Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Does anyone els get a pain behind their left shoulder blade and a dull ache for an hour or two after eating?

Hi Baarbs, I'm sure Gillian had the same problem, she was banded this time last year, I am sure it went within a month or two its connected with the trapped wind post op, remigel helped her and if its really uncomfortable she used dissolving paracetamol. All the best with getting used to your new band. Who is doing your fill in Newport? Chris Deprez did mine but that was going back to October last year.

Does anyone els get a pain behind their left shoulder blade and a dull ache for an hour or two after eating?

Hiya everyone thanks for all the good wishes, much appreciated.

Baarbs that pain is wind related and should settle down after a few days though some girls I know had it for a bit longer, don't know why you only get it in the left side though!. Try hold your hands down by your side and slide them down as if trying to touch the side of your knees this should help relieve the pain. I think the wind pain is nearly worse than the pain of the op but it'll send down soon. Best of luck xx

Hi everyone, I have been reading with great intent to a lot of the comments about Dr Chris. I emailed Bridget several times asking the usual questions, and do you know that I feel so convinced that this is the right way to go. I too like many of you are trying to get the cash together to fund this life changing trip, but my printer has given up the ghost, so I guess I will have to find a legal way of getting it together! (only kidding!). Apart from that I am so excited about the prospect of having this done and hopefully in Feb 2010, so I can look better in May for my sons wedding in May. So all in all folks what a year 2010 will be for me. I feel like all my Christmas' have come at once, and I can't wait. Thanks for ALL the great stories from you all. I enjoy them so much and they give me such conviction to go for it. Regards to all you brave people. Paul:blushing:

Hi everyone, I have been reading with great intent to a lot of the comments about Dr Chris. I emailed Bridget several times asking the usual questions, and do you know that I feel so convinced that this is the right way to go. I too like many of you are trying to get the cash together to fund this life changing trip, but my printer has given up the ghost, so I guess I will have to find a legal way of getting it together! (only kidding!). Apart from that I am so excited about the prospect of having this done and hopefully in Feb 2010, so I can look better in May for my sons wedding in May. So all in all folks what a year 2010 will be for me. I feel like all my Christmas' have come at once, and I can't wait. Thanks for ALL the great stories from you all. I enjoy them so much and they give me such conviction to go for it. Regards to all you brave people. Paul:blushing:

hi puddlejumper, welcome to the forum, i would bypass bridget and email dr cdb or his sidekick frederik direct, it may save you a couple of euros but also its better booking direct, i have pasted the email addresses below

chris.debruyne@advalvas.be

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

Thanks for the tips Guys (Lill and mm)I feel better knowing that it is a complaint others have had and I will try that. I don't know who I am seeing in Newport she wasn't sure maybe Frederick. I will be able to tell you more after my first vist. I don't feel any restriction only this shoulder pain after I have eaten. Still it is early days and I have lost 7lbs to date so am well please with the results so far. Went for an hours walk today Knackered!!!!

Hi everyone, I have been reading with great intent to a lot of the comments about Dr Chris. I emailed Bridget several times asking the usual questions, and do you know that I feel so convinced that this is the right way to go. I too like many of you are trying to get the cash together to fund this life changing trip, but my printer has given up the ghost, so I guess I will have to find a legal way of getting it together! (only kidding!). Apart from that I am so excited about the prospect of having this done and hopefully in Feb 2010, so I can look better in May for my sons wedding in May. So all in all folks what a year 2010 will be for me. I feel like all my Christmas' have come at once, and I can't wait. Thanks for ALL the great stories from you all. I enjoy them so much and they give me such conviction to go for it. Regards to all you brave people. Paul

:cursing:

Hi Paul, Welcome to the Bandsters site. My advice to you would be "listen to Garry he's the man" What he doesn't know about banding isn't worth knowing.My only regret is that I didn't find this site before I booked I would have saved at least a couple of hunred euros. Good luck:thumbup:

hi, to everyone not been on for a couple of months but good to see everyone doing well and more folk going ahead with the banding.

i was doing well for a good few month lost nearly 24 pounds then a family trate started playing up...... psoriasis which i could handle usually, but these were and still are even worse as ive got them on my face!!

anyway as regulars can see not been on as i let my focus slip and put on weight over xmas etc due to not going out anywhere etc eating for comfort/drinking etc and most of the 24 pounds is back on now!usual habits!

anyway due to get a fill again this month with Wendy hope it will actually work and give me some help this time (still no decent restriction) as this is why i had it done but it did not help me this time...so just remember as people do say not a miracle cure....hard work too!

im up for a fight again this time so heres hoping!;)

hi puddlejumper, welcome to the forum, i would bypass bridget and email dr cdb or his sidekick frederik direct, it may save you a couple of euros but also its better booking direct, i have pasted the email addresses below

chris.debruyne@advalvas.be

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

Hi Garry, Well I hear youre the man , so I found an expert straightaway, great news for me! I mailed Chris and Fredrick, but Fredricks bounced back, but I guess Chris will pass it on to him for his action. Let's see what happens, can't wait.... feel like a kid at Christmas. My lovely granddaughter Jessica made me laugh last night, she patted my tummy and said so innocently " Gaga you have a lovely tummy , but it's bigger than mine", lest she knows huh lol?

