Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning. I'm glad are going ok.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hanging out here in hospital, being released tomorrow. Not thinking about food at all, just want to swim in a vat of gatorade!

Passed the test. The radiologist showed me a still from the flouroscopy. My actual stomach is now tiny. Waiting on orders so I can start drinking.

Sent from the BariatricPal App

I had mine Sept. 30th...but I can pretend I'm an October buddy

Sent from my VS987 using the BariatricPal App

Me too September 30th. I wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about. When I turn on my left side to sleep. (How I used to always sleep) it feels like I can't breathe. Both sides of my chest feel constricted and I have to turn on my back FAST. Anyone know what's going on? 6 days post-op sleeve.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I feel the same way!! I think it's just tightness. Swelling still going down. I had a hernia repaired there too so I feel ya. My left breast is my issue. Got a port on my chest above the breast, but the tube hoes under the breast....I'm talking red hot poker stabbing pain up through my nipple...it's bad haha

Omg you're right. I totally forgot that I had a hiatal hernia repair as well. That's exactly where it is. In between my breasts I can press on where the pain and tightness feels and now that you reminded me...That's exactly where the hernia probably was. Haha okay good!

See I didn't need to call my doc. Just support from like minded people going through the same thing!

Thanks!!

I just got on the scale for the first time and I think I'm down 30 lbs since 2 week pre-op

Not brave enough yet to try to sleep on my side still lying on my back. Hope it gets better for you.

I had mine Sept. 30th...but I can pretend I'm an October buddy

Me too September 30th. I wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about. When I turn on my left side to sleep. (How I used to always sleep) it feels like I can't breathe. Both sides of my chest feel constricted and I have to turn on my back FAST. Anyone know what's going on? 6 days post-op sleeve.

I feel the same way!! I think it's just tightness. Swelling still going down. I had a hernia repaired there too so I feel ya. My left breast is my issue. Got a port on my chest above the breast, but the tube hoes under the breast....I'm talking red hot poker stabbing pain up through my nipple...it's bad haha

Omg you're right. I totally forgot that I had a hiatal hernia repair as well. That's exactly where it is. In between my breasts I can press on where the pain and tightness feels and now that you reminded me...That's exactly where the hernia probably was. Haha okay good!

See I didn't need to call my doc. Just support from like minded people going through the same thing!

Thanks!!

I just got on the scale for the first time and I think I'm down 30 lbs since 2 week pre-op

That's what's up! Keep rocking it out!

Finally cleared to start drinking. 2 ounces of Water every 15 min. Working my incentive spirometer, too. I will try the Liqua Cel next hour.

Took the big walk, all over the three nursing stations. The LiquaCel wasn't terrible.

3 days post op and feel fine. Just got back from grocery shopping. I'm finding warm liquids go down better so warming my Water so I can get that in. I have sinusitis so that is making me miserable, without that I'd probably be feeling good. I slept for almost 11 hrs last night and been answering work emails all day. I'm looking forward to being able to sleep on my stomach and getting the staples out. My son thinks my frankenstomach is cool though

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

post-300502-14758559119858_thumb.jpg

My frankenstomach

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Since I was up and walking and tolerating fluids I was cleared to come home last night.

I've been conservative on intake but got ambitious with walking. I did 30 minutes all at once around several blocks from my house and back. Re-awakened a lot of soreness.

Keep it calm and steady.

Chew-able Vitamins are HUGE! Took those slow.

Ordinary meds in Oikos Triple Zero need to be stirred in to hide the foul flaovr after they are crushed or opened.

It's all learning.

That makes me feel so relieved that she feel so good just 3 days post-op. My surgery is October 18 and I'm getting nervous. I've been doing the liquid diet since Tuesday ad I'm actually doing so much better than I thought I would. Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Maddie