

Cx

Thanks for the lovely comments, I am now stepping off my soap box and going to make cupcakes for tomorrows visit to nanny & gramps and hopefully a trip to Salcey Forest tree walk!

Have fun

Claire x

Is that Salcey Forest in Northampton? I only live 2 miles away from there lol

I have now lost 4 stone since last August, not as much as I would have liked, but I have fallen into the trap of the liquid fat ie starbucks coffee with cream and bars of chocolate. :unsure:

I have had 4 fills and have modest restriction and am hoping to have the money to have one more at the end of this month in London.

Is that Salcey Forest in Northampton? I only live 2 miles away from there lol

I have now lost 4 stone since last August, not as much as I would have liked, but I have fallen into the trap of the liquid fat ie starbucks coffee with cream and bars of chocolate. :unsure:

I have had 4 fills and have modest restriction and am hoping to have the money to have one more at the end of this month in London.

Hello

Yes it is the Salcey Forest in Northampton. Wow just up the road. Fancy meeting for a coffee? Going for hopefully my final fill on the 5th May. Would be great to touch base. You have done well with your weightloss, it's 4 stone you won't regain - yippeee!

Take care

Claire

could someone let me know the April dates for the Glasgow clinic

please. also, if anyone would have the web address.

thanks

could someone let me know the April dates for the Glasgow clinic

please. also, if anyone would have the web address.

thanks

hi there in glasgow on 22nd and just type in ecfs belgium surgery services and click on after care hun xx ;)

hi there in glasgow on 22nd and just type in ecfs belgium surgery services and click on after care hun xx ;)

Thanks so much slinky, hope this will be the last one. you have done well. wish my progress was as good. heres hoping.

HI peeps

Thanks charlene i think i should be ok but i will see how it goes with chris Depreze first. If i feel i have some restriction then i wont go to Edinbourgh but ive heard so many people say they dont get ristriction to 3rd and 4th fill and that will take me to June before i get some restriction.When i was in Edinbourgh last month Dr chris gave three ladies a fill and told them to drink some Water and if it was not enough he would top it up a bit more and they all went back in.I dont know their personal circumstances ect but i think i should know after 8 days if i need a wee bit more.When did you get your band and how much have you lost.Ive lost about 18lbs but in the last 4 weeks have been up 2lbs then down 2lbs.I can eat anything and in the same portion size as before i was banded.Im going to try and keep to 1300 cals a day and try and lose some before i go for next fill but it will be through will power and not any help from the band.

Hi claire omg you look amazing.I bet your going to have a great summer you inspire all of us who dont have restriction at the moment to keep going .

The glasgow clinic is on 22nd of april.I would phone julie if i was you becouse i tried to book on line once and it took my booking but i phoned julie just to check and she told me the Glasgow clinic stops at 12.30 and its best to phone her for bookings.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Yeah youre right, the first fill doesnt do much or the second. I go to the Edinburgh clinic too and had my third fill last month, notice restriction now but not as much as I would like, so going for fill number 4 on 28th then hopefully that will be me. I think you would be ok to get a fill in Ggow then Edin the week after, you will know yourself how your body is. Im sure he wont mind :-) xx

Sorry charlene ment to ask u what time are u in Edinbourgh im 1.50pm might see you there.

Also ment to say last time i posted i said it was my dads 70th birthday well it wasent it was his 80th i keep telling people the wrong age i think im going nuts anyway he looks 70 so thats why i must be getting mixed up.:D

Hi everybody,

Finally I can rest for the next two weeks and enjoy the lovely weather. Had a bad toothache last week had to seek dental emergency was in so much pain but the dentist sorted it out the same day as I was unable to eat my band got tighter and yes I lost an extra 4llbs and I am still feeling tight I had to cancel my fill !! I am at the gym 4 times a week and can feel my body toning, haven't got any loose skin or saggy breast the exercise are really helping to tone up! Well I have now lost a total of 38llbs since my surgery last August I hope to lose at least another 25llbs by this August. It is a slow journey but I am going in the right direction.

Good luck everyone .

Hello everyone,

Check out my ticker, 7, yes 7 stone gone Yahoooooooooooo!!! Thats like a whole person, gone!

I cannot tell you how absolutely delighted I am, and the absolute bestest feeling I have had in a long time was slipping into a stunning Karen Millen dress on Saturday that I am wearing to a Wedding this weekend. I cried in the fitting room, and the look on hubbies face when I stepped out in it was amazing!

I proudly walked around clutching that bag with pride and beaming from ear to ear all day, and finally for the first time in 16 years felt like a normal person able to go into so many shops and buy anything I wanted knowing it was gonna fit.

I had a right old spend up with my first bumper pay packet since getting my promotion, and got 14's & 16's rather than the 24's I was in this time last year.

Also my friend had her band fitted today, not by Dr Chris but in a hospital here after being inspired by my progress, and I cannot wait to see the difference this is going to make to her life as well.

Lots of people back on the boards, good to see how everyone is doing, and welcome newbies.

Claire, your progress photos are fab, well done you! I might get brave and post some soon, if I can figure out how!

Slinx, hello, I am confused as when I get updates for this thread on my phone your pic is a dark haired lady? Is that you? and freckles has a different pic too?

Take care all xxx

Hello

Yes it is the Salcey Forest in Northampton. Wow just up the road. Fancy meeting for a coffee? Going for hopefully my final fill on the 5th May. Would be great to touch base. You have done well with your weightloss, it's 4 stone you won't regain - yippeee!

Take care

Claire

Yeah, would be good to meet a fellow bandster.

I go for hopefully my last fill on 28th April.

Been a bit strange this week, i've gone from not being able to eat hardly a thing to being able to eat nearly everything in sight! not good with easter coming up lol.