Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Absolutely! I joined a gym last night too so I'll be sweating along with the rest of you!

I joined another gym and got a trainer twice a month. I think it will help with the routine not becoming stagnate. I hope it works!

Other than that, I don't know if I need another fill or not.......I pb 2/3 times a week which would indicate me being too tight. However, I get hungry alot sooner than I was and can eat more......any suggestions??

I would assume that if you are PBing that often that you do not need another fill. Either that or you need to chew more or stop eating certain foods. I have not PB'd yet, but right now I have to chew like there is no tomorrow. It is terrible being too tight. My most recent fill (after having been unfilled completely) is almost too tight. I can hardly eat anything. So far today I have had 2/3 of an omelette made from 1&1/2 eggs and 1/4 cup of cheese. Now I am trying to eat some fish, and it is WAY sloooooowwwww going. Anyways, I am hoping to not ever PB, but it may happen soon.

I'd second what salsa said- if you're pb'ing you probably don't need a fill!

I'd suggest going through the groundrules for eating.

- What are you eating for the most part?

- Are you getting at least 75% lean dense Protein in?

- If you're eating carbs, Soups or mushies, you're going to get hungry sooner.

- Are you skipping liquids during meals to keep it from washing through?

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

salsa--how much have you lost since your last fill?

I have lost 5 pounds since Friday Dec 21st. I love the fast weight loss, but I don't want to do anything to risk my health. I just got in some fish, so I am up to 31 grams of Protein and 300 calories. I can't go below 800 calories or I will just stall when it comes to weightloss. So I am going to have to add liquid calories until I loosen up a bit.

I think I am starting to fall into old habits. Does anybody agree that chocolate goes down pretty easy? lol ~ My last fill was about 6 weeks ago and I've only lost 12 pounds since. My weight loss was fast before and now it is very slow.

If I chew my food really really good, I can eat A LOT. I think that means I need a fill. I like the feeling of being 'tight'. Since I have no willpower, I need that to help me. Eating becomes too much hassle so I just quit eating after ten minutes. Weird, I know, but I like that.

Anybody else feel this way?

Dana

Dana, I am the exact opposite. I hate being as tight as I am. I am not getting enough calories, Protein and nutrients to be healthy and I think that losing 6.5 pounds in 1 week is too much for me. But again, this is an individual fight, and if you like being tight and can be healthy in that state, then you have found what works for you. However, I think you are doing great. 12 pound in 6 weeks works out to 2lb/week, which is optimal. As for the chocolate you just have to throw it out. If you can't handle them in the house with will power than that is really the only thing to do. If your family wants it, then they should put it where only they know where it is. That is what my BF did with our fudge. I didn't ask him to, he just knew that I kept eyeing it when I went in the kitchen. So when I went in there the other morning, I asked him if he ate it all cause I was going to yell at him cause that was a LOT of fudge. He said no, it is just is someplace you won't be tempted by it. I didn't really want it that bad to look for it, so that worked for me. If you think that you have fallen back into bad habits, you have to do what you did at the beginning. Remember, this is not about losing weight quickly, this is about learning how to take it off sensibly so that we change our lifestyle. I am all about having a treat once in a while, because that is what thin people do to. But if you don't have the will power to resist it most of the time, then you just have to get rid of it. Hope I didn't come across to harsh cause that is not what I hoped. I just want all of us to continue to grow smaller and healthier.

Kari, how did you get so darned wise? :cry I always do enjoy your posts!

Kari, how did you get so darned wise? :cry I always do enjoy your posts!

Awww SCHUCKS! Thanks. I guess that 48000$ student loan is all worth it!;)

Hi everyone, hope you all had a very happy and safe Christmas. I am pretty happy that I managed to loose 2 lbs since my last fill, considering the holidays season. But have a question, does anyone have horrible abdominal cramping since being on the band. I dont have it all the time, about once every six weeks and it is HORRIBLE, i cant walk for two days because of the cramping. I am using a fibre powder in the mornings and thought this would help with the lack of fibre in my diet....???? any suggestions?

Hi Mckelmer, I haven't had any issues. I don't take the Fiber powder. I do however take 2 stool softeners every day:embarassed::embarassed:.

