Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Oops didn't see your message. I've managed to keep mine a secret too. Don't know how you have been able to. You should get a job with the secret service. Oh I've had that pain too when I tried to eat a bit of mash.

This pain I'm having is a lovely addition to that and comes at random times. I actually thought my lung had punctured the other day. The pain was that sharp it caught my breath. I emailed Fred and will be getting my fill next month so will discuss it with them if I still have it. I'm still on the Soup and the mushy Cereal is ok at times too. Congrats again on the weight loss. That's fantastic xx

Im getting my fill in feb. i'm hungry now again so looking forward to getting it.

I don't have that pain. yes definately say it to him. don't get me wrong if i eat something that does agree i know all about it! can eat alot more now than i could but i introduce a new food very carefully just in case :)

Hi girls

well its three weeks today untill i get my band.Ive managed to maintain this week again.Next week i have to start my pre op diet i dont fancy doing slimfast what did you do honeybelle?Today ive been thinking if im doing the right thing.... and how did i let it get this bad. I know i am..... but i keep thinking why i eat its not always becouse im hungry.And how do ideal with the still wanting food issues i think im going to struggle with that more than anything.Also bread is one of my down falls and from what i read thats a no no .Then i tell myself thats why im getting this done so i physically can,t eat the same amount.Slinky why did it take so long to get to your third fill ive already booked one for march and one for april in glasgow talk about being organised.Also if anyone is going 16th feb let me know.

Hi sara

I didn't know about the pre op diet so i hadn't done one ..oops. In fact i went on the 10th of Jan so was finishing off all the christmas food! any wonder i needed the op lol

I was the same...how has it come to this? but i don't eat all the time cos i'm hungry either i was a terrible emotional eater...but any emotion really! but now i can't do it thats the thing.

bread is i think most of our downfalls! but i went out to lunch last week and had Soup and a little crust off some brown bread...that's it you can still indulge but tiny bits :)

no eating 6 or 8 slices of white killer bread.

also cos you have to be careful when you go back eating you eat very slowly. Today I had a bit of omelette and my sister was finished hers and i was still there another 15 mins picking my tiny bites and chewing them for ages :)

you dont have to do slimfast before. i think they recommend a low fat diet. just try your best. I only had slimfast after because you'll be on liquid diet after and at least slimfast has some good nutrients in it...even though its not the nicest tasting. you won't be hungry after your surgery but should try drink something like that keep the vits up :)

Hi girls, I am getting banded by Dr Chris on the 15th of Feb and I am really nervous!! Any advice??

Hi sara

I didn't know about the pre op diet so i hadn't done one ..oops. In fact i went on the 10th of Jan so was finishing off all the christmas food! any wonder i needed the op lol

I was the same...how has it come to this? but i don't eat all the time cos i'm hungry either i was a terrible emotional eater...but any emotion really! but now i can't do it thats the thing.

bread is i think most of our downfalls! but i went out to lunch last week and had Soup and a little crust off some brown bread...that's it you can still indulge but tiny bits :)

no eating 6 or 8 slices of white killer bread.

also cos you have to be careful when you go back eating you eat very slowly. Today I had a bit of omelette and my sister was finished hers and i was still there another 15 mins picking my tiny bites and chewing them for ages :)

you dont have to do slimfast before. i think they recommend a low fat diet. just try your best. I only had slimfast after because you'll be on liquid diet after and at least slimfast has some good nutrients in it...even though its not the nicest tasting. you won't be hungry after your surgery but should try drink something like that keep the vits up :)

Hi girls, I am getting banded by Dr Chris on the 15th of Feb and I am really nervous!! Any advice??

you will be fine hunnybee,i think we all get nervous and think the worse,but it goes that quickly and smoothly it will be over before you know it honest,then you on your way to a beautiful new you,think of it like that xx anything you are unsure about ask away xx

Hi girls

Im really upset just now .I,ve just been to see my nurse for a well woman check (my idea thought it would be good to get before i get my band) .And the nurse said i had high blood pressure 180 over 100 ive never had high blood pressure ever before and it does not run in my family.She said they will not do the op if my blood pressure is that high.I also got blood taken.Im supposed to get my op on16th feb .I phoned my neice (she is a nurse) she said it sounds weird as it is quite a jump from last time. Ive got to see doc on fri and if it is high hopefully he will give me something to bring it down but i will only have just over a week by then I know if i watch what im doing i could get my weight down by 7pounds by then but dont know even if that will help if anyone has any advice please help im desperate.

HI Girls

I just went to my local Lloyds and got them to check my blood pressure and guess what it is not the same as the nurse said The lady at lloyds did both arms and one was norm and the other arm was on the higher side of norm.It gave me a fright i can tell you as ive been saving for months for this op and pinning all my hopes on it.How ever thats made my mind up to really stick to my low fat pre op diet.

