Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Gosh Candle, too bad we don't live closer - we could trade some clothes!!

And another update - I'm down again this mornign and have OFFICIALLY

Gosh Candle, too bad we don't live closer - we could trade some clothes!!

And another update - I'm down again this mornign and have OFFICIALLY MADE IT TO 229!!!! That means just 3 more lbs till I get to 60 lbs lost and my end-of-year goal!

Hmm.... at the rate I've been going this week, maybe I'll hit that by Monday - freaky, huh? I think my fill finally kicked in this week!

It is so wonderful to hear that eveyone is doing so well!!!

I was banded on Aug 24th. I weighed 298.2lbs and was wearing a size 22 pants. I current weigh 217.0lbs and am in a size 10-12 pants for a total of 81.2 lbs lost in 3.5 months!! I truely feel blessed to have my band! I just started my exercise routine yesterday so hopefully the rest will just melt off as well!

Princesst:)

Holy smokes, Princess!!! Was any of that preop loss? I'm in awe!!!!

I did a little trying-on last night to see where I'm at now. I'm on the baggy side of 18 on the bottom and a 14-16 on top, and I actually FIT a bra at Victoria's secret! Now mind you, I think most of their stuff lacks the structure necessary for my "girls" but it was nice to know I could even shop there again! I was also tickled to notice that the girls aren't shrinking too much so I might get to keep my DD's, and hopefully they won't be down to my knees by then! :-)

Funny I keep praying that mine shrink to C's! Don't think it will happen though, I got the wrong genes for C's! :) I started at DDD and am now down to DD. Keeping my fingers crossed that the size keeps going but that they don't sink down!

And princess you are doing awesom. My scale may read lower than yours, but I would take smaller size over smaller weight any day!!!! 10-12 is my GOAL!

Yeah, I'm rather "attached" to my "girls!" (pun intended). but, it has to be what you're comfortable, huh?

princesst - You're doing wonderful!! You must be really tall - I started at 294 and up until recently, I hadn't seen 22's in a long time - lol!

I already have a boob job savings account started with ING. I think that's my first PS. I already need a major lift and it's only going to get worse.

I was originally hoping a boob job and a TT would cut it but my arms and inner thighs are looking pretty bad already. It's really depressing - lol!

I had a small fill today and have now officially lost 72 pounds! The physician's assistant said she thinks my goal of 165 is too low for my 5'9" height. I don't know about that. According to the BMI charts that is what it is going to take to have a "normal" BMI and that is what I based my goal on. Whatever the case, I am over half way to goal and feeling really good about my progress. I have three holiday parties to attend this weekend and I'm not even dreading them the way I usually do.

Candle, I know what you mean about the plastic surgery fund. I'm going to need an extreme makeover, lol.

I had a small fill today and have now officially lost 72 pounds! The physician's assistant said she thinks my goal of 165 is too low for my 5'9" height. I don't know about that. According to the BMI charts that is what it is going to take to have a "normal" BMI and that is what I based my goal on. Whatever the case, I am over half way to goal and feeling really good about my progress. I have three holiday parties to attend this weekend and I'm not even dreading them the way I usually do.

Candle, I know what you mean about the plastic surgery fund. I'm going to need an extreme makeover, lol.

Texas Becky you are amazing!! Unfortunately I had a BAD BAD BAD day today. How do you keep motivated?? I binged today for the first time. I was actually doing okay until today. I plan to hit the treadmill again but I sabotage myself all the time...:faint::faint::faint:

Please give me words of wisdom...I so want to be there too. I see the surgeon on Jan 2nd and will schedule another fill at that time.

Ladybug, it's one day. Don't beat yourself up and don't make it two. You know what you have to do and how to do it. We are all here to support you as you do us. The shame is not in falling but in not getting back up!

Princessst, I am amazed! That is wonderful progress. I am struggling to get to 50 (6 lbs to go). I hope to be there on January 1.

