Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

Oh my gosh!!! You're so perky and sound so great!! That's so totally encouraging, Longhorn. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Any nausea at all? Did they give you that little behind-the-ear patch for the nausea? Wow... I am so encouraged to hear that you're doing so well. Thanks for hopping on line so soon to tell us.

We're all SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

The anesthesiologist told me ahead of time to let them know if I felt the slightest bit of nausea because it's easier to treat the earlier the treatment starts. So while I was in recovery after they wheeled me back from x-ray, I felt just a little twinge that I might have ignored if not for his words. So I told the nurse and she brought a plastic pan and they put some anti-nausea drugs in my IV. Well, the feeling passed without incident. They gave me the pan, too. :)

When I was almost home, I started to feel it again. I was at the end of my driveway so I told my daughter just to let me out and I would walk up to the house (about 100 yards.) She parked the car and came back to meet me but I was fine and, again, the feeling passed. I have the pan nearby just in case but that's been it so far.

Andie - I had the patch behind my ear. Before I went into surgery I told the nurse that I had a problem with nausea. They gave me some nausea medicine, put the patch behind my ear and gave me some zantac.

Good luck to you !!!

Longhorn!! How very cool is that that you let us know how it went so quickly! I so appreciate it because i'm going in on Monday myself. You are soooo encouraging to me and I thank you for it my fellow bandster. Take care and heal quickly... you are on your way to a happier you! Blessings, Dianne

Longhorn!! How very cool is that that you let us know how it went so quickly! I so appreciate it because i'm going in on Monday myself. You are soooo encouraging to me and I thank you for it my fellow bandster. Take care and heal quickly... you are on your way to a happier you! Blessings, Dianne

Thanks, DLW!

I was able to sleep in my bed last night, though I kicked my husband out. :) Actually, I thought he'd be more comfortable in the spare bedroom because I might be jostling the bed when turning or even end up in the recliner watching TV. However, I slept pretty well. I have a body pillow and I slept on my side with the pillow under my belly and between my knees. That seemed to help with the pain. I woke up several times but wasn't really uncomfortable until about 6 a.m. I got up and took more painkiller and now I'm feeling fine, though I'm back in the recliner with the heating pad. The gas pain seems to be mostly gone from my shoulder but my port area is aching the most.

I took the bandage off of my hand where the IV was and there's barely a spot! I expected a bruise. I haven't looked at my incisions yet but none of them hurt. I had a low-grade fever -- about 99.7 -- and my upper abdomen was sort of swollen and tight. I took some more Gas-X and that seemed to help. It's all better this morning.

I'm still feeling better than I expected! Thanks for caring! I know how excited you are to get this show on the road! ;)

You had same day surgery then? I go in Monday and stay until Wednesday. Guess I should be pretty good by then huh? The rest will do me good I guess. It's only me and my husband at home anyway, but being waited on in the hospital sounds good too. :-) I see that we are almost the same age. That's encouraging to me too. I was afraid that I might be getting to old to start something like this. I'm looking forward to it now. What did you get for food for the next month? My doc wants me on Clear Liquids for a month - with the exception of milk. He did also tell me that I could have the yogurt too though, without the fruit of course. I didn't care about the fruit. I was really happy to know that I could have something of substance! How cool is that? Yay!! So, what can you have? Are you hungry? Starving? Or don't even have much hunger? Thanks Longhorn for your imput. Blessings to you, Dianne

Andie - I had the patch behind my ear. Before I went into surgery I told the nurse that I had a problem with nausea. They gave me some nausea medicine, put the patch behind my ear and gave me some zantac.

Good luck to you !!!

Thanks Nessa3678. I hope your recovery goes smoothly. I'll be sending you really good healing thoughts!! :) I'm getting so excited now. Listening to your and Longhorn's stories makes me even more confidant about my decision to do this.

The stories do help allot when it's getting closer and closer for all of us. The month has just begun - many will be banded and having great things to say. Good luck to everyone!

