Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Becky--How much is in your band and what size is your band?

I've got the 10cc AP band. I don't know for sure what my total volume is. I just know that I get very small fills; .25cc each time and it amazes me that such a small amount of Fluid has any affect at all. But it does for me. Everybody is different. I think my fill level might not even be noticeable to someone else or too tight for another person. It is just totally different from person to person.

Becky, I am glad you mentioned that you notice that only .25cc makes a difference. My last fill was only .2cc and I think it made a difference as well, but I wondered if I was simply imagining it.

For sure I am being a little bit obsessive about fills right now, and it is probably overkill, but I have decided to just go with it.

It's possible that I might make an unnecessary visit or two to the Dr., but I want this weight off as quickly as possible, and in order to do so I really feel that I need to make sure that I am always properly restricted. I have therefore decided that I am going to continue having my band checked under fluoro every month or two -- at least until I get closer to goal.

Lady Bug Red keep your spirits up -- you are doing great, and I am sure things will get better with your boys. I (regretfully and not by choice) don't have children, but Becky's advice sounds like it's right on the mark to me.

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

9/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

9.75cm/4cc Inamed Band

Oh Lady Bug hang in there. Two teenage boys. That explains alot. I have two sons. Thankfully, they are 26 and 20 now. It does get better. Mine live several hundred miles away from each other and they are actually anxious to see each other at Christmas. I understand how draining it can be raising two boys. Just try to remember that you will be much better equiped to deal with them when you are taking care of yourself. As you lose the weight and continue exercising you'll have more mental and physical energy for all the challenges associated with raising kids. No matter how rattled they get you, keep working on yourself. I wish I'd taken my own advise ten years ago.

Thanks Becky! It is emotionally and physically draining. I hit the treadmill early this morning because we did the Santa Parade here. The Fire Departments and our EMS drive around town with the trucks all lit up and make stops so the kids can see Santa. It is a great time.

Hi everyone... just had my 4th fill, not sure why he filled me again, but am extremely happy. PB alot, my own fault. Doctor says WELCOME to the world of the lap band, when I told him some days I can eat some thing and other days NOPE...lol, it is quite funny tho.. looking back at all the older pages just makes everything we have all gone thru so far so worth it!!! so many encouraging stories when we all think we arent doing well then you see more and more happy people. I am one of them, 25 pounds to me is like a mini person I have lost, and not wanting it back!. I think I am coming to terms with "slow" isnt so bad at all. The last 2 days I had 2 people say I have lost alot of weight... FIRST real compliments I have gotten, what a great feeling... MERRY Christmas to everyone, and may we all have a great new year!!!

mckelmer....I couldn't agree more! We were banded on the same day and I am down 28lbs. I am very happy with that loss! The point to me is that I am losing, it may not be at record speed but I am not gaining and that is awesome!

hey All!

Down another .5 lb today (total of 3.5 this week), so I'm at 228.5, which means I made my Xmas goal and I'm 2.5 from my 60 lb mark! It feels SO good!

I have my 4 month post-op this afternoon and I'm pretty sure I won't get a fill this time. I feel pretty restricted and the weight is coming off nicely, so I'm sure they won't think I need one either. So, I'm feeling good at 3.2cc's on a 10cc AP band.

Badonkadonk - nice to see you back! I'd been wondering how you were doing! :-)

Hi I have not checked in for a long time. Glad to see everyone is doing well. I was banded Aug. 15 I have 1.9 cc's in a 4 cc band. I get my 4th fill Jan. 8, 2008. I hope to loose 2 more pounds by next Tuesday to meet my Christmas goal of 40 lbs. lost. This is much more difficult than I had expected, but well worth it. Good luck to all.

JP

If you haven't done so already, have your rings adjusted! I lost a diamond ring today. I felt all of my rings getting loose but did not think any would slip off. I looked at my hand this evening and one was gone!:think I took the others off until I can have them adjusted. Thank God it was not my wedding or engagement ring! I'm sorry I lost the ring but I'm glad I'm losing the weight. I gotta make some lemonade out of this lemon! :)Take care all!

Cheesy silver rings aren't worth getting resized! You rich married girls and you're fancy diamond rings... ;-)

I'm just happy to have a nearly empty closet. I think I've donated at least a dozen bags of clothes that either don't fit now or won't fit in the Spring. Man, it feels good!!

I had my 4-month postop yesterday and my PA said not to worry about coming back until my 6-month unless I feel like I need an adjustment. Boy, did that feel great! Part of me feels like it helps knowing I'm going in to keep the motivation up, but I have you all and my support group to help with that too. :-)

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I'll hit the 60 lb mark for Xmas - unless I totally goof off this week, I can lose 2 lbs in a week, don'cha think?

WOHOOO!!!!!

Pizzicato, that's my goal too -- 60 lbs by Christmas. You are so close and definitely will make it. Congratulations!!!

I will be darn close, but might not make it with Christmas being only 7 days away. I am a little disappointed about this, but the scale seems to be slowing down considerably for me lately. This despite the fact that I have been doing long, hard cardio workouts and following my diet very carefully.

Oh well, it will come off sooner or later. The good news is that I am much farther along than I had expected to be.

kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gifCrazy Ates DECEMBER Exercise Challenge kaos-xmas-smiley-5752.gif

12/18 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I should be close to 60 pounds lost by Christmas. I have 2 to go. I was down to 191.5, but then I had carbs last night and am going to continue to have carbs. I had been on Atkins to kind of kickstart the weightloss and halt the hunger, but I gave in and had 1 cookie last night. I don't feel bad about it at all either. I had a very bad yesterday. All I wanted to do (and pretty much did) is cry. I dont' know if I posted it here, but I am going to leave teaching at the end of this school year. I just don't like it, and I had to tell my administrators yesterday. Yes it is early to tell them, but we were planning a major curriculum for next year and I didn't want them to expect me to be here to teach it. They are really wonderful people to work for and completely understand. Still it is emotional to think that I am going to just give it up, BUT I HATE IT! I was also missing food terribly yesterday AND put in a 16 hour day at work, so when I went home, I had a cookie. Not 10 or 20 but 1, and instead of feeling ANY guilt, I am acutually proud of myself. Sure I will want another one tonight, but I probably won't have one. So hopefuly, I can lose 2 pounds by Christmas. Plus I FINALLY get my fill back on Friday, so that usually jumpstarts things!

Frangipani, you're doing great! Even if the scale isn't moving as fast as you'd like, I would wager you're swapping muscle for fat, so you're probably getting leaner all the time.

Salsa, I feel for you. I too was a teacher and went through much the same stuff you're dealing with now back in the mid-90's. I realized I was going to quit teaching and my ex told me he wanted to split up right around the same time in November that year. Ironically, I had just lost 50 lbs and was in pretty darned great shape (about 40 lbs under where I am right now). he stuck it out with me and then wanted out when I actually lost the weight and was feeling good.

Anyway, I understand how emotional it is to change careers. but, you've done the hardest part now (telling the boss and actually deciding), so now you can start thinking about what you want to do next.

I wound up going into computer work (I'm now a business analyst), and I'm making more than triple what I did as a teacher with a lot less overtime.

There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, sweetie!

Hey All!

45lbs down as of Monday! :clap2: My 1/1/08 goal was 50! I think I'll make it 2.5 lbs a week, I can do that. I saw a picture of myself yesterday and almost didn't recognize me! I am feeling great! Just looking forward to the winter break which starts Friday!

Val