Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Got a membership to Bally's over the weekend....tonight I have my first appt with MY personal trainer! I feel so diva saying that! So, I am hoping this is the beginning of a successful relationship! Like you Nana, I am prepaid for 3 years (DH insisted that I "commit"....LOL!). To be honest, I never had anyone show me how to exercise, what to do and what to focus on. So, I do not know what to expect. A friend at the office said today "why would you want to start this right BEFORE the holidays begin?" I looked at her square in the eye and said "that was exactly what I would have said to myself a year ago". For some reason, that exchange has really fueled my desire to succeed!

Oh, BTW....has anyone ever seen the show "Inside the Brookhaven Obesity Clinic" (it's on Discovery Health)? While I was folding laundry last night, I landed on that station and found myself unable to stop watching.....4 episodes. Oh my......it has really an eye opener! I know that I could have been there if I wouldn't have made this decision to have a Lap Band. I know it's true.

Off to meet my personal trainer....I sure hope he is a hot, hard bodied cutie!!!!

Yeah to you Salsa! You give me such inspiration! I don't think I will make my Thanksgiving goal, I'd have to lose 3 pounds in 3 days but maybe by Sunday I'll be there! I think I need to increase my calorie intake just a little. I might need to throw in a Protein Drink. I'm not giving up and I am committed to making good choices on that day laden with fat and gluttony! I will be in Orlando moving around and not sitting down!

We have a lot to be proud of and thankful for this year! We are on the right track and moving in the right direction!;)

Congrats again!

Val

weight.png

Starting weight 319 7/5/07

surgery weight 314 8/30/07

current weight 278 11/19/07:clap2:

1st mini goal 275 lbs by 11/22/07

2nd mini goal 270 lbs by 12/8/07

:help:I had a fill one week ago and after only putting in .25 a month ago, he put in 2.75 cc this time. By Friday I could not drink water:faint:. I went back and in 3 days time, I had developed a "hugh dialation" (as the Dr. said) in the pouch. He immediately, completely, emptied my band. I am on a full puree diet for 3 weeks. If the dialation does not heal by then, I will have to have surgery to repair it or remove the band. He said he hated to do this to me before Thanksgiving, but it was the only option. Now I am confused.....;) I would have thought with no restriction at all I would be starving. I am not hungry and am eating less than I did with restriction. I don't want to make a mountain-out-of -a-mole-hill, but how do I know if something is really wrong? I am not having any pain. Anyone else who has been though this, I sure would like to hear from you........:help:

SPEBSQSAlady - You are probably still swollen which can cause restriction in itself. I got food lodged a week or so ago and had to be completely unfilled because of extreme pain and irritation. However, since then I haven't been hungry at all either. The doc said that was because I was probably still swollen. I guess we should be happy that we are not starving even though our bands are completely empty. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Well we are packing everything in the truck today and starting to move into the new place so I am going to be without internet for the next few days. So I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Remember GOOD food CHOICES!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Wishing everyone willpower on this feast day.

I'm going to have a good meal, then bin the leftovers--it's better to waste food than "waist" food. :):D

My motto: It's a HoliDAY, not a HoliWEEK.

So moving truly is a workout. I didn't have a scale since Tuesday so that was the first thing that I unpacked this morning and stepped on it praying that all that work did something for the waistline as well as the pocketbook (we are saving 210$ a month on rent). Sure enough it did. Lost 2 pounds since Tuesday!!!!!! We didn't Celebrate Thanksgiving yesterday because of the move, but I think it was a mistake on my part. I had so much head hunger yesterday I thought I was going to start knawing on the boxes as I brought them up the stairs. My BF did buy a pumpkin pie (not the best part of the meal to eat:guess) but it was really the only plausible thing since none of our cookware was accessible and neither one of us wanted to cook. I only had a VERY small piece so I was okay. We went to a local restaurant where I thought I could get some resemblance of a Thanksgiving meal, but it didn't look so good so we opted to split a cobb salad instead. I told my BF that I am going to get a Christmas dinner because otherwise I might just go stark raving mad. Even if I only get a tablespoon of each food, I deserve that much.