HI Girls

I just went to my local Lloyds and got them to check my blood pressure and guess what it is not the same as the nurse said The lady at lloyds did both arms and one was norm and the other arm was on the higher side of norm.It gave me a fright i can tell you as ive been saving for months for this op and pinning all my hopes on it.How ever thats made my mind up to really stick to my low fat pre op diet.

Blood pressure changes throughout the day, my pregnant mums find this all the time when they go to the midwife especially if they suffer with white coat syndrome i.e. hate anything medical. It's best to see the GP and touch base with Frederick and see what he has to say about everything. I am sure with some rest and relaxation and a bit of TLC you will be ok but it's better to be safe.

Do hope that all will be ok and you get to the bottom of it.

Take care

Claire

Hi Honeybee

Im getting my band 16th feb are you going with someone. what hotel are you staying at .I am flying from Edinbourgh might see you there.

Also from what ive read so far you should take some wind tablets and liq pain killers .If you are staying at the campalion(probly wrong spelling) hotel you should take a cup... and some cup a Soup.< /p>

Also you need to take your passport to hospital with you.

Hi girls

Im really upset just now .I,ve just been to see my nurse for a well woman check (my idea thought it would be good to get before i get my band) .And the nurse said i had high blood pressure 180 over 100 ive never had high blood pressure ever before and it does not run in my family.She said they will not do the op if my blood pressure is that high.I also got blood taken.Im supposed to get my op on16th feb .I phoned my neice (she is a nurse) she said it sounds weird as it is quite a jump from last time. Ive got to see doc on fri and if it is high hopefully he will give me something to bring it down but i will only have just over a week by then I know if i watch what im doing i could get my weight down by 7pounds by then but dont know even if that will help if anyone has any advice please help im desperate.

Hi sara

i had high blood pressure too. once they put you on a pill it will bring it down don't worry.

also to assess it properly you would need a 24 hour monitor. sometime people visit a dr or nurse and have high blood pressure and when the leave it goes down. its called "white coat" bloodpressure, basically you get stress when you go to a dr and it goes up :)

my blood presure is normal 120/80 but as soon as i see my dr it goes through the roof lol. see what your dr says don't panic yet ..you'll only worry and send it up more!

i understand i was really nervous too. i think we all get nervous. I knew it was a decision i had to make for my health. I sure you are not doing this on a whim.

are you travelling alone or bringing someone with you?

Thanks clair

Going to GP on fri for results of blood.I really dont think it was as high as the nurse said she tried doing it three times with the digital one and it did not work then she did it three times manually.My neice said i would have headaches or palpatations or something if it jumped that high.:huh:

hi honeybelle,slinky and everyone,

I am back, banded.Still feel sore, return flight was a nightmare, I felt really sick, weak, nearly fainted again ( once in hospital).

Cannot use oral painkillers, disperseble tabl I got in hosp. caused me a huge alergic rash all over my body.So that only pain relief for me is suppositories.tolerating liquids today fine but spent most of my day on the sofa. everything went well, nurses were very carring,checking on me regularly.hopefuly I will start to feel stronger day after day. no regrets so far.

nice to be back,

missed you all,

blondy

I am back, banded.Still feel sore, return flight was a nightmare, I felt really sick, weak, nearly fainted again ( once in hospital).

Cannot use oral painkillers, disperseble tabl I got in hosp. caused me a huge alergic rash all over my body.So that only pain relief for me is suppositories.tolerating liquids today fine but spent most of my day on the sofa. everything went well, nurses were very carring,checking on me regularly.hopefuly I will start to feel stronger day after day. no regrets so far.

nice to be back,

missed you all,

blondy

Oh you poor thing!

At least you are home . I took soluble solphadeine when i got home, or theres a soluble panadol in the chemist too now. but be careful if you have allergies. have you taken either of these before cos if you have and didn't react they should be ok.

anyway take it easy and if you have alot of tightness suck some ice pops. the cold will take down some of the swelling :)

glad you are back xx

nice to be back,

missed you all,

blondy

oh sara i feel for you hun,waiting to get done then this blood pressure to worry about,hopefully it's just nerves and you calm naturally and can get done,hope all works out xxxx.Welcome back blondy poor you being allergic to meds,hope your comfortable with the suppositories but each day amazingly does get easier,i could only tolirate fluids for about a week i didnt feel hungry at all,take it easy hun the first few days i did and it helps xxxxx

hi Audrey from Belfast,

We met in hopsital, shared room, on 28/01(surgery day)discharged on sat. afternoon, you came with your daughter.

Unfortunately we did not exchange phone numbers :(

If you read that message please reply to me and let me know how you two getting on. Looking forward to hearing from you.

blondynurse :tea: