Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Don't get discouraged. We all lose at different speeds. It is not fair to judge ourselves against others because we are all unique. I am a scientist so I have had plenty of classes that have shown me how complex the human body is. There are so many factors that go into how many pounds we lose. Here are a couple of things that I have learned:

*Too many calories - gain weight:cry

*Too few calories - body feels like it starving and you stop losing weight:omg:

*No exercise - you may start to lose muscle, scale shows you are losing weight, but you may not be losing fat:cry

*Exercising - you may lose fat but gain muscle so your scale shows a gain or no loss.:)

Frustrating...yes! :angry That is why it takes patience. If the scale is going to make you pull your hair out, trade it in for a measuring tape and start measuring yourself.

All of this may be a mute point once you get your fill... but if not, I hope it helped.

Hi Everyone!!!!

I was banded on August 31st. I lost 10 lbs in the first week, and only have lost 2 more in the last 3 wks. I am trying to not get discouraged, but as of right now i have no restriction. I am hoping that will change with my 1st fill in 2 days. I hope that I am not setting my expectations too high. Any advice??????????

I was banded on August 27. Up until about 1 week ago, I was doing great. However, now I am afraid to step on scales. I am hungry too often. I see my dr. on Friday and I just know he will schedule a fill.

Hello Everyone,

I go for my first fill next Thursday. I am really glad it's finally here. I don't have alot of restriction, I can eat anything...just not as much as before. I was banded on the 28th of August and I have lost 14 pounds. I have been a little saddened by this, but I am excited to just see a few ounces disappear. I have stayed the same weight for so long that anything is better than nothing. I look forward to my future with my little buddy...(my band)! I know together we can do this! I'm a little nervous about my first fill, I HATE needles!!! I'm just a big baby I know. lol

Have a great day and good luck to all!

Hello August Bandsters!

I finally got a date for my 1st fill, Oct. 12 (8 days before my birthday). The scales have been fluctuating lately to the point where I really have stopped getting on them except once a week. I'm going to make my weigh in day Friday since I'll be able to measure the next phase of weight loss from my fill date. As far as eating, I'm doing pretty good but find my weakness during the evenings when I come home from work. This week I've started preparing my food way ahead of time (enough for 3 days). That way I won't be starving when I get home and start munching. I've been mainly eating a lot of baked fish especially this week. For Breakfast, I normally have a pk of instant cheese grits and 1 egg scrambled. lunch is normally a meat and a vegetable, dinner is a meat and vegetable (and sometimes a carb like potatoes). For Snacks I have yogurt or fruit. I am very afraid to try beef or pork even though I will be 6 weeks out this Thursday. Plus I figured fish, chicken and turkey should be my main source of meat/protein. I am still doing 1 Protein Shake a day which gives me 28 grams of Protein. This supplements my meals and gets me up to the 72 grams my dietician is recommending at this stage. I'm very excited about my fill even though I'm a bit nervous as well. However I did find out it will be done under fluro. I'm still trying to meat my goal of 30 lb loss by my birthday and think I can do it. I have about 5-6 pounds to go in 3 weeks. Good luck and God bless you all!!

One more thing.....I don't have a lot of restriction either and can eat anything if I wanted to. With th exception of Sundays I take in about 1000 calories a day. I am walking now about 2 miles (fast pace) daily. I'm just trying to do the best I can to overcome head hunger and bad eating habits, especially white carbs.

Congratulations to you. I had my first fill on 9/18. I have restriction (i think) which makes things that I shouldn't be eating hurt as they go down. I've lost about 19/20 lbs depending on what day I get on the scale. I wish it were more but I will take it.

/n.

One more thing.....I don't have a lot of restriction either and can eat anything if I wanted to. With th exception of Sundays I take in about 1000 calories a day. I am walking now about 2 miles (fast pace) daily. I'm just trying to do the best I can to overcome head hunger and bad eating habits, especially white carbs.

