Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Hello everyone, I'm like some of you. I can eat anything. I have had 2 fills and no restriction whatsoever. I try to watch what I eat, but sometimes I mess up BAD:eek:. Then I repent for that day and start over again. I think that the dr thought I was doing good because when I went back for the 2nd fill, he asked if I wanted a fill----DUH !!!! was he kidding (I had lost 6 lbs.) but that was because I've been walking myself to death and TRYING hard not the eat a whale with super fries.lol

I thought I was the only one having those mood swings, gosh, my DH is about to commit me. LOL:faint:and what's up with the thighs leaving me. I see the "apron" stayed. Well, other than that life is great. LOL

Love my band!!!!!!!!!

Gloria

Well, this band does funny things to my head... have only lost 20lbs which disappoints me immensley!, but then again, am sooooo happy to have gone down 2 pant sizes! such a huge amount of mind games I seem to be playing with my self. happy but not happy...lol oh well. have had my second fill on the 27th of Nov, have no restriction to how much I can eat, have had a few PB's, but never with the same food... once again a head game... i eat anything i want still, when does it start really restricting? i know there is no general answer but its nice to vent frustrations to people who go thru the same things that no one around me would understand... thanks for listening fellow bandsters. :confused:

mckelmer -

I am in the exact same boat as you. I have only lost 20 pounds and I was banded on the 22nd. Isn't it frustrating! But then I think that I should not complain because I have lost 20 pounds that I was never able to keep off. I go for my second fill in a couple weeks, so hopefully that will help. At this point I have no restriction and eat whatever I want, I just get full a little faster than normal. Keep us posted on your next fill. I am anxious to hear.

Good luck!

Hello All,

I think the change in weather also effects your mood and eating. It has been rough these last few days but I beleive it will get better. I go for my second fill on 11/12. I am going to have to work next week to not gain weight. Right now, I can eat any and everything. I have found myself sneaking Cookies and halloween candy from my kids (ugh!). I am still working out every other day and I am going to try to do more next week. I am thankful for this band! I know that this is going to work. I have lost 32 lbs since surgery (8/30). As someone reminded me that's about 4lbs a week. My Dr. told me I should lose about 2 lbs a week so right now I am ahead of the game. I have to remind myself of that so I won't be down on myself! We are on the move in the right direction! My goal is 275 by thanksgiving. I have 3 weeks to lose 7lbs. Say it with me now..."I think I can...I think I can....I think I can...I know I can...I can" Before long We will be saying I did it!

Good luck all! Thanks for the encouragement!:clap2:

"Nine 1/2 Weeks" since surgery.

I've lost 30 lbs in 90 days (22 lbs since surgery). I only had one week of liquids after surgery, so my weight loss hasn't been as dramatic as some, but I'm still averaging -2.3 lbs per week.

I'm weighing/journaling every molecule that goes in my mouth. I even count the calories in my one-a-day. I'm staying between 1,000-1,100 calories a day, but I'm very active--this may need to increase. My WORST day since surgery was 1,500 calories (wine was involved). Pre-band, it would have been over 3,000.

Best of all, I went to lunch with friends yesterday. I ordered a chicken caesar salad, ate about 3/4 cup and finished pretty quickly. My friends said it looked like a rabbit had nibbled at the edges of my salad. I tried to explain that I can eat more but that I just wasn't hungry. They think I'm suffering, but putting on a brave face. Yeah--like I've ever missed a meal!

I took the leftovers home for dinner and still couldn't finish my salad...

Hi ladies, don't get down for "only" losing 20lbs, remember what it was like before the band, losing 20lbs would have taken me 6 months!! and that's if I didn't fall off the wagon 2 or 3 hundred times! You are doing a great job!! I have lost 22lbs myself and I cant wait for 22 more!! I just got my 2nd fill on thursday and I can feel the restriction for the first time and I also got to experience my first PB this weekend :(

Keep up the good work and don't get down on yourself, we might be slow losers, but at least we are losers!!

I've also been at a standstill, now for six weeks been seeing the same three pounds over and over again. So decided to follow lapband post op instructions and got the old measuring tape out. Seventeen and a half inches are gone of my body measurements, woo hoo!

Yesterday, I walked my dog! He is half husky and half wolf. Those who know what malemutes/huskys are like, understand how they love to pull. It was a real upper body work out along with the walk. (Last August, before I got banded I couldn't even go for a one hour walk behind a shopping cart.)

I am down 27 pounds from my most-morbidly-obeseness. If I hadn't had the band, I'de still be in the gaining cycle. Am counting my blessings.

weight.png

I am truly happy with my results.

I have a rule that if I dont eat perfect I have to walk anyway!

I walk 5-6 miles a day no matter what!

I think I'm addicted to it!

It was so cold yesterday I had to wear hat and gloves while walking.

I am almost 40 pounds down and I can't wait to be under 200 pounds!

How long does it take you to walk 5-6 miles a day?

I've only been doing about 2 miles and now that the weather is changing and it's dark so early - I haven't been walking at all :cry

Hey guys I have had two fills, and think I am at my sweet spot, for now. I have lost 16 pounds since my last fill on Oct. 10. That brings the grand total since the beginning of this whole thing (May 10, 2007) to 76 pounds. I think that is about 40 or so pounds since banding on 8/7/07. Hope you all are having success also.

Jim

I think I'm the only on here who hasn't lost anything. Well maybe 3 or 4 lbs. What's the problem here? I have a 1.8cc fill. Do I need more? How much do ya'll have? Yes, I have had too much junk BUT even when I'm eating healthy I can still eat anything and WAY to much of it.

I have a total of 4cc's in an AP small, and it seems to be working for me. My doc did tell me that it seems easier to get a man dialed in, than a woman. He also said that once a man gets to his sweet spot, he seems to stay there longer than a woman. He didn't say he just said that has been his experience and he has done hundreds, and I don't even know how many the entire surgical group has done. Just thought I would add my $0.02.

Jim

Jim

I got my second fill which was way overdue yesterday. They added 1.75 to my 1.5 for a 3.25 in a 4. I hope this helps. I haven't lost anything, I could eat anything Iwanted. Hopefully, that all changes now!