Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet begins....

I've been working on this moment since 2014. It still doesn't seem real! I can't believe it's almost here!

Wow!! Since 2014!! You must be so happy it's here! Good for you, I'm proud of you and I've never met you. Lol

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you so much! It has been quite the journey.

I'm so proud of our liquid diet group. Everyone is being so supportive and strong. We've got this!

We're almost there ladies almost there!!! I'm starting to get some anxiety like holy **** I'm doing this. I'm so excited too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So close!! I am getting anxious too!! It's been seven months of work to get here, and now I'm like HOLY SH*# it's here.

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

well done Ashlie, what day is your surgery? mine is in 10 days YIKES

We're almost there ladies almost there!!! I'm starting to get some anxiety like holy **** I'm doing this. I'm so excited too.

So close!! I am getting anxious too!! It's been seven months of work to get here, and now I'm like HOLY SH*# it's here.

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

Well done on your journey so far ambernicole22! I am on day 3 of 4 of my 14 day preop diet and its getting easier. How much weight have you lost on the preop so far? im 4 days in and weighed in today 7 pounds lighter but assume this will slow down a lot.....
I haven't really weighed myself since Saturday I was down 8 pounds then.

Edited by ambernicole22

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

My date is April 11. Sooooo on Monday!! Ahhhhhh.... So close.

Ten days will go by so fast for you. These two weeks have flown for me. Hang in there!!

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by apmcleish

I agree ambernicole22. We need to stay in contact. This liquid pre-op diet is beginning to bore me! broth, Jello, and popsicles! The popsicle part isn't so bad because it makes me feel like I'm cheating (they are really good), but I'm ready to move on from this stage. Will still have 1-2 weeks of this liquid diet AFTER surgery! Yikes!

I hope everyone having surgery next week all have good luck and wonderful outcomes. I have lots to do this weekend to be prepared for Monday! Can't believe it is here. Began this journey last September and here we are! So excited for everyone!

Do any of you have an instrgram. My best friend encouraged me to make a weightloss one since that's really what inspired me to finally take the leap.

She told me even if I helped one person who like me was doubtful it would be worth it.

My name on there is shrinking_amber add me if you want!

My husband is doing a picturebook for me as my weight loss begins so I can go back and see how much I changed over time. People have been asking me if I've recently lost weight. I've been on this liquid diet for almost 2 weeks now and I don't see a change when I look at myself, but I did get on the scale yesterday and showed a 7 lb loss. Now on a fat person, 7 lbs is usually not even noticeable, but I think like my husband said, I've lost the "bloat" look. So, I'll take it!

I just got a call from the scheduler for my surgery time on Monday; was told to arrive by 8:30 AM! Now I've got butterflies in my stomach and feel like there is so much to do between now and then. This is really happening isn't it? :/

I just got a call from the scheduler for my surgery time on Monday; was told to arrive by 8:30 AM! Now I've got butterflies in my stomach and feel like there is so much to do between now and then. This is really happening isn't it? :/

It's here girl you got this!!!

So excited for all of us! Monday begins a new chapter in all our lives! Let's do this!

I have this nightmare where I do my liquid diet perfectly and my liver is still too big to proceed with surgery and I have to do another 2 weeks of liquid diet. :-/

I have this nightmare where I do my liquid diet perfectly and my liver is still too big to proceed with surgery and I have to do another 2 weeks of liquid diet. :-/

If it makes you feel better, I had a known enlarged liver from the abdominal ultrasound, and my surgeon said there are no issues at all with it during the surgery!