I joined a gym this morning and did my first workout. My muscles are still really sore from moving but I needed to do something besides cardio. I like lifting much more so that will be nice. No more walking outside (I hate that!)

So I just got back from the doctor last night and am very sore (12 hours of driving!) They did an unfill, but the nurse had a hard time getting the needle into the port. So she had to move it around a lot. It was done under fluoro, but she just couldn't get the needle in for about 10 minutes. Finally it went in and she pulled out 1.6cc (I originally had 3.6 put in) When I talked to the doctor he said that I irritated my esophogus, but the band looks great. When talking to him on the phone, prior to examination, he said that I would most likely have to be on 2 weeks of liquids followed by 2 weeks of mushies, but today he said I could try mushies after 4 or 5 days and see if it still hurts.

On a good note, the doc was very impressed with my weightloss. He said they consider the band successful if you lose 50 pounds in 1 year. I have lost 50 in 3 months. whoo.gifHe said it was rare for someone with my starting BMI to lose that quickly. Guess I must be doing something right!

DO YOU SEE THIS TICKER... IT IS HOLDING ON TO THAT DANG 2 FOR DEAR LIFE.

Val- Thanks for the kind words, I hope being unfilled won't set me back. I am literally at the tipping point into onderland so I think I will be motivated. If I was very far on either side of that weight, it could have presented more problems, but being soooooo close, I think I will manage!

Salsa,

congrats on making it to Wonderland!!!:whoo::whoo::whoo:

I get my first fill next Thursday...it can't come too soon for me!! I have absolutely NO restriction at all (or willpower for that matter).

I am really glad you and your band are okay! You are such an inspiration.

Jody

Thanksgiving was great! i so stuck to my diet, and i am so proud of myself!!! i got a smaller plate than everyone so i wouldnt be piling the stuff on and had a piece of pie for dessert (not pie, cake, Cookies ect as usual)

how did everyone else do?

I had a little taste of the things I wanted and didnt even finish that. Then I had some leftover pie filling in the pie plate. (wont say what kind) and a cookie. BUT, I was sitting by a gastric bypass person!! That helped. I did good I thought.

I ate a little bit of everything once.....no 2nd or 3rd's like I normally would. I ate twice............2 and 7 p.m. and did have 1 dessert. I did a lot of exercising since it was at my house. I cleaned and cleaned until I ached all over and was so tired and sore, I couldn't go to sleep without a 8 hour Tylenol and a heating pad. I didn't lose or gain but I've been in this pattern for a while. I'm ok with that considering where I was last year this time and I don't get 2nd fill until 12/18. I do not have any restriction at all. I also got a boost as I was able to wear a size 20 dress for a Sorority Ball last Saturday:clap2: (my normal size was a 24/26). I'm trying to hold off until after Christmas to buy cloths. My pants are not falling off from my waist but I have enough butt and leg slack to fit both legs in one side (and get quite a few laughs from my family):(.

I enjoyed T-Day. I got stuffed alot sooner than usual which was great. I never get full except Tday and Xmas. So, I think it was a big step ahead of where I usually am on Tday.

=)

Since I am on puree for 3 weeks, I ran some turkey through the food processor and mixed it with some mashed potatoes and gravy. My daughter-in-law said it looked like dog food, but hey... to me it tasted like heaven. I also had a little cranberry jelly and was really full. I was pleased with that since I have no restriction at all now. I also lost 2.4 pounds in the last week. I am still not really hungry at all, even after cooking the big meal for my family. If this keeps up, even without restriction, I could be very happy. Hope everyone did well this week and if not, get back on track...... it is a long ride folks.

I am glad to hear everyone did pretty good. I was proud of myself too! I only ate one serving, not two or three like years past...left all the leftovers at my moms, refused to bring any home (sorry kids :D but they will live) I didn't gain anything and I think I may have lost but I just got my monthly friend so I think it is staying the same because of Water weight....that is fine with me. I even had two seperate people comment on how great I looked and asked what I was doing....it was nice!