Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Way to go prinsesst. I was banded a week after you and scheduled my 2nd fill for 11/13. So far, no restriction, but I can live with that. Maybe this time.......

Congrats Dave! WHHHHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO :omg:69 lbs that is wonderful!! Keep up the good work and please keep me posted!!

Princesst:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wow Guys,

I'm liking this inspiration! Your weight loses are amazing! I had surgery8/31 and have lost 32 lbs (although I haven't weighed myself this week because I have had a rough one) I have had 1 fill a couple of weeks ago 1.5 cc in a 10 cc band. I go for another fill on 11/12. I am not going toweigh myself until Saturday or Sunday so I can right the wrongs I have done this past weekend. Wish me luck guys, I know its emotional eating. I am felingblue and need to snap out of it. I'm glad to have your good testamonies to inspire me.

Val

Valstar, your loss so far is fantastic. Don't let a little emotional eating get you down. You're doing great and you'll get right back on your program. Even skinny people over do it sometimes.

Omg, since last Wednesday, I've lost around 7kgs. I was 147kgs, then yesterday I was 140kgs, today I'm 141kgs... but wow. o_o Talk about falling off a cliff...

And I'm wearing clothes from when I was 14! My warm jackets fit again! (Too bad it's summer. Heh.) And I can almost fit into my boardie shorts. O_O

Has anyone else noticed that soem areas of the body are loosing it faster than others? My legs are slimming down much faster than the torso, but maybe that's because they get all that exercise carrying the torso around.

Yes - my legs have slimmed down quite a bit and I'm losing my boobs at an alarming rate - lol! I think the legs have to do with all the walking I've been doing. I'm trying to ignore that fact that it's time to start a "real" workout. Specially with weights for my arms.

My stomach doesn't seem like it's changing that much :cry

Today is a big day for me!! I've lost 50lbs!!!!!!!! :whoo:

(It's crazy how fast my emotions change lately. I was depressed at the beginning of the week to have gained weight on my vacation and now today, I am celebrating a new milestone!!)

Today is a big day for me!! I've lost 50lbs!!!!!!!! :whoo: /quote]

Wow, thats great. I cant wait to see what the November challenge does for us all. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wow Lawanda - sorry you're so uncomfortable. Have you tried a warm drink to see if it loosens things up a bit? Maybe trying some liquids would get some nutrition in you until things settle down. If it keeps up, I'd call your doc and see what they suggest. Did you have a fill recently?

Hang in there!

I have noticed that I am losing in places that I never lost in before. The first time I was on Atkins I lost a lot of weight (down to 185) I just seemed to lose a little bit everywhere, but when I gained it back I gained it all back in my upper torso area. Now that I am losing again that is where I am noticing it most. Also in my thighs!! Huge NSV: Today I was lecturing to my students and noticed that I could completely cross my legs like a proper lady. So while they looked like they were ready to die from boredom, I was super excited because for the first time since I could remember, I could actually cross my legs and not look like a man!!! Now if I could just get rid of this pesky double chin. I really only need one!

Well, I've had a bad week also.................I've not had eaten issues like this since before being banded. And no, I've not had any restriction with my 1st fill of 2 cc's on 10/12. I can eat anything and if I see something, I want it and I eat it. I haven't weighed since Sunday out of fear and I've not logged my food diary since last Friday nor have I prepared my meals ahead of time.......not good.........I know, I'll get it together............tomorrow's another day......I'm still doing better since before the surgery when I was over 300 lbs. And just think,

I'd finally started losing again eating next to nothing and then I blew it. The good news is at least I've never stopped exercising...........walking everyday 2 miles and resistance training every other day. I have an appt next week but he won't schedule another fill until after my appt. I have got to get my act back together by Monday.........my goal was to lose 40 lbs by Thanksgiving................whew, whow, whoa and what????? I'm just venting and doing my August update. Thanks for listening!

Everyone is such an inspiration to me!! I hope I can pick up on your motivation and get going now. I can eat anything at all but not as much as I used to. I have no control right now and have stopped losing completely. I need to get back on the "Band Wagon".

LadyBug,

We have about the same amount of weight to lose to get to one-derland. I know we can do it. I am really going to ratchet up the exercise the next few weeks, becuase the next time I am eating turkey and stuffing, I WILL BE a one-der! We can do this. Good luck and people really are inspiring around here.

Candle - nice job on the 50 pounds. I am ALMOST there. 6.5 pounds to go 6.500000000001 to onederland!

LadyBug,

We have about the same amount of weight to lose to get to one-derland. I know we can do it. I am really going to ratchet up the exercise the next few weeks, becuase the next time I am eating turkey and stuffing, I WILL BE a one-der! We can do this. Good luck and people really are inspiring around here.

Candle - nice job on the 50 pounds. I am ALMOST there. 6.5 pounds to go 6.500000000001 to onederland!

Thanks Salsa!! I appreciate your support. I want to be down at least 10 lbs by my fill on Nov 29th. You're right...let's spend Turkey Day in one-der-land!!

walking everyday 2 miles and resistance training every other day.

Wow Rumar this is a great routine....don't beat up on yourself...what you do now is my goal. Muscle weights alot don't forget too! It's a beautiful day I'm going for a walk! Thanks for the inspiration!