Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!! The best birthday present I've gotten is to make a decision to lose weight!! I don't regret my decision not one bit and am just so thrilled to have lost 31 lbs in 2 months. Even though it is a slow process and I haven't gotten into a good groove of figuring out how less to eat to see the scale move more consistantly, I still am thankful when it does. Physically I feel so much better already. I mean, heck I'm eating 1/3 (if not less) less than what I used to eat on a daily basics. Congrats to all of you other August bandsters! I can't wait to see where we are this time next year.

Happy birthday!!

I've been scarce but wanted to check in with my band-buddies. I haven't lost any weight beyond the 1st 8-10 lbs, and am sort of struggling to maintain even that. My first fill isn't for another 6 weeks (!) but it is what it is.

Halloween, my birthday, and Thanksgiving lay between me and my first fill, so I'm just hopeful I won't be moving up another BMI point in the meantime. Glad to see everyone doing so well!

Somehow I lost contact with other August bandsters. I have been eating things I know I shouldnt. I went on a girls vacation ate wrong and still managed to lose 3 1/2 lbs over about 10 days. I am certainly not back up to my presurgery eating habits, but am afraid I am slipping backwards. I have had 1 fill and am going in 10-22 for the second one. Hope it gives me some restriction, I feel like right now I am using will power only.

Hi I am Bob , banded Aug 7. For me, regarding the will power, I use my band as a gentle reminder of what food to buy at the store or what to eat. I combine my little teeny tiny will power with the band and that has tended to help. It is like a second opinion for me. May be that will help you. You are still losing even when you were on vacation, maybe you should be proud of your self.

You also seem aware that you are slipping back to old bad ways, that self awareness is a good sign.

Bob

I feel the same way. I've only lost about 10 pounds. Ive had one fill and dont feel a lot of restriction. I need to diet but I havent really been doing it. Maybe after my 2nd fill next month it will get better??

Somehow I lost contact with other August bandsters. I have been eating things I know I shouldnt. I went on a girls vacation ate wrong and still managed to lose 3 1/2 lbs over about 10 days. I am certainly not back up to my presurgery eating habits, but am afraid I am slipping backwards. I have had 1 fill and am going in 10-22 for the second one. Hope it gives me some restriction, I feel like right now I am using will power only.

Hello Everyone!!! Congrats to all on their weightloss successes!! I was banded on 08/24/07 and have lost a total of 57.2 lbs!! I tried on a pair of 14 pants today and am excited to say that they actually fit (I was a size 22).:whoo::whoo::whoo:I still have pretty good restriction after my first fill of 1.2 on 10/08/07. I probably won't get another fill until the week before Thanksgiving so that I know I will have a little more restriction!!

Happy Halloween!!!

Princesst

Happy birthday!!

I've been scarce but wanted to check in with my band-buddies. I haven't lost any weight beyond the 1st 8-10 lbs, and am sort of struggling to maintain even that. My first fill isn't for another 6 weeks (!) but it is what it is.

Halloween, my birthday, and Thanksgiving lay between me and my first fill, so I'm just hopeful I won't be moving up another BMI point in the meantime. Glad to see everyone doing so well!

Hi Alexandra,

I was banded on 8/27 by Dr. Bertha. I get my first fill on Nov 29th. My insurance pays 91 days after surgery. I am right there with you on trying to lose. Hang in there!

Jody

Hello Everyone,

Everything is going all right I guess. Today is my 2 month Bandiversary and I have lost 33 pounds so far. I'd like it to be more. I haven't been exercising as much as I should be, but for the past 3 weeks I've had a double ear viral infection that is giving me dizzy spells. :dizzy: It is finally starting to get a little better but if I bend downward, look upward, or turn around too quick the spinning starts up again. My balance is so off it's not even funny. I've at least been getting walking in around work so I'm not sitting on my butt all day.

Is anyone else having a problem getting all their Water and Protein in everyday. Some days I'm pretty good but other days it seems almost impossible.

I am a little tighter since my last fill on 10/15/07. They gave me another cc. (2cc's on my 1st fill). Although, on some days I feel like I'm still eating more than a cup. They doc said I should be able to eat anywhere from at least a half a cup to a cup. I guess I'm not at my 'sweet spot' yet. I have another fill 11/19/07. So I guess we'll see.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Have a good night!

Hi Alexandra,

I was banded on 8/27 by Dr. Bertha. I get my first fill on Nov 29th. My insurance pays 91 days after surgery. I am right there with you on trying to lose. Hang in there!

Jody

Hi Jody from Jersey! Maybe I'll see you at the hospital on the 29th. :biggrin1:

Hi Everyone....hang in there! Especially you Alexandra, you are known around here for being strong! I have read a ton of your posts since I joined.

I am going a bit crazy too. My weightloss stalled but I got back on track and it is starting to move slowly (stress the slow part) again. I called the Dr. office and they moved my 2nd fill up from 11-9 to this friday 10-26 so that will be a big help. I think I need it because I can still it a larger quantity than I should but am a little nervous because I can't eat some things right now with the restriction I have. I know this is somewhat normal I believe.....please tell me if I am wrong. For example, I wouldn't even try to eat my tuna fish on a piece of bread, I know it would get stuck.

Hang in there everyone!

I just wanted to tell all of my other Aug. Bandsters thank you.. because i have been feeling guilty for eating things that I really shouldn't...I am glad to see that I am not the only one who is still "adjusting" to our new life... You are all inspirations to me and we will get through this together.... today is a new day... how many of us would have just given up already when that scale stopped on any other diet??? We can't we have all made such progress.. just think a year from now when we are all skinny we will look back and giggle at how worried we were. Keep up the good work everyone, and remember that Faith makes things possible not easy!!:clap2:

bekafina..........i like the idea of us all getting togeter a year from now on here and looking at the results instead of the short term instanat gratifaction we all want....well said!

I've been having troubles with fills and I'm starting to wonder how good my surgeon is as far as helping me. Even though he is the head of the bloody gastric surgery department or something... he's been forgetting to tell me some important details.

And I've only lost 11kgs. :D

what kinds of trouble are you having with the fills? Are you too tight? i'm going through that right now but its my fault because dr. fielding didn't want to fill me and I insisted I wanted at least 1cc so now i'm pretty tight and have to stick to ground meats and mashed stuff.

I think it has something to do with me eating chicken a few hours after the fill. But the surgeon said it was okay. :D And now just having a quarter of a cup of clear Soup hurts. Urrrrgh. The fill was only yesterday so hopefully it'll calm down soon.