I can't believe I am already down to 202.8!!:whoo: I started my Excel spreadsheet for trending. Hopefully tomorrow will bring me a pound! No more of that type of gain...not worth it! Had I weighed myself daily I would have caught it quicker. Amazing how much weight I can lose when I really put my mind to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Salsa,

My house and 'roommates' are a HUGE problem in my weight loss. My son and I (I'm a single mom) are temporarily staying with my parents until next month. This house is FULL! Full of people and full of food. My mother is over weight and doesn't care to diet at all. She made fudge EVERY DAY last week. Not to mention the peanut brittle, prime rib, sausage every morning for Breakfast, store bought Cookies, M&M dishes around the house, etc. Besides my 15 month old son and I, there are 4 other people in this house. My sister is an eater too! She recently gained 25 pounds because she is addicted to food too. She sometimes cooks 2-3 breakfasts. She's ALWASY in the kitchen. There's always a skillet on the stove ful of potatoes, avocado, bacon, cheese, you name it! It's terrible around here! My son and I have one shelf in the pantry that I keep stocked with tuna, canned Soups, his baby food, etc. I have a shelf in the outdoor fridge where I keep veggies, eggs, turkey sausage, avo, etc... Those other eaters get to my food b4 I do! Because I don't eat that much and only grocery shop once per week, they eat all my damn food and then I'm left over with their crap.

MY FAMILY ARE WORSE THAN COLLEGE ROOMMATES!!!!!!

**** I can't wait to get the hell out of here! ******

OK, so that was more of a 'vent', with a few excuses on top.

I think if I am tightened up more I will be more likely to stick with my protien shakes, tuna, eggs, etc. That's how I was b4. I think once I move out, my weight loss will start to improve again.

Thanks for listening to my b*&tch session! haha

Dana

Salsa,

My house and 'roommates' are a HUGE problem in my weight loss. My son and I (I'm a single mom) are temporarily staying with my parents until next month. This house is FULL! Full of people and full of food. My mother is over weight and doesn't care to diet at all. She made fudge EVERY DAY last week. Not to mention the peanut brittle, prime rib, sausage every morning for breakfast, store bought Cookies, M&M dishes around the house, etc. Besides my 15 month old son and I, there are 4 other people in this house. My sister is an eater too! She recently gained 25 pounds because she is addicted to food too. She sometimes cooks 2-3 breakfasts. She's ALWASY in the kitchen. There's always a skillet on the stove ful of potatoes, avocado, bacon, cheese, you name it! It's terrible around here! My son and I have one shelf in the pantry that I keep stocked with tuna, canned Soups, his baby food, etc. I have a shelf in the outdoor fridge where I keep veggies, eggs, turkey sausage, avo, etc... Those other eaters get to my food b4 I do! Because I don't eat that much and only grocery shop once per week, they eat all my damn food and then I'm left over with their crap.

MY FAMILY ARE WORSE THAN COLLEGE ROOMMATES!!!!!!

**** I can't wait to get the hell out of here! ******

OK, so that was more of a 'vent', with a few excuses on top.

I think if I am tightened up more I will be more likely to stick with my protien shakes, tuna, eggs, etc. That's how I was b4. I think once I move out, my weight loss will start to improve again.

Thanks for listening to my b*&tch session! haha

Dana

Wow that sounds like my mom. In a way, I am glad she is no longer around. LONG STORY! I am really sorry that you are in that situation. Luckily I have a very strong support group at home and HERE! So, my suggestion to you would be to write what you want for yourself and your son and keep that in your pocket so when you walk by the bowl of MMs or skillets full of food, you can look at that instead of listening to that damn voice in your head that tells you how good those little morsels of chocolate are. I think it is great that you have made the decision to become healthier for you and for your son. It sounds like genetics are not kind to you (or me!) so it is important that you show your son the proper ways to eat. I can't imagine how different my life would have been if I had parents that showed me how to eat, exercise, and just be healthy. My mom died of a heart attack at the age of 53 weighing over 350 pounds. My dad (who wasn't around much) weighs currently over 400 pounds. Hang in there and come back as often as you need to vent or get support or WHATEVER!

I know that you can't store your cold food in your room (or wherever you are staying), but could you store some of the dry food? I really am fairly speechless and that takes a lot for me to be like that, but I hope that you find some comfort in joining us here.