Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet begins....

Man I'm glad you guys had a smooth time. I woke up screaming. Slept the last 2 days away. Woke up about 7:30 last night feeling some what normal. I'm getting dilaudid every two houses and a nausea med every four. Praying today is a better day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was at 1130 yesterday and Im home now with fairly little pain. I did just take a pain pill to completely take the edge so I can finally sleep! I was up all night doing laps in the hospital because of gas pain. Gas HURTS. I've only had Water today. 15ml every 15 minutes but each swallow causes so much gas.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using the BariatricPal App

Day after surgery was rough! Day three has been much better. I've been walking as much as possible to help with gas pain. I keep telling myself that this is going to be so worth it. We've got this! Keep sipping!

Home from the hospital today. Everything went very well on Monday. Unfortunately I have to be on oxygen for now because my O2 kept going down. Hopefully it will only be for a few weeks. They took me off my insulin pump, and for now they want me to just do a couple shots a day. This may completely change too.

The gas is HORRIBLE! I feel like there is a thunderstorm going on inside my system! I don't dare let go of any of it without being on the commode for fear it isn't just gas coming out ;O

Glad to here you ladies all made it to the otherside okay. I'm doing very good with liquids, and doing very good with walking around. Did any of you have to have an Upper GI test day after surgery? I did to look for leaks. Everything went well!

Looking forward to updates.

How much post-op Water are y'all getting in a day?

Tomorrow morning is surgery. I'm arriving at 5:30 AM :) Cannot wait..

You got this! Good luck with everything, I know you'll do great :)

I know I'm getting in at least 48-64 oz. You do know to count everything like broth, Jello, popsicles along with water or Decaf tea/coffee toward your liquid intake right? That makes it much easier to get in the liquids.

I know I'm getting in at least 48-64 oz. You do know to count everything like broth, Jello, popsicles along with water or Decaf tea/coffee toward your liquid intake right? That makes it much easier to get in the liquids.

Yeah 64 oz minimum. But thankfully counting other things goes toward that amount. It's the Protein intake I'm struggling with. Just not feeling "food" at this point. Day two was for sure the worst of them all and each day I wake up it's a little bit more tolerable. I can't wait for the moment I jump on a scale and see -15 or more!!!

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah 64 oz minimum. But thankfully counting other things goes toward that amount. It's the Protein intake I'm struggling with. Just not feeling "food" at this point. Day two was for sure the worst of them all and each day I wake up it's a little bit more tolerable. I can't wait for the moment I jump on a scale and see -15 or more!!!

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

Which Protein Shakes do you do? I use Premier that have 30 grams of Protein. Makes it easy to get in at least 60 grams with just 2 shakes. I also use Boost that are 16 grams. I'm not hungry at all, and the liquid is keeping me satisfied. I know the day will come when food will be a reality again, but at this point not too worried about it. Mind you doesn't mean I'm loving the broth and jello anymore!!!

Man I'm glad you guys had a smooth time. I woke up screaming. Slept the last 2 days away. Woke up about 7:30 last night feeling some what normal. I'm getting dilaudid every two houses and a nausea med every four. Praying today is a better day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App[/quote

how are you feeling now Amber???

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

How is everyone feeling today? To be honest I am a mess. My emotions have taken over and I can cry at the drop of a hat. Ugh. Talked with the surgeon and they suggested an anxiety med for a bit. Which is helping in my time of need. Hopefully it will all go away when I start to feel like wife mother human again.

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

I woke up today in better spirits. Still nauseous, still have pain, and still cant get all my protien/fluids in BUT I got up, took a shower, put make up on and am determined to start living my life again. Im so exhausted but am hopeful it can only get better. I also take an anxiety med... it helps a lot!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using the BariatricPal App

Ashlie M, I'm so sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with all this. I hope things improve very quickly for you.

I woke up this morning wanting my pain meds (oxycodone). I took that and some liquid tylenol and pain was more manageable. I was able to get outside and walk to the corner of the street and back with my daughter. Felt good to be outside. It is a beautiful sunshiny Northeast Ohio day today and the neighbors are out and life is going on outside the window! Big happening on my street today; a car drove through the front of a house. I live on a very quiet bedroom community cul-de-sac, and things like this just don't happen around here! So, news trucks, fire trucks from surrounding cities, SERT team and Search and Collapse Teams, along with police have been on the street all day. Can't wait for the news later.

I'm praying for all my fellow surgery peeps that everyone is feeling better. Each day brings new hope. I hope those of you who are having difficulty find some peace and healing, and a lot less pain in the week to come.

Sorry Ashlie M, I thought it was you who stated you woke up screaming. It was Amber. I hope you are doing better Amber. This surgery is a major change to our innards, and unfortunately that involves quite a bit of healing. I know the pain..I've got it too. We will get through this. Stay positive and keep looking forward. You will get to that point where the pain is less than the excitement and encouragement of the weight loss.