LOL........I wanna know what's happening on Sunday's!!!!

Hi All!!

I just got home from my first fill appointment. Whew....glad that is over. I was so nervous and all for nothing. Everything went great and I'm great. I lost another pound and that puts me -17 one month out of surgery. Almost everyone wishes for more as do I, but the way I look at it is that I will never see those 17 again. I have said this many times before the band, but now I know I can say it undoubtedly.

Hope everyone is doin well.

WOW.....thanks for the lightbulb moment! Like everyone else....I'm a life long dieter. So, that means that I want to loose alot of weight fast. But, deep down in my heart, I always knew it's weight that would return......

THIS TIME....with my LapBand....it's a whole new deal!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hi everyone, well it has been 2 weeks since my first fill and I am eating like a COW!, it makes it worse because I have had the last 9 days off work and seem to find the easy path to the fridge....OMG, really disappointed with the fill not being restrictive. It was the first 2 days but now I can eat everything in site. I do find that I dont eat a huge meal but I think thats cause I am snacking :) and I dont go back to work until Saturday...I did finally start walking 2 miles every evening but seem to use this as a rationing to eat??? holy cow, just dont know what to do...

Yes this is what pbing is. I felt guilty when it happeneded to me as i thought i had broken the rules. Believe me EVERYONE will end up doing this at one point or another.

Eating 1/2 cup of food just didnt seem right so i thought i could eat through the feeling. YOU CANT get past it. YOu feel anything and just stop. Throw it away, was very very hard for me to throw food away at first.

This is where I am at and I haven't even had a fill yet! Just have to mentally FORCE myself to put the fork down and walk away from the table. Very, very weird. I mean I dropped out of the CLEAN YOUR PLACE CLUB years ago. But I still think I should be able to eat my smaller (normal) sized portions and need to pay more attention.

I've PBed a couple of times. The worse occasion was in a resturant with my sister-in-law. She had gone to the restroom and the waitress brought the check. I didn't know what to do, but I knew I had to do something quick or I was going to embarrass myself and gross out one whole room at IHOP!! (I was having the Cod Hollandaise without the sauce, btw!)

I didn't have time to come up with a good solution, I just had to run. Sure enough, I'd just finished and was wiping my tears and blowing my nose when the waitress came in looking for us. Poor thing, I know she thought we'd stiffed her.

Hi, I think you and I are on the same track... I got banded August 14th and had my first fill on Sept. 26th. I have absolutely no restriction and can eat anything and as much as I want to. I did loose a total of 20lbs. but that was the pre-op diet. Just wondering how your doing? My cousin got banded on August 28th. and has had restriction ever since (with no fill yet!!) This is driving me nuts.......

I think it sounds like we are all over the board. I just had my first fill on Tuesday and right now I have restriction but not much I don't think.....I haven't pushed it yet. I ate a little bit of yogurt for Breakfast and feel full right now. My surgery was august 20th and I am down 14lbs since the surgery......I am not thrilled with that. I know they said it would be slower, but come on......All of that 14 was within the first 3 weeks. I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks and it is getting me upset. Before my fill I was eating like a hog, like I didn't even have the band. I know this is what everyone keeps referring to as bandster hell and hell it is. I just don't want to fail at this but the head hunger keeps getting the best of me. Who waits to eat until they are hungry? I wish there was something I could do to beat that head hunger. I know I am not alone, just thought I would share what I am feeling right now.

I read in one of the other forums ???? that alot of people dont really start loosing until after the 2nd fill, but I will say this stage really sucks!! I lost all my weight in the first three weeks too!! and I know all my hunger is in my head and I am not a will power type person otherwise I would not have needed the band! grrrrrrr I am sure it will get better after the next one but until then, you may have to see me on here everyday giving my sob story LOL...good luck to all of us. and now i regret complaining about the first 5 week liquid/mushie stages... HA HA