Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No one in Nov?

For the pre-op, I am supposed to get 106 grams of Protein a day and no more than 50 carbs. I get most of it from the Protein Shakes. I can also have Soup. The doc recommended Trader Joe Soups, but I have discovered that Healthy choice soups have more protein and less carbs. It's my 3rd day of all liquid. I am ready to eat my arm off!

Okay, now I'm excited. I just returned from my pre-op class, and met the other ladies in my "class." Several of us are having the surgery on the same day. I made the second big cash payment ($20,000 total). It seems real now. I was afraid I'd have put on a pound or two today due to the time of month, but it turns out I've lost 22 pounds altogether in just over a month. I wonder how much I'll lose when I switch over to the all liquid diet for the first two weeks. Well, I won't go on and on, but I'm just happy.

Lindsayann, I went to preop at my hospital today, too. It wasn't a class but just the paperwork but I also made my financial arrangements and that does give you a sense of finality!

My doctor and nutritionist said I would lose most of my weight in the first five months that I am on the Clear Liquids, full liquids, and soft food stage. I know it won't be easy but I don't get bored with food too easily. When I find something I like, I can have it every day. :(

Good luck Friday!

I too suffer from panic attacks. I went to my favorite health food store (not a GNC or Vitamin WORLD kinda place) and asked them what they would recommend. There is a capsule (that can be opened easily and put in a drink) called HAPPY CAMPER and there was also some liquid in a small bottle with a dropper called KAVA KAVA. Actually the HAPPY CAMPER has KAVA KAVA in it. It calms you down. I haven't tried any yet but I know will want to when I go for my first fill. I would just suggest you ask your local health food store about it.

Bobbi Rose:

Are you getting excited? What do you have left to do before Thursday?

I think I've bought everything I need -- now I just need to gather it in one place so everything is easy to find.

My surgery is at 7 a.m. How about yours?

I know what you guys are talking about. My insurance is covering my lap band but only as out of network. I have to pay my doctor $2000.00 and 10% of the hospital fees. I am not sure what the hospital fees will wind up being but tomorrow is my pre op appointment with my doctor and i will have to pay the remainder of the money, $1500.00 to be exact. I think that is when it's really going to set in that in 2 days I will be banded!!!!

I have just started second guessing this but won't dare tell any of my family or friends. I know it's normal to second guess but I just can't stop thinking about being a failer at it. I am determined to do everything in my power not to be but I know in some cases it just doesn't work out. I sure hope and pray that I am not one of them.

DLW,

I'm having it done on the 5th too! Are you nervous? I'm a little than a lot,then I get butterflies in my stomach.

hey I'm going Nov 8 also. maybe i will see you. I know what you are feeling I'm scared too.

Ok... sooooooo apparently i am the only one getting this done in Nov! Insannitttttttty. Im very new to this... so if anyone could help me making my thing a lil prettier.. i'd appreciate that too. :help:

Hey Maria!!!! Soooo happy for you!!! Its great to see you become proactive about your health and happiness. The liquid diet and breathing in cleaner air will pay off shortly!! This time next year--- YAHOO!!!!

Love you!:D

Hi Everyone! Well, I'm going in on 11/9/07 for my surgery. I'm really excited, but I'm also scared. They put the fear of GOD into you about blood clots, so that part of it has me all nervous. I told my husband that I had to give myself Heparin injections every 8 hours for 2 weeks... I thought he was going to pass out at the thought. LOL! Guess he won't be helping with those. No worries. I'm tough. I can do it. It's so great to have other people to talk through who have either gone through this or are getting ready to like me. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!! By the way, I'm having "Ticker Woes" too. I've got it all created on Ticker Factory, but now I don't know how to upload it. :-( Help!:faint: