Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

I'm sooooooooo excited to see others with my Nov 1 date!! Good luck everyone. I am going to try and order the book Lap-Band for Life. Does anyone have it already?

Bobbi

Hungryforchange! You and I have the same date! Yeah! :-) I go for my pre-admission testing on the 30th at the hospital then over to see the surgeon once more before the surgery. Do you have to do the liquid diet before surgery? I haven't been asked to do any kind of diet. I just started on one a couple of weeks ago because of all I've read in here. I want it to go as smoothly as possible. The doctor did say that he'd like me to lose weight prior to the surgery because of the shrinking of the liver thing but nothing was set in stone - so to speak. Good luck to you!

Bobbi - Didn't even realize that we had the same BMI. It's pretty neat that we will be banded the same day and have the same goals!

Saturday I met with a girl who had the lap band surgery two years ago. She was at the same party I was and we talked for about an hour. She has lost 115 lbs in two years and she said that for the past 6-8 months she has just been maintaining the weight. She looked GREAT and had nothing but encouraging things to say to me. She even brought me in the bathroom to show me the incisions and had me the feel the port. Out of the five incisions she had I could only see two of them good and I really had to push hard on her stomach to feel the part. I was very happy to meet and talk with her and I felt even more better about my decision for lap band when I left!

Dianne,

Yea we are on the same day! I go in a few minutes early the day of my surgery for the blood testing. I already did the psychologist, nurse anesthetist consultation, dr. consultation, and education class all done in one day.

I do not have to do a pre op diet but I am going to start one next week. I feel VERY ready! I doubt I'll be doing all liquid for 3 weeks though. My plan is liquid for Breakfast and lunch and sensible dinner. My dr. has us on 4 weeks of all liquid post op and that's bad enough!

Hi everyone!

My surgery is scheduled on Nov 5th - I just found out last week! I'm having it at St Vincent Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio, by Dr Ben-Meir. On Oct 17 I go for a full day of pre-op testing, seeing a dietician, having informational classes and getting the Opti-fast I will need for my pre-op diet. I will be on the Opti-fast for 2 weeks.

I started this journey at the beginning of this year. After my yearly physical in Jan, and seeing that my weight was the highest ever, plus having more joint pain and more fatigue - I started looking into weightloss surgery. I attended a seminar, and the very next day called my insurance (cigna) to see if lapband was covered - and it was.

Through the testing I have found out I have a hernia and sleep apnea. The hernia will be repaired during the lapband surgery. And I now use a c-pap machine for the apnea, and it has made a WORLD of difference!

I was denied by cigna in early Sept, but then my pcp called them and sent them more information - and then I got a letter last week saying I was approved!!! I'm like everyone else....excited and a bit nervous!

As you can see - I have no Ticker or pretty stuff!:rolleyes I plan to work on that SOON. I always think about working on it, but then start reading all the different threads - and I read, and read and read......

I'm glad I found you guys!!!! I'll be back!

Forestcat

Welcome Forestcat! That's great that your insurance will now cover the lap band ! I too looked into it about a year ago and my insurance would not cover it. I decided a couple months ago to start looking into it again and to my surprise my insurance now covers. I was very excited!

Hi, I am anxiously waiting the call that my insurance co. will pay before I can schedule my date. I am hoping for the first week in November. I have spent the last month going to all my appointments and support meetings. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll know more. I'll keep you posted.

Hi everyone: I have been away for awhile, took a week of vacation to relax before really gearing up for the surgery. I had my pre-op visit on Monday, that involved some blood work, EKG, chest X-ray and meeting with a dietitan. My pre-op preparation is to consume 60 additional grams of protien per day by protien shake. I have lost 10 lbs since my initial consult 4 wks ago just by drinking the protien. Two days before the surgery, I will be on Clear Liquids. They also want no more than 1500 cal /day the month before the surgery. I think my surgeon is pretty reasonable! His only hard rule is NO wt gain or he won't to the surgery. I had my psych testing done before the initial consult with the surgeon. Now it's just moving toward the Nov 6 surgery date. I went to the hosp support group last night (second time) and it's nothing like the support found here. Everyone here is the BEST!! Now that I figured out how to get my Ticker on, I have to figure out how to edit it! Any guidance??

Penny

Bismarck ND

Medcenter One

Dr Bruderer

I want to send a big hug :rolleyes: and thank you to all who helped me through a rough stage. I have anxiety attacks and I was doing fine until I actually went to see the Doctor. Wow I knew I was ready for this but the anxiety got the best of me. I posted and found that it is normal to feel frightened. I just laid at home and cried without knowing why. I told my boss today and that was the last major step I needed to take. I was so surprised to hear her say "Wow I am so happy for you and I will support you 100%! :whoo:It was like a huge cloud just lifted and I am just as ready as I will ever be.

Again I just can't say enough about this site and the people here. Thank you all...

Hi NDMom - the waiting is the hardest part. I called my insurance every couple of days until I found out. :rolleyes:) Good Luck!!

<p>HI all!</p> <p> I am going to be banded on the 16th of November in Albany Ga by Dr Bagnato. I have been reading alot of your messages on here and it makes me feel so much better about my decision. Good luck to everyone. Take care.</p>

Hey Goldie~

I am going to be banded on Nov. 8th one day after you and I am nervous as well!!! But I am going to Mexico for the surgery and that makes me nervous but other then that I know in my heart it is time for change and I am SOOOOO ready for it! I wish u the best of luck!

ASH

Guess what.....I just got the phone call this morning and they scheduled me for NOVEMBER 7th!!!! How exciting! I have been all out of sorts since I found out. I was still under the thought that it would be in December, that was the last I heard at least.

Well needless to say I am exstatic about it and now I have to bust my butt to lose 10 lbs or so before then since I think I gained 5 being all stressed out the last 2 weeks.

Doing the HAPPY DANCE:whoo:

Well smilin we will be banded the same day...good luck with the 10 lbs .. you can do it! We all can do it. I am going in tomorrow for my swallow and x-ray and then off to see the shrink... things are rolling now.