Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Well, I broke even this week, but I'm completely okay with that. It's the first time I haven't lost since preop and it's gone really well so far. I didn't really hold back much and just stopped when I got full (or a little overfull), and tasted whatever I wanted to.

So, I'm back in the saddle again this morning and shooting for a good loss for the week.

I tried half a caterpillar roll this morning (sushi), so I'm waiting to see how the rice does with the band. I feel REALLY full, but it's okay so far.

I set a goal of getting into the 220's for Xmas and I have 7 lbs to go - that shouldn't be hard at all!

I'm right there with you guys ... almost the same weight and trying for 225 by X-Mas.

We can do it!! We're kickin' ass so far!! If you'd told me back in August I would be where I am already ... I would have never believed you!

I have no restriction yet, so I've really been thinking a lot about if the band is actually helping me or not. It's got to be in some way, even if it's just mental. I've never stuck to a "diet" for this long or lost this much.

:whoo:

mckelmer -

I am in the exact same boat as you. I have only lost 20 pounds and I was banded on the 22nd. Isn't it frustrating! But then I think that I should not complain because I have lost 20 pounds that I was never able to keep off. I go for my second fill in a couple weeks, so hopefully that will help. At this point I have no restriction and eat whatever I want, I just get full a little faster than normal. Keep us posted on your next fill. I am anxious to hear.

Good luck!

Hi Melissa, well just had my 3rd fill last week and HOLY COW, the restriction is huge... have tons of PB's, but im actually starting to fiqure out when to stop for awhile then I can finish my meal (very small meal). This is the sort of restriction I was hoping for, is taking some time tho to tell my mouth to stop or ELSE! lol... so im hoping this will all mean something on the scale next week when I weigh in. Just makes me feel alot better and am thinking that I should have no problem loosing again. Whats new with you?

Things are much better since my second fill. I have major restriction almost so much that I think I may have too much. I got my second fill about a week and a half ago and I have had a hard time keeping things down. Lots of chest pains and throwing up, but I think in the last few days I have started to recognize the signs and am doing much better. On the up side, I have lost about 5 pounds since my fill, so at least the scale is moving again.

weight.png

Hi everyone,

I go for my first fill tomorrow. I can't wait!! I am so hoping for restriction. If not I need to still get my head together and do this.

I am attending my first support group meeting tonight. Should have been there the 2nd week or so. Oh well....time to get on the "band" wagon!!

Wish me luck!!:clap2::whoo::clap2::whoo:

Good luck LadyBugRed.

I haven't been to any of my surgeon's hosted Support Groups either. Every month I come up with an excuse to not go ... :phanvan

I went for my first fill today!! I am so excited. What a weird feeling. I have good restriction right now but I know that could disappear soon. I hope it stays!!:whoo::whoo:

LadyBug- Yeah for the fill. I really think that this will help you so that you are not so discouraged. I know that I didn't think that I had a whole lot of restriction with my fill, but now that I am unfilled, I can tell that I can eat a lot more than I did before. It is really taking some major will power right now. On of the things that I did when I first got my fill was that I told myself that I had good restriction and that i was going to be full very quickly. I went in with the attitude that my first fill was going to be all that I needed, and I found that it worked for me. I don't know that it would work for everyone, but it helped me prepare mentally. In fact, I have convinced myself that I can't eat popcorn (haven't even tried it) or rice (tried it once and a few days later had problems) so I just don't eat them. I have had problems with milk, so I have convinced myself that I can't eat chocolate or hot chocolate. For me if it is cut and dry and I just CAN'T have something, I don't seem to have as big of a problem avoiding it. Even if it means never having ice cream again.

Good luck and keep us posted on how the fill is working

Candle, Pizzi and Badonkadonk - cruizin' for the 220's, baby!!!

Thanks for the good wishes and GREAT advice!! It is 12:30PM and I am not really hungry at all. I brought some pureed homemade turkey Soup to work because I will try eating solids at home first. I had 1/4 cup of egg beaters this morning and I was full!! I feel restricted and love it.:)

I am doing exactly what Candle and Salsa told me about the fill. It is working and WILL WORK for a long time. I am ready now. I can feel it!! :clap2::clap2: Now to start exercising....

Thanks again to everyone....what a nice feeling to know I have so much support.

Yeah, I get the "pizzacat" thing all the time. I'm actually using my first cat's name "pizzicato" - it's a music term that means you're plucking a violin string instead of using the bow.

As for me, I'm down another 2 lbs this week. Not as big as my average, but I'm okay with it. I've been a bit more loose with my eating habits so I'm working on getting back to the rules and hopefully it will all fall back into the 3-4 lbs a week range. My next post-op is on the 17th, so if I stick with it, I'll hopefully meet my xmas goal by then and be in the 220's. 5 lbs to go!!

Candle and Badonkadonk - how's that push for the 220's going for you two?

Hi everyone, just checking in. I had my 3rd fill yesterday and so far, haven't noticed much difference but I am still on liquids so its hard to tell. I hope this one restricts me this time....I so want to be in the 220's by xmas which is only 3 weeks away!