I need another fill I've gotten 2 for a total of 2.2 CCs. They seem to only be good for about a month which worries me because if I get a fill every month, the band will be completely filled in about 5 months. Then what? That's why I am trying to work with what I have for the rest of this month. My thinking might be wrong because I feel a little confused about fills. If anyone understands this better, I'd love to hear.

Val

There is a great post somewhere about how fills work, but I couldn't find it and I only have a few minutes. Basically it says, just as we lose fat on the outside, we also lose the fat that is on our organs. So when they put the band around the stomach there is a layer of fat between the band and the stomach. As we lose fat, that layer disappears as well, making the band looser. At some point we will have lost most of the fat off of our internal organs and we won't need to go back in as often. Hope that short quick explanation works. But look towards the very top of the main page of here and there is an explanation by a guy named Wendell.

LadyBug, Valstar is right. It is just one day. We all have off days. I think Salsa's post about learning to eat normally is worth re-reading. Even thin people over do it on occassion. We just have to learn to be good most of the time!

As for my success, I think it has alot to do with being properly restricted. I am on fill number four. Aren't you still on your first fill? I was lucky and got noticeable restriction on the very first fill. After my fill today I scheduled another appointment for 8 weeks from now. I also try to follow the basic band rules 95% of the time. I eat a wide variety of foods, but my total daily intake is probably at least a quarter of what it was before I was banded. As you know, I walk regularly too.

As far as staying motivated, I turned 50 this year and it had a huge impact on me. I figure if I lose this weight once and for all, I have a much better chance of spending the next 50 years healthy, active, vibrant, and contributing to society. If I don't lose the weight I can go on being a miserable, unhealthy, sedentary old bag. Making the decision to have lap band surgery was a drastic measure and I'm determined to make it work.

You are having weight loss success. Not as fast as you'd like but you have lost. I'm sure that after you get some more restriction things will begin to speed up for you. Don't get discouraged. You can do this.

LadyBug, Valstar is right. It is just one day. We all have off days. I think Salsa's post about learning to eat normally is worth re-reading. Even thin people over do it on occassion. We just have to learn to be good most of the time!

As for my success, I think it has alot to do with being properly restricted. I am on fill number four. Aren't you still on your first fill? I was lucky and got noticeable restriction on the very first fill. After my fill today I scheduled another appointment for 8 weeks from now. I also try to follow the basic band rules 95% of the time. I eat a wide variety of foods, but my total daily intake is probably at least a quarter of what it was before I was banded. As you know, I walk regularly too.

As far as staying motivated, I turned 50 this year and it had a huge impact on me. I figure if I lose this weight once and for all, I have a much better chance of spending the next 50 years healthy, active, vibrant, and contributing to society. If I don't lose the weight I can go on being a miserable, unhealthy, sedentary old bag. Making the decision to have lap band surgery was a drastic measure and I'm determined to make it work.

You are having weight loss success. Not as fast as you'd like but you have lost. I'm sure that after you get some more restriction things will begin to speed up for you. Don't get discouraged. You can do this.

Thank you so much. I did have a bad day but managed to make it on the treadmill twice that day. Anyone dealing with teenagers out there??? I have a 17 and 14 year old. They are both boys and I am going through hell. My 17 year old went to stay at a friend's this weekend because he hates his brother so much. Monday morning is a call to make an appointment for a therapist....this is a horrible way to live.

Oh Lady Bug hang in there. Two teenage boys. That explains alot. I have two sons. Thankfully, they are 26 and 20 now. It does get better. Mine live several hundred miles away from each other and they are actually anxious to see each other at Christmas. I understand how draining it can be raising two boys. Just try to remember that you will be much better equiped to deal with them when you are taking care of yourself. As you lose the weight and continue exercising you'll have more mental and physical energy for all the challenges associated with raising kids. No matter how rattled they get you, keep working on yourself. I wish I'd taken my own advise ten years ago.