Andi, 4 days after me! Hopefully, I'll be able to get online at home after to give everyone an update too! Getting excited!! Whoo hooo! Dianne

Yes, I was home the same day. I've never rested well in the hospital. My daughter was here with me yesterday until my husband got home but I kind of wanted a reason to get up since I've read that walking as much as possible can help with the gas pains.

I've stocked up on chicken broth, SF Jello, SF Popcycles, and Propel. I also have chicken-flavored and unflavored Unjury Protein Powder. It dissolves well into liquids. That's how I'm getting my Protein.

My doctor said I could have SF Carnation Instant Breakfast made with milk, too. I'll probably wait a little till I add that.

I'm sure you'll be glad to be in the hospital. Will you be in the same town or are you traveling?

Today I am feeling pretty good! I woke up this morning in some pain and took my pain medicine. I then started drinking my fluids. I am having some sharp pains in my lower left side (i've been told it's gas). I've been walking a lot and hoping the Gas X works. I took my gauze off earlier and took a shower. Three of my Five insicions are bleeding so I have to change the gauze on them 2 times a day. I am very surprised at how well I am feeling. My husband has been taking great care of me!

I'll just be about 30 miles from home. I live near Ithaca, NY - the hospital I'm going to is in Elmira, NY. Dr. Taesun Moon.

I'll need to pick up those supplies this weekend. Do you feel like having them or are you not hungry? Dianne

Dianne - I haven't been hungry at all. I am mostly thristy. My mouth and throat have been really dry. Make sure you get some sugarfree popcicles because they help the sore throat. I was given abut 10 1oz medicine cups at the hospital and told to drink 4-6 cups every hour. I have surgar free Jello, popcicles, chicken broth, special k portein Water and of course crushed ice is really good. I also have one of those breathing things and have to take 10 deep breath on it every 2 hours. This causes me to cough which hurts a little but if you hold a pillow on your tummy while coughing it seems to help some.

You guys are all so awesome! Thanks for being so open and forthcoming with everything! It helps me so much to know what you're experiencing, good and bad. My best friend is the one that found this forum for me. Everyone give Hayley a big shout out and thanks for doing that. :-) Did I mention that she's having a limousine drive me to my surgery next Friday? She's so awesome!! My best friend for 28 years. So now, from all of the information about what I need for the hospital and after, I'm going to start my lists. Thanks EVERYONE!!!! Keep the info and updates coming!

I wonder if I should just pick up a can of powdered whey Protein - chocolate or not. I'm not sure if I'll like it and what would I mix it with? The SF carnation instant breakfast or just in the milk? I don't want to waste like $20 on something I'm going to hate. Guess it will be just trial and error. Thanks for replying Nessa. I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone this month! Dianne

So, I went to my meeting with the anesthesiologist today. It was crazy! I was in the surgery center (for the first time in my life) and everything totally became real for me. I was nervous as heck sitting in there, and when the doctor asked me how I was feeling, I said, "Well, I'm nervous and scared because I know this is a very serious deal, but it calms me to know that a) I am secure and comfortable with my decision and ;) you all are professionals and will take good care of me." Based on Longhorn's experience, I'm thinking things will go just fine!

Longhorn, at which hospital was your surgery? I'm at St. David's and they seem really great so far.

So, I'm officially ready. After today, I have just 5 days to get through until the big day. The weekend should go by fast (don't they always?) and then 3 work-days, which I'm sure will be torturous. My surgery is at 5:30 am; I'm excited to be first thing in the morning, but feel bad for my mom and my man! They have to wake up so early just to be my support staff! "Oh, goodie. Let's wake up at 4:30 in the morning so we can go sit in a hospital waiting room all day! Awesome!"

Have I mentioned I HATE this low carb diet???? It just seems to be sooooooo wrong for me to eat a double meat, double cheese burger with extra lettuce, onion, and Tomato, and no bun. I just don't understand how that can be a DIET!!!!!!!