Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

April and the gang-

I have gained 6 pounds since my last doctor visit. I hope to lose that plus a little because the psychologist that I was required to see to be considered for surgery said they may not do the surgery if I gained it all back(I lost 10 pounds on the insurance required supervised diet). It is hard because I want to eat for all of the obvious reasons. I am having some good days and bad now with regard to diet. I may do a self imposed liquid diet a few days ahead just to be sure. My family is having a pre-thanksgiving turkey dinner with me 4 days before the surgery. A "last meal" sort of. Well, with normal amounts I mean. I will try to hang in there with the diet. Looks like I am in good company. The doctor never said anything about gaining so hopefully a couple of pounds will slide. 10 days to go!

I did my shopping today for all the liquids I will need for the next 2-3 weeks. Have any of you tried the Special K Protein Water? I picked up a few today and just got finished drinking one. It's not to bad and it has 5 grams of protein and 50 calories. I think they were $1.50 each at Wal-Mart. Have any of you begun shopping for the liquid phase? I got chicken and veggie broth, sugar free Jello and pudding, light cranberry juice, protein water and Protein Powder. Can anyone think for anything else I may want to buy for this phase?

I got broth, SF Jello (to be made so I can add powdered egg whites for extra Protein, ) Propel, Diet Snapple, liquid Tylenol, and Gas-X strips. I can't have fruit juice until I get to soft foods as my doctor thinks the acid causes too much irritation. I've also ordered Unjury to add to the broth. I have to be on this clear liquid diet for two weeks!

I got broth, SF Jello (to be made so I can add powdered egg whites for extra Protein, ) Propel, Diet Snapple, liquid Tylenol, and Gas-X strips. I can't have fruit juice until I get to soft foods as my doctor thinks the acid causes too much irritation. I've also ordered Unjury to add to the broth. I have to be on this clear liquid diet for two weeks!

I just looked at your ticker and it says 4 days to go. I can't beleive we are almost there! What is Prople and unjury? When I went to my training meeting they gave me a small list of foods and a chart that shows what I can try at what phase. I wont be meeting with the nutrionist until about a week after surgery.

Propel is a fitness Water made by Gatorade. You can get it a version with Calcium, too. It only has 20 calories per bottle and also has Vitamins. It's on my doctor's list of liquids I can have.

I haven't tried Unjury but several on this board have recommended it. I got mine at Welcome to the UNJURY Homepage. I can't speak from experience yet because my order hasn't arrived yet. But others say it dissolves easily and the unflavored truly has no flavor. They liked the flavors, too.

I hope I like it because I ordered a lot! ;)

So, I have a question for anyone who can answer. How many gramns of Protein are you supposed to have in one day? I guess this is something I sould have asked my doctor but it just slipped my mind. I'm just trying to figure out what is to less and what is to much.

Hi there! I just joined and I am being banded on Nov 7! I am extremely nervous because I made the decision to get this done while I am going to school because I was told that my recovery time was going to be anywhere from 1day to a week till I felt completely normal and after reading many posts a lot of people are still not feeling well and it's been weeks since they were banded. I am hoping my age and my physical fitness will help me a little in the recovery time. For the last 6 months I have been working out at the gym 3 days a week for at least half an hour. I am due to return to school only 4days after I am banded and hope I will be okay because I have a presentation project that week I am supposed to return!! I wish I had waited to schedule now!!

When will you be banded?

What have they told you about recovery?

Hi there! I just joined and I am being banded on Nov 7! I am extremely nervous because I made the decision to get this done while I am going to school because I was told that my recovery time was going to be anywhere from 1day to a week till I felt completely normal and after reading many posts a lot of people are still not feeling well and it's been weeks since they were banded. I am hoping my age and my physical fitness will help me a little in the recovery time. For the last 6 months I have been working out at the gym 3 days a week for at least half an hour. I am due to return to school only 4days after I am banded and hope I will be okay because I have a presentation project that week I am supposed to return!! I wish I had waited to schedule now!!

When will you be banded?

What have they told you about recovery?

I talked to three doctor's offices while I was researching and every one of them said that I should be fine having surgery on Thursday and return to work Tuesday. I teach at a community college so I had to cancel classes on two days.

I realize we won't know until we are there ourselves but I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Good luck!

I'm being banded in November,Nov 5th!

I suffer from Panic attacks and I'm more afraid for the anxiety than for the operation. I don't want to come in fainting.....

My DH will be waiting all by himself...

I have many family members that have had it done and they are so happy...

Longhorn,

I'm taking 9 days off my teaching job. I will work at the computer from home. I do translations. If I don't work or do something productive... I'll get depressed. I went to the grocery store to check out all the yogurts,puddings,drinks etc. I'm so excited.

Longhorn,

I'm taking 9 days off my teaching job. I will work at the computer from home. I do translations. If I don't work or do something productive... I'll get depressed. I went to the grocery store to check out all the yogurts,puddings,drinks etc. I'm so excited.

I wish I could take that long! I could have waited until between semesters but I'm not a patient person! ;)

Friday's my day!!! I can't believe this whole Protein shake liquid diet crap is almost over!! I didn't think I'd make it. My parents are coming down for 2 weeks to help and to play with my son, thank God, since I can't pick up 20 pounds for two weeks and he's 38 pounds!

Jelbel, I can totally relate to your panic attacks. What kind of translations do you do? I used to work at home doing court transcriptions. I really liked working from home. Now I'm still working from home but without pay - a SAHM. :) Well today was more of a ;) but anyway ... I'm sure I have it in my materials somewhere but the 60 grams of protein/day, is that for after surgery as well?

Linda

Hi everybody!! I have my pre-op visit tomorrow, then over to see my surgeon. I'm being banded on the 5th too!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time too. I also had that Protein question. I'll ask my doc tomorrow to see what he says also. Nervous, nervous, nervouse, excited, excited, excited. What a ride huh?

I bought one of those "Magic Bullet" blenders to make the upcoming smoothies with. I think it will come in real handy with the blended foods stage. I'm looking forward to making fresh homemade creamy Soups. It has a small cup blender too so I won't be overdoing it, hopefully. Guess we'll all find out what that means, huh? Over doing it? Congrats to everyone and hope to talk much more as time goes by! Blessings, Dianne