Hi Paul, Welcome to the Bandsters site. My advice to you would be "listen to Garry he's the man" What he doesn't know about banding isn't worth knowing.My only regret is that I didn't find this site before I booked I would have saved at least a couple of hunred euros. Good luck:thumbup:

Hi Baarbs, thanks for the warm welcome, and I hope youre doing ok, with your new friend !

I read one chaps message saying you can't be 57, I agreed whole heartidly. Mind you Mrs Puddlejumper is the same age, and everyone says I look older...cheek ! Roll on the sleeker version of Mr Puddlejumper.

gillian, bigsister, and wishful Happy One year anniversary!! How are you guys doing? Still happy with your bands? Where did you go for your annual x-rays? My one year was yesterday, Ive got 16 pounds left to lose. It is slow going, but going. TC 27 are you still out there? If so, hope you are doing well! -T

No Haven't heard from Jane yet I phoned her the morning we were leaving and she felt a lot better but was going to get a taxi direct to the eurostar good idea as she was on her own.

I have been to my doctor she was very supportive and see the practice nurse next Monday for the removal of stiches.

I think I probably feel less sore as Sam did all the lugging of the luggage and I did as little as possible. I've booked my first fill in Newport in 6 weeks thats the first time I can get it done there. I bought a wii sport today!!!! well I have good intentions anyway.You look after yourself and keep me posted xox

Hi Baarbs, Glad everything is going ok, havent been on for a little while as slipped off the wagon over Christmas and having a wee problem getting back into it. But I am going to Newport on Friday morning for a fill may bump into one another? I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will restrict me a bit more and get me back on track, as I couldnt get there in December. Good Luck on your Weight Loss Journey x:thumbup:x

hi, to everyone not been on for a couple of months but good to see everyone doing well and more folk going ahead with the banding.

i was doing well for a good few month lost nearly 24 pounds then a family trate started playing up...... psoriasis which i could handle usually, but these were and still are even worse as ive got them on my face!!

anyway as regulars can see not been on as i let my focus slip and put on weight over xmas etc due to not going out anywhere etc eating for comfort/drinking etc and most of the 24 pounds is back on now!usual habits!

anyway due to get a fill again this month with Wendy hope it will actually work and give me some help this time (still no decent restriction) as this is why i had it done but it did not help me this time...so just remember as people do say not a miracle cure....hard work too!

im up for a fight again this time so heres hoping!:wink:

Hi Timeisnow, I am off for a fill this week for the same reason, but have put on four pounds but struggling. Yes it isnt a miracle cure I agree and its hard work but there is something there that helps more that without, so I am starting again this week too.

I have replied as my husband has psroasis and it is getting quite bad, spoke to a lady this weekend whose husband is a consultant and she told me to get my husband to get his tonsils removed?? I was a bit unsure but have been goggling it on line and it appears to work for some people, might be worth knowing:thumbup:

Good Luck with the new start x

Hi all hope everyone is doing well...

Just a question can someone explain to me what reflux is???

When i lie down in bed my throat starts gurgling sound like a belly rumble but in my throat it can happen when i drink coffee first thing in the morning too but just wondering if anyone else is like that or is it normal i can feel it like air in my throat and near fee like burping but dont

Thanks for ur time

flirty x

Hi all hope everyone is doing well...

Just a question can someone explain to me what reflux is???

When i lie down in bed my throat starts gurgling sound like a belly rumble but in my throat it can happen when i drink coffee first thing in the morning too but just wondering if anyone else is like that or is it normal i can feel it like air in my throat and near fee like burping but dont

Thanks for ur time

flirty x

Hi flirty, reflux is like when you have a chest infection and flem or mucus comes up from your chest or gullet and comes back into your mouth, sometimes you cough it up or sometimes it just comes up without warning, it mostly happens when you lie down, it can be mucus or acid, or slime. The cause often is an overtight band or band slip.

Hope you are feeling well, you've gone awfully quiet lately