Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

im getting really frustrated i had surgery on aug 24th and got my first fill a week and a half ago the first couple of days i could feel alot of restriction now i hardly can feel any havent lost any weight in 2 weeks im thinking of calling my doc has anyone had this experience?

Hello everyone,

I have experienced only slight hunger,usually when I stress or have skipped a meal.

I am set for my first fill this Friday. I hope to stay on liquids as long as possible, shakes and the like seem to help me stay focused.

I have lost 25 pounds since banding, and 35 from my max of 285. I love coming to the forum and seeing everyone's progress.

im getting really frustrated i had surgery on aug 24th and got my first fill a week and a half ago the first couple of days i could feel alot of restriction now i hardly can feel any havent lost any weight in 2 weeks im thinking of calling my doc has anyone had this experience?

Nicole, My doc told me when you have your first fill the band actually absords some of the soultion of a day or two. He put 2cc's in mine and he said if he was to take it all out in a few days there would only be 1cc come out.

I think what your going through is normal even though i can understand the frustration. It might take as many as 3 or 4 fills to get you in your sweet spot he said or it might take 1 or 2. Different with different people. Hang in there.

:help:

I think I PB"d for the first time yesterday and I haven't even had a fill.

OK, so here's what happened, I had a meeting yesterday about a student that is stressing me out. I missed lunch and was STARVING after the meeting I went and bought some food. I ate really fast, got a golf ball feeling stuck in my throat, and was hiccuping like crazy. I went to the bathroom and with one little cough up came the slimey and yuck food! Has this happened to anyone else? If so, please tell your experience.

Yes this is what pbing is. I felt guilty when it happeneded to me as i thought i had broken the rules. Believe me EVERYONE will end up doing this at one point or another.

Eating 1/2 cup of food just didnt seem right so i thought i could eat through the feeling. YOU CANT get past it. YOu feel anything and just stop. Throw it away, was very very hard for me to throw food away at first.

Hi Nicole Cardey! We were banded the same day. Unlike you I haven't had a fill yet :) I think I'm getting one on Oct. 10th. I have been on solids for a week now, I haven't lost anymore weight. I'm down 20 so far, but I lost that mostly on the liquid phase. I feel no restriction and I'm hungry all the time. I'm eating so much less (and better choices) than I used to, but I still think I'm eating too much. I'm definetly having more than a cup of food. I ate a whole chicken breast yesterday, I feel like this is all wrong. Any advice? I'm nervous, thanks.

:whoo::notagree

Hi Nicole Cardey! We were banded the same day. Unlike you I haven't had a fill yet :) I think I'm getting one on Oct. 10th. I have been on solids for a week now, I haven't lost anymore weight. I'm down 20 so far, but I lost that mostly on the liquid phase. I feel no restriction and I'm hungry all the time. I'm eating so much less (and better choices) than I used to, but I still think I'm eating too much. I'm definetly having more than a cup of food. I ate a whole chicken breast yesterday, I feel like this is all wrong. Any advice? I'm nervous, thanks.

it will get better with your fill i just had this crazy notion once i had my fill i could eat whatever i want and the pounds would melt off i need to remember the band is just a tool and i need to use it i want to start excercising but i have little energy

Hi Lindsay,

I was banded on Aug 27th and also see my Dr on Oct 11th. I am not sure if that is for a fill either!! I measure out my food just to make sure I don't go over the 3-4 oz mark. I will not lose anything unless I exercise. I am down 18 from the liquid phase. I am in the same boat as you.

Jody

I was banded on Aug 24th and have lost a total of 42lbs!!! I lost 17lobs during the two weeks pre-op diet and 25lbs since being banded!!! I don't get my first fill until Oct 8th, so I am hoping to lose another 8lbs before then!!! I LOVE MY BAND!!! I have the greatest doc in the world--DR. KEITH CHUNG, LAKE CHARLES, LA.

Congrats to all!!! Everyone is doing great!!!

princesst

I had my first fill today. I have been able to eat whatever. Which they said was normal because the band was just sitting there around my tummy. Anyhow, hopefully, the fill will help but am thinking it will take a good 3/4! It so, was not what I thought it would be like! easy simple!

I went for my post op today to see how I am doing and to possibly schedule a fill. I've lost 23 lbs but as you all stated, that was primarily on the liquid phase. I've lost 2 lbs since being on pureed despite taking in around 1000 calories daily. With that said and with the ferocious return of hunger, my Dr. said I am ready for my 1st fill. The nurse will call me to let me know when. I'm still pushing to lose 8 lbs by 10/20 for a total of 30, then 40 by Thanksgiving and 50 by Christmas. I wish everyone continued success and God bless us all!

it is a weird experience. I don't like it at all. I was just posting some where else that the list of foods I could eat seems to be diminishing!

As for your weight loss -- I would like to think i'm doing ok but i would rather see better results also. I've lost 17 lbs since and even before surgery.

I'm trying to look at the bright side of that; because some of my clothes are feeling different - and so am i actually. so keep it going, you're doing great.

i had my first fill on 9/18. it was a very weird sensation - and i feel what people have described as "restriction".... and fear might i ad - about eating. not good.

I went for my post op today to see how I am doing and to possibly schedule a fill. I've lost 23 lbs but as you all stated, that was primarily on the liquid phase. I've lost 2 lbs since being on pureed despite taking in around 1000 calories daily. With that said and with the ferocious return of hunger, my Dr. said I am ready for my 1st fill. The nurse will call me to let me know when. I'm still pushing to lose 8 lbs by 10/20 for a total of 30, then 40 by Thanksgiving and 50 by Christmas. I wish everyone continued success and God bless us all!

rumar....your goals are right on track with the goals I have set in my head. I haven't spoken them out load nor put them in writing...until now. I've lost a total of 31 pounds and I would like to lose another 8-10 by October 28. I'm attending a family wedding in Napa Valley and would like people to actually tell that I have lost weight! It's been 2 yrs since I've seen them so I'm crossing my fingers! Good luck to you on your journey!

weight.png