Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet begins....

Days 1-3 are difficult, but then you begin adjusting by Day 4. I'm on Day 7 today and not feeling hunger too much anymore. The loose bowels are getting better too. This is really weird how the progression of this all goes. Hang in there. You'll get through it. I had a headache for Days 1-3 as well.

My liquid diet started this morning and my head is pounding

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Tried caffeine? 50 years ago my grandfather had stage 4,terminal cancer. He said the worst pain was his headaches... They'd taken away his coffee... Got home before the end, had a cup and his headache vanished.

Just a thought.

Sent from my XT1575 using the BariatricPal App

My surgery is April 7. My father is in town and taking the entire family to dinner. Mexican food with amazing fajitas. (I'm in Houston).

I will be staying home while my husband takes the kids to dinner with the rest of my family. I've been fine but going to dinner and not eating would be tough.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using the BariatricPal App

I have a 35 day pre op diet and im down to 32 days left. Its gonna be a lonnnng road. Im allowed two Optifast or other protien replacements a day, unlimited veg ( only some vegies allowed) and a lean meat Protein serve per day. Has to be around 900 calories

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

35 days?!?! Oh wow! That's intense. Why so long?

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

I have a 35 day pre op diet and im down to 32 days left. Its gonna be a lonnnng road. Im allowed two Optifast or other protien replacements a day, unlimited veg ( only some vegies allowed) and a lean meat Protein serve per day. Has to be around 900 calories

I don't know if i could do this pre-op diet for 35 days. That's a long time to only be on 900 cal a day! I'm not permitted any solid food on my 2 week pre-op; only liquids and 800 calories a day max. I don't think I've come close to that yet! I wish you much luck sticking to it.

Hey guys :) April 12th surgery date. Doing the wonderful 14 day liquid diet. So glad someone said something about the BMs... I was wondering if that was normal!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using the BariatricPal App

HAHAHA Hayleyhehe. I was wondering the same thing when it first started! I googled it and found it is pretty much normal to experience it. I don't know how I'm going to work with this going on. Luckily Monday I only have half a day, off Tuesday for colonoscopy, and then Wed, Thur, and Friday. Then, surgery! I can't believe it is so close now.

Good luck! I I have 8 days til surgery and It seems forever away. Can't come soon enough. For some reason my mouth always seems dry and I am constantly drinking. I want to brush my teeth like 20 times a day lol

Good luck! I I have 8 days til surgery and It seems forever away. Can't come soon enough. For some reason my mouth always seems dry and I am constantly drinking. I want to brush my teeth like 20 times a day lol

My mouth is super dry also. I am drinking allllll day long but it's never enough. Ugh. Oh well.... One more week and it will all be worth it!!

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

35 days?!?! Oh wow! That's intense. Why so long?

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

Because im on the high end of the weight scale. My highest weight was 167kg. Before pre op diet was 150kg. Also the research shows that 6 weeks is optimal for liver shrinkage, although for paitent compliance 2 weeks is optimal as most cant manage 6. My doc and i discussed what i felt i could manage plus life commitments and we decided on 5 weeks