Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

What I understand about the AP Advanced Platform band is that the tubing part is 360 degrees around as apposed to the other band that had no restriction where the buckle was. Also it's thicker and there is supposedly less errosion and slippage problems. I thought it was installed with fill already in it? but I'm not sure. I would splice and cut for you but the moderator would snip it. How are you after the fill?

Sorry I didn't mean tubing I meant the cuff I think it's called .....the round part that goes around the stomach and is filled.

hi not to worry I was banded by dr.fielding @ nyu on july 19 2007

i went from liquids to mushy and than didnt get a fill until 1 month later

I ate everything i had to go back for a second fill 1 week later cause i was still able to eat ...now im doing ok but still have dropped any weight

i am down 23pds from day 1 but cant seem to move that scale i feel im always eating still....but not as much

Hi Phy: I think I would rather go in slow and be able to eat and not feel too much restriction in the beginning and then gradually work up to the right "sweet spot" as they call it. it's great you can eat everything but less of it. That's the idea and eventually you will have permanent weight loss.

You are lucky you are doing it now because by the time you get to my age 48 you will have gotten to a healthy weight. I am going through perimenopause and I can not keep up with this constant weight gain due to hormones and low blood sugar which makes me crave sweets. It sort of feels like pregnancy again ...just great but with the band already in place you can breeze right through it or get more restriciton during this time. Congratualtions on getting banded!

I thought it was installed with fill already in it? but I'm not sure.

I think every doctor is different.

I have nothing in mine.

2beefree---I guess you and I are in the same boat. I was to go on mushies on Monday, the 17th of September. I too have been so hungry the past 2 days. So, I walk into the kitchen and hubby is eating tuna. That was my down fall. I took a bite and so now I am on my mushies, 2 days early. I had a can of deviled ham and I ate about 1/3 of it and I was satisfied.

I have the 9.75 band and I have no restriction at all. I need a fill, but doc wont do it until 6 weeks out. I'm only 1/2 way. I feel ya on the hunger thing. I'm just trying my best to stick to Soup and eggs.< /p>

Does anyone else have an AP band?

I have the APS band and I think I read somewhere that it takes longer to get to restriction with this new band. (I know every doctor does something different as far as fill amounts go)

I have felt no restriction at all since day 1. As my hunger seems to return more and more each day, I'm starting to get pretty anxious.

I was banded at NYU by Dr. Kurian and she is very aggressive with the fills. I am 4 weeks out and had my first fill the other day. She filled me with 3cc's and I am going back for another fill in 4 weeks. She says that you have to work the band, not let the band work you. The fill was not bad at all. I was a little nervous and all but it went great.....but I am hungry.....very hungry. People have said that it could take up to a week or two to feel the effects of the fill.....so we shall see. If not, I might be getting into Dr. Kurian before the 4 weeks is up.

Im also 3 weeks out and just got my first fill i have the new ap band my fill was also 3cc and i to am going back in 1 month the fill wasnt bad at all i was so scared i didnt feel a thing but im definetly feeling the restriction

I had my first fill on the 4th and the nurse put 3.6cc in. She said that was about average. I know I have the new AP band, but I don't know how big it is. I have zero restriction, but I am one of the lucky ones who aren't very hungry so it is not a problem.

Just thought I'd throw my unbanded two cents in. For those of you not so lucky and feel hungry before you can get a fill. I am starting a Atkins eccelerated diet today that makes me think of how banderster portions might be. It is designed so you won't feeel hungry because of the fat content and it works. Eat 5 servings a day of anything on the list every 4 hours...I think evry 3 hours work if you go to bed early . It equals to 1000 cal a day. I started it today and really feel a decrease in my ravenous PMS hunger

1 OZ of Macadamia Nuts .- are they permitted?

2 OZ of Cream cheese Brie

1 OZ of tuna or chicken salad two tsp of mayo served on quarter of an avacado

2 Deviled eggs w/ 2 tsp mayo

2 OZ of Pata

2 eggs yoks hard boiled with 1 tbsp of mayo

2 OZ of sour cream and two tbsp of black or red cavier

2.5 oz whipped heavy cream topped w/sucralose zero calorie Syrup

Drink as much Water as you can w/lemon

It's been almost 4 weeks since I was banded. Things are going pretty well. I've only lost 24.5 lbs so far (scale has been very slow to move), but I've lost a total of 30.5 inches and gone down 2 pants sizes (24 to a 20).:whoo: Now the 20's are even starting to get a little loose. :confused: So at least I'm losing inches, otherwise I'd be really concerned. Surprisingly, I'm still not very hungry and I don't get my 1st fill until the 9/24.

The only major problem I'm having is getting all my fluids in each day. Well, that's it for now. Have a good day everyone! :biggrin1: