Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

Hi again,

Had my surgeon visit on 9/10 and I don't need any testing at all.

Here is my schedule:

Oct 11: Pre Optifast weigh in

Oct 18: Start Optifast

Oct 29: Pre-op at hospital (bloodwork) at pre registration

Nov 1 : Surgery!

Hi everyone, I just got my surgery date today.........November 29.....I was really hoping it was earlier in Nov. but my surgeon is going out of the country from Oct. 26th to Nov. 9th so that set everyone back. I am just glad to finally have a surgery date and am already counting down the days even though I am sad that I have to wait so much longer!

CONGRATS Sassafras - I know it is so much farther than you anticipated but at least you still have a date now. I still don't have a date, but I am praying everyday that they give me one soon.

Thanks smilin! I am happy that I have a date but I am trying not to get too excited so I don't jinx it. I hope that you get your date soon!!! I was kind of a pain, I kept calling my surgeon's office every few days to see if they had a date then finally when I called Monday, she said she had just scheduled it!:rolleyes:

Thanks smilin! I am happy that I have a date but I am trying not to get too excited so I don't jinx it. I hope that you get your date soon!!! I was kind of a pain, I kept calling my surgeon's office every few days to see if they had a date then finally when I called Monday, she said she had just scheduled it!:car:

:cry I am sad.....I called the surgeons office this morning and the nurse said that the surgeons have only been scheduling 12 surgeries a month. There are 3 surgeons and they only do surgeries 3 days a weeks (one day for each surgeon a week). And only 3 surgeries each of those days. Then she informaed me that I am 19th in line on the list, which looks like I will not be getting in until December now unles 6 other people cannot go in November...I am trying with all of my strength to not go overboard and eat out of emotional need. I just thought it was going to finally happen soon but now I have to wait an additional month more than I expected.

:think

Aw, smilin, I am so sorry to hear that! I know how you feel. I could have had mine sooner too but my surgeon is going out of the country from Oct. 26th to Nov. 9th and when I first got approved there were like 4 people ahead of me so that's how I got shoved to the end of Nov. He is the only surgeon in the practice. You must live in a big city-three surgeons!

Try to think positive. You never know, they could still get you in Nov. yet. And if not, you have waited this long..........I know that is not very encouraging but that is the only way I could keep myself from being too sad about having to wait so long. Try not to eat out of sadness...easier said than done. I know....I put on like 30 lbs just waiting to get approved. Don't run off to the Dec. 2007 thread just yet...I would miss you! Hang in there and don't be sad. Good things come to those who wait.........

Thanks Sassafras!!! That helped, I am doing ok on the food side i guess not losing but not gaining either. I went to the Doctor's today because I am having someweird stomach pains and when they weighed me it was exactly what I weighed 2 weeks ago when I saw my surgeon. I won't leave to the Dec. 2007 thread just yet, I am going to hang in there. Besides I have grown to love the support I am getting here and I am a huge fan of comfortability, which I do feel here. I will hang around even if my surgery ends up being in December if everyone doesn't mind. Have a great night all! And thanks again!!!

:) April

Wow, looks like we are getting a bigger group now (pardon the pun) for November. Since mine is the 1ST..I'll be the guinea pig!

I just thank GOD I will be on Optifast during this Halloween season. I love those little candy bars, and now I won't be able to have them! I don't have to ponde...should I or shouldn't I like I do every year...this year the answer is NO..move on. I work in a grocery store and I look at the display all day. I am going to look at all the bags and imagine them hanging from my butt, like saddle bags!

Patty, maybe you will be the first in Nov and I will be the last! Those little candy bars tempt me too. My hubby and daughter always insist on getting Reese cups and I love them. I don't know if I could take working in a grocery store or anywhere else near food for that matter. I worked in fast food management for 10 years which helped greatly in getting me where I am today.......I will be on Optifast for Thanksgiving!!!! I am ok with that except that I LOVE the dressing! I wish that I could have some just one last time!

Smilin, hang in there! At least you are not gaining. I am trying to lose a few more between now and my pre-op diet. How are your stomach pains? Definitely stick around with us! I have been lurking on here for 2 years and am so happy to be meeting some people finally! We are all in this together! :waytogo:

Thanks everyone, I am feeling same ol', same ol'. The pains are the same, it is weird. The doctor went ahead and order a whole bunch of blood tests because when he did the other test it came up negative for infection. Well I will see next week.

Hey everyone! I am planning to be banded on November 1st. Went for my first consultation yesterday and I don't need anything but blood work done. My insurance has to approve of course but he said that should only take about a week. He told me to pick any Thursday starting in October so I am thinking November 1st would be the best for me. I am soooo excited and nervous at the same time. My, how my life is going to change! Have any of you been told of a pre-op diet? My doctor said that it's not necessary. Well, good luck to you all !

<p>I'm November 6!!! I live in ND and am on my pre-op diet of 1500 cal/day and 40-60 gr of protien/day. I will be on the Clear liquids 2 days before surgery. I am struggling with all the emotional issues surrounding overeating and diet failure, fear of failure after the surgery, fear of what people think of me....etc! I have had very good support from others on different threads, I can see this site will be my life-line as well as some of the other places I'm reaching out to locally....and my surgery team. </p> <p></p> <p>Penny</p> <p> </p> <p>5'4" 254 BMI 43.4</p>

I still have a long ways to go until Nov. 29th but I got a bunch of pre-op appts scheduled today and it is finally sinking in that this is really going to happen! I have bloodwork and ekg on Oct. 2nd, then on the 10th I have to go to a pre-surgical seminar for 3 hours, then see the dr. again for more bloodwork, see the surgeon Nov. 15th, and then surgery Nov. 29th. It really seems like it isn't for a while but I know it will be here before I know it. I'm just so scared something is going to happen that I won't be able to have it! I am so jealous of everyone that gets to go before me!!!

Smilin, how are you doing today?

STRESSED OUT!!!! My roomate and I had a falling out and I am moving now, great, just before my surgery. Now I will be living alone with my daughter. Currently I live with my daughter and two other adults as well as my parents are right across the street. I won't be moving too far away only about a mile so that is good. But financially it sucks! So that will be one more stress to add the pot. I just pray I will be strong enough to stay away from the stress foods during this time. I trying to consume myself into some activities at church to prepare myself to deal with all this stress, and it seems to be helping a little bit. I think I will be ok?!? At least I hope so, I want to succeed at this so badly, and yet I am so afraid of failure with this band. I feel like this is my last chance at living a healthy adult life and possibly having more children one day. Ok I know, I am rambling on and on. I hope you are doing much better than I am.

April