Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Day 2 post-op & I'm absolutely starving hungry. I understand its liquids for 10 days but I've had to have a slice of bread with my Soup tonight because I'm famished. Does anyone have any ideas how I could overcome the hunger pangs, they're worse than the incision pains :)

Heya Fatduck,

Welcome back!!! Wow finaly banded feels good . Must say i also feel hungry but am keeping up with Soups , Jello, Water, puddings. Hope the 10 days of liquids pass by. Been takeing my shots and cleaning my stitches must say was scared in the beginning but finally done it and it was pretty easy.. Fatduck stay off the bread as much as possible.

Thank you Sammy and Wishfull.

I have managed a few mouthfuls of coffee this morning. Lunchtime I wasnt starving but getting a headache so managed a cup a Soup, took a while but it did go down.

I have just eaten 3 crackerbreads with Marmite on, and am now full...brilliant!!!!

BTW where do I buy those Dutch crispbreads, I cant find them in Asda or Tesco???? Please!!!

2mhbugz.jpg

Edited by Freckles

Morning Gary,

Can you please tell me what you mean by "the noises"? I am totally flummuxed!!

Ta, Westie x

mmmmmm well i will try, have you ever drank a big drink and felt a light gurggle coming from the middle of your chest right up the back of your throat, if so then its simmilar. When your tight if your pouch is filled with food then basically the hole into your stomach is blocked and therfoe if you continue to eat it backs up, as the food passes through the band in your stomach its like a release of air and that passes up to your throat, causing the gurggles in your throat, its a strnage feeling not really sore but you know its there and you cant eat anything on top, if you do then thts when your mouth produced the thick slaiva and it adds to the problem by backing up even further so you then feel you need to keep spitting out the saliva, then it starts to get sore. If after that if the food you ate initially has not passed through and wont go through (possibly meat or bread or fibrous food) then the body gives up and makes the whole lot come up (PB) which is releif but not the best for the band. After all that you wont be able to eat or drink as you osophegus is swollen and takes a few hours to go down. This sounds scary and hard but its really not, i have only had restriciton for 1 week and have picked up how to work with it so this does not happen. Its a learning curve.

Hope this helps

gx

Hey freckles i buy my dutch crisp breads from asda.. i find it quite hard to eat them at the min and find ryvita easier, doesnt make sense i know. Ask next time your in tesco or asda im sure someone will show you where they are, in asda they are in the biscuit aisle x

Hi Michelle

c u on the 7th. Where r u stayin? I'm at the Campinile. If ur there it would b nice if we could all meet up for chat on the 6th.

mmmmmm well i will try, have you ever drank a big drink and felt a light gurggle coming from the middle of your chest right up the back of your throat, if so then its simmilar. When your tight if your pouch is filled with food then basically the hole into your stomach is blocked and therfoe if you continue to eat it backs up, as the food passes through the band in your stomach its like a release of air and that passes up to your throat, causing the gurggles in your throat, its a strnage feeling not really sore but you know its there and you cant eat anything on top, if you do then thts when your mouth produced the thick slaiva and it adds to the problem by backing up even further so you then feel you need to keep spitting out the saliva, then it starts to get sore. If after that if the food you ate initially has not passed through and wont go through (possibly meat or bread or fibrous food) then the body gives up and makes the whole lot come up (PB) which is releif but not the best for the band. After all that you wont be able to eat or drink as you osophegus is swollen and takes a few hours to go down. This sounds scary and hard but its really not, i have only had restriciton for 1 week and have picked up how to work with it so this does not happen. Its a learning curve.

Hope this helps

gx

Thanks Gary, I must be careful of this in the future - I've had only one fill so far. I like to have as much info as possible so that I'm prepared. Otherwise I might get scared! Thank God for this site.

Westie x

I was pretty scared last night girl I can tell you, I really thought I'd have to go for a de-fill.

Thanx so much Sammy and Wishfull, I will look out for them.

I'll also ask if I'm in Asda first, cos me and Steve looked for them with the crackers and just couldnt see them.

Atm I am eating marmite rice cakes, they seem to be going down ok.

What I can normally eat (did today too) is crackerbreads, much easier than Ryvita to go down hun.

I was pretty scared last night girl I can tell you, I really thought I'd have to go for a de-fill.

Thanx so much Sammy and Wishfull, I will look out for them.

I'll also ask if I'm in Asda first, cos me and Steve looked for them with the crackers and just couldnt see them.

Atm I am eating marmite rice cakes, they seem to be going down ok.

What I can normally eat (did today too) is crackerbreads, much easier than Ryvita to go down hun.

Hi Freckles, glad your feeling a bit better,did you have your fill yesterday, i had fill yesterday Fred put in 1/2 mil brought me up to 6 1/2 im not sure about the fill Fred said a little came back out he said i should not get a fill for another while, but i feel know different then before even tho still on liquids today, just a bit worried when he said some came out 1/2 is very little so cant help but feel what he put came back out just a bit confused , i would think i should notice even on liquids had Soup and yogurts today no prob so what do you think guy's :eek::confused:

Happy Birthday Gillian :smile2::smile:

Heya Fatduck,

Welcome back!!! Wow finaly banded feels good . Must say i also feel hungry but am keeping up with Soups , Jello, Water, puddings. Hope the 10 days of liquids pass by. Been takeing my shots and cleaning my stitches must say was scared in the beginning but finally done it and it was pretty easy.. Fatduck stay off the bread as much as possible.

Hey Rose, Good to hear you're doing good. I'm feeling pretty good too. A wee bit sore of course but it's not a problem. The bread thing was a moment of madness, I know that now, I did a bit of research and I'm shocked to know some of the possible consequences of eating at this stage. I genuinely didn't know this, I was never informed of this, the Doc just said stick to liquids for 10 days. The possiblities of what might happen has shocked me and I can assure you I won't be pulling that stunt again. Keep in touch sweetie and let me know how you're trips going. Take Care, Vikki :eek:

Hi Shoes, yes I had my fill on Thursday, but I went to Michael VDB, my surgeon cos it was in with the package (I got 2 free ones).

I have an Allergan small band holds between 9 and 11 mls.

This was my 4th fill, I have 6 and a half mls in now.

I know what you mean that you should notice with drinking that you have had a fill. Maybe you could mail Freddy boy and tell him you still dont have good restriction, and remind him about some coming back out. I have never heard of that happening.

But I suppose it can happen, yet that doesnt seem fair that you have paid for a fill and didnt get it.

You have lost a good bit of weight so far though, you were banded after me and have lost a lot more.

Somethings working for you chick. xx

Good morning all. Graduation reception and party went well. We had to go to a swanky hotel for free drinks, I had a fresh orange while every one else was getting stuck in. Back to house for party for what I thought was 30 guests as son said he was inviting a couple of freinds which turned out to be 15, so numbers now at 45. Anyway, I kept myself busy filling guests glasses. I had caterers do the buffet but didnt have any. I forgot to eat, and had 3 glasses (small) red wine but over a period of 8 hours. I Really enjoyed it but Im shattered this morning. Jx

Hi Lischa, I got in contact with anitahug and she said you were being banded on the same day as us. Hope your ok and not too nervous!! I am quite excited, dont know if i should be!! Look forward to meeting you in Brussels have a safe journey!!