Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

7 days to go!!! I am getting really excited. A lot my friends and family are still suprised that I am doing this but they are very supportive.

Hey aa8ua and Cota129 - I am on the same day as both of you!!! I go to see my surgeon for a final checkup on November 1st and also to meet the anestesioligist (sorry for the misspelling). I am so excited but a little nervous too because if I gain weight at my Nov 1st appt they will cancel surgery. I went to my PCP today for something else and I gained 5 lbs and now I am getting close to my monthly cycle....which means Water gain possibly. So I have to try and lose that 5 lbs by next week...:help:

I hope I can do it!!??

Coming soon Nessa!! Mine is Nov. 5th!! I'm excited about it too. Here we go......... yipee!!!!!!!!

I will be having my surgery on 11/2/07!!! I can't wait, 7 days and counting...

My mind is racing thinking of everything I need to do before Nov. 5th. Yesturday I bought a new blender. It is a combination food processor and blender. Then I got all my supplies and Soups etc for my liquid diet. I don't technically need to start my liquid diet until Monday, but I've been trying to do liquids for Breakfast and lunch and then eat a sensible supper. Next week it will be full liquids. Monday I also have to go to the hospital for my pre surgery testing. Anyone have any idea how long that will take?

Good luck to all November bandsters!! It will be here before we know it!:clap2:

My mind is racing thinking of everything I need to do before Nov. 5th. Yesturday I bought a new blender. It is a combination food processor and blender. Then I got all my supplies and Soups etc for my liquid diet. I don't technically need to start my liquid diet until Monday, but I've been trying to do liquids for breakfast and lunch and then eat a sensible supper. Next week it will be full liquids. Monday I also have to go to the hospital for my pre surgery testing. Anyone have any idea how long that will take?

Good luck to all November bandsters!! It will be here before we know it!:clap2:

I just got back from my pre-op testing but I was able to get it done in my GP's office. The appointment was at 9:15 and I was done by 11:15. I had an EKG, Pulminary Function Test, Chest X-Ray, and blood drawn for tests to be done at the lab. Including the visit, it cost $515, which they told me was much less than it would have been at the hospital (I'm self-pay.)

I go to the hospital Monday for pre-op paperwork and to my surgeon on Tuesday for his pre-op examination. Then surgery on Thursday at 7 a.m.!

It is getting very close! :whoo:

April - Why would they cancel surgery if you gained weight?

Pam - I'm on nov 2 as well and am about the same weight as you - 220 right now. I'm going for the 150's.

Getting nervous here, one week to go!

Linda

April - The nurse at my doctors office said that she has seen some doctors weigh right before surgery and if the patient had gained they would cancel surgery. My doctor isn't like that, Thank God! Good luck to you on your 5 lb weight loss by next week!

wnt2lose - I know how you are feeling! I have to do all my shopping this weekend. I have a whole list of things needed. I also have to go and buy a new blender. I am going to buy the magic bullet. I've heard a bunch of people on here talk good about it.

April - Why would they cancel surgery if you gained weight?

Getting nervous here, one week to go!

Linda

April - The nurse at my doctors office said that she has seen some doctors weigh right before surgery and if the patient had gained they would cancel surgery. My doctor isn't like that, Thank God! Good luck to you on your 5 lb weight loss by next week!

I had to lose some weight before surgery since mine is covered by my insurance 100%. I lost about 35lbs, then last week gained 5lbs. They will cancel for weight gain, not sure exactly why but since I am not self-pay I can't argue. To top it all off I am due to start my monthly cycle next week so I am praying not to have Water gain on top of it. I am thinking about taking some Diuretics until then just to be safe. Any other suggesstions for quick weight loss for the 5lbs + the possible water gain???? :cry

Congrats!!! Your surgery is almost here!!!!:clap2:

My doctor requires everyone to lose 15 pounds before she'll even schedule their surgery. And you have to keep it off. She says that if we gain even one pound, she will not perform the surgery. I'm scared about my pre-op appt on Monday, it's right right about the time of my monthly cycle. So, it's Protein Shakes for me tomorrow and Sunday. I'm down 19, so I do have a cushion, but I'm not taking any chances.

The weight loss is important because it shrinks your liver, and makes it much easier for the doctor to access the stomach with the laproscopic tools (whatever they're called).