Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

Ok... sooooooo apparently i am the only one getting this done in Nov! Insannitttttttty. Im very new to this... so if anyone could help me making my thing a lil prettier.. i'd appreciate that too. :help:

Hello Jrsyshoregirl,

I don't have a surgery date yet, but if all goes well I will be banded in November :D.

I just completed my psych visit. The next step is to meet with a surgeon and get a surgery date (I want November) and then the insurance approval process (which I am dreading, even though I meet ALL of their criteria).

Do you have a surgery date yet?

Margie

Its a lil diff for me .. we did the psych evaluation the first visit.. hes affiliated with the surgeon. So i have seen the surgeon plenty of times. No date as of yet, insurance still has to re-approve it. My sister is supposed to have the gastric bypass in Oct and my mom did the bypass 9 yrs ago, so i'm going a little bit of a diff route. I'm nervous yet excited!!:whoo:

Well, it's still not looking like a lot of people are planning on November yet :bored I'm sure the board will pick up soon.

Jrsyshoregrl - your sister is going to have the bypass. That should be interesting once she has her surgery and you have the lap-band to see what things are the same/different etc. Was your mom successful with her surgery?

I am the only one in my family to ever consider WLS. I have a friend who had the bypass a year ago November and he has lost over 100lbs.

Margie :bounce:

Yes it should be. We have the same doc and we were brought up once in this meeting. I really am interested in these boards. Im sick of talkin to my non-WLS friends. It's hard to explain. My mom lost a tonnnn of weight... but regained bout 40 lbs back... she looks amazing. This was when i was 15, so 8 yrs ago she had it done. My friend also got it done a year ago nov... and he lost 100lbs.. DAMN MEN ! lol...

:clap2:

Hi, I am getting banded in November at the Knox Private Hospital in Melbourne Australia. I am going for the physian appointment on Thursday to hopefully have the all clear. Do you know how to set up the weight counter on the bottom of each message?

Where are you getting yours done?

Kind regards

Carol,

Go to Trying To Conceive Ticker and select a weight loss ticker. You will need to create a password and put in your stats, etc. Once you configure your ticker, you will cut and paste the ticker info into your signature line.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to send me a message and I'll try to help.

Margie

I don't know why it comes as a "trying to conceive ticker" but it's www . tickerfactor . com I purposely spelled it out with spaces so you could see it.

Margie

Ahh..that's what I get for trying to type too fast.

TICKERFACTORY . COM B)

I go for my initial consultation on September 21st...I am really hoping to get things moving and be scheduled by November.

I know every place is different...but how long did all you tests take after your initial consult?

Hello Jowjow,

I started this process in July. At my hospital, you had to see the nurse and the doctor that runs the program on one day and have an EKG and bloodwork done. Then they would find out if you needed any add'l testing. I did not. I had to wait a month for my appt because I was travelling for work. Then I had the nutritionist visit and the psych visit. I am hoping tomorrow to get my date to see the surgeon. Once I see the surgeon, I will get a surgery date and they will submit my info to the insurance company.

Have you contacted your insurance company yet?

I'm hoping for a Nov surgery date.

Good luck with the process!

Margie

Hi all - As far as my Doctors' office is saying I should be scheduled for the beginning of November. I have been going through th program at my hospital for almost 1 year now. But I use Kaiser Insurance in California and they have a rigerous program to go through that includes psych appoint., nutritionist, head doctor, surgeon (at least 2x's), 4 - 6 "Lifestyle" classes (depending on how much "work" they feel you need before surgery), and a goal to lose a certain amount of weight before surgery. My original goal was to lose about 50-60 lbs before they would do my surgery, but then I asked for a follow up with my surgeon. When I went to see him a couple of weeks ago he saw that I have lost over 30 lbs and went ahead and put through my approval for sugery. The downfall was he is backed up 2-3 months for surgeries. That is why I am suppossed to be in November but will get confirmation of this around October 1st, which is when they open up November for scheduling. All this work and I never thought I would make it, but I have!!! He did mention to me it would be better to maintain if not lose another 10 lbs if possible before surgery. I will try!?!?

Well enough of my ranting - Hope you all are having a wonderful week and I look forward to getting to know all of you and supporting each other.

By the way if anyone has questions on how to do the tickers I can help. Just a hint when you do finish it and you go to copy the tickers code, use the "bb code" and only copy between the brackets not including them. Then you paste them in your signature area, where you complete your permanent signature. Then when you type response on the thread all you do is check the box "Show you Signature" ...Wait I think I am saying this right, I will double check.

It looks as if i will be joining you in november as i have just got my surgery date of november 9th...am very excited and feel like i have butterflies in my tummy thinking about it......maccy

Hi everyone! I should have my surgery date next week sometime but they said it will almost for sure be in November. I had a pre-surgical endoscopy yesterday, which he said came out fine. Between now and surgery, I have to see the dietician 3 more times, the exercise phyisiologist once, have blood work, and a letter of surgical clearance from my family dr. I am really excited to get this started....I have waited so long!