Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

Welcome katgio52.... everyone questions it right after surgery. Hell I even broke down once and I'm not an emotional person.. I'm two weeks out tomorrow and I can honestly say I never thought I would have felt this good just 13 days after.. I feel better than normal, because my normal sucked..

Ktprimo congrats on the swimming and you gave perfect advise..

I'll find out Thursday when I do my 2 weeks checkup. Really 16 days but the only one counting is me because I want Beans and eggs..lol

Welcome katgio52.... everyone questions it right after surgery. Hell I even broke down once and I'm not an emotional person.. I'm two weeks out tomorrow and I can honestly say I never thought I would have felt this good just 13 days after.. I feel better than normal, because my normal sucked..

Ktprimo congrats on the swimming and you gave perfect advise..

I'll find out Thursday when I do my 2 weeks checkup. Really 16 days but the only one counting is me because I want Beans and eggs..lol

I am with you! I feel better than my normal because my normal sucked too.

I had good first week, almost stalled second. HW 200, SW 198.6, CW 188.2. Wished I could have maintained the pound a day loss I started with, but I'll accept any loss! I hadn't lost a single pound in years. I never took measurements--maybe today.

I had good first week, almost stalled second. HW 200, SW 198.6, CW 188.2. Wished I could have maintained the pound a day loss I started with, but I'll accept any loss! I hadn't lost a single pound in years. I never took measurements--maybe today.

So I was 258 or so before I started my pre-op Clear Liquids, 255 the day of surgery, today I was 241.5 so I guess I am down 16/17lbs or so? This is all on my home scale which I am not sure is that reliable. Whatever it is… I'll take it.

Today is my 2 week post op (June 29) and I am now cleared to swim and eat mushies and I am so glad to be able to get Protein from other sources than shakes BUT I have felt guilty all day every time I put something in my mouth thinking I am overdoing it.

Here is what I had all day: A banana for Breakfast, 1 egg scrambled with moz cheese and mushrooms for lunch and 1/2 hamburger patty for dinner (no roll) plus Water in between meals. I'm down 25.5 since my pre-op diet (15.5 since surgery). My husband thinks I'm crazy and says I'm doing great. I'm guessing I will get used to eating real food and that guilty feeling will go away.

U can have hamburger at 2 weeks out???

So I'm two weeks out... I was 290 before surgery!!! I'm currently 268 so I'm down 22 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm starting soft foods and kinda lost of what to have... I don't eat fish or seafood of any kind including tuna, hate cottage cheese. Been having eggs, lunch meat. Was told I can have steamed boiled vegetables... I so want some cooked broccoli and cheese!!!

Also I hate yogurt... tried finding sugar free custard at Walmart last night but didn't have any.

So I'm two weeks out... I was 290 before surgery!!! I'm currently 268 so I'm down 22 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm starting soft foods and kinda lost of what to have... I don't eat fish or seafood of any kind including tuna, hate cottage cheese. Been having eggs, lunch meat. Was told I can have steamed boiled vegetables... I so want some cooked broccoli and cheese!!!

Also I hate yogurt... tried finding sugar free custard at Walmart last night but didn't have any.

Baked ricotta is great. Google shelly's baked ricotta.

Have to tell you all about my recent discussion with my best friend of nearly 30 years. Again she decided to tell me that she wishes I hadn't done it because now I'll have a bunch of skinny friends and won't want to talk to her anymore. And that I'm going to change my personality so much she won't even want to be around me.

I have been so confused by her insane ideas about how I'm going to change. I tried to reassure her that my appearance will change but I'll still be the same person on the inside. And that if I do change my personality at all, I would only be a little more confident and outgoing though I don't think that will happen because I've been shy and insecure my entire life.

I had a discussion about it with my husband and he said she's basically warning me that she is going to change when I lose weight and that she isn't going to like me being thin while she stays fat so I will have to find new friends. Then it dawned on me- if she brings this up again I'm going to flip it on her and ask her "if you had the surgery and I didn't, would you stop being my friend just because you lost weight? Would you change so much that I wouldn't be able to stand you anyway?" Don't know if it will help but I suppose it's worth a shot.

I am so sick of everyone acting like I had a chunk of my brain removed instead of my stomach!

I'm so sick of the rude comments they mask with their "concern" for my well being. Like my mother who is pissed off I did this because she says it's ridiculous to starve yourself to lose weight instead of doing it the "right way" like she has and going to a clinic for b-12 shots and meetings with a dietician. (Though I've done that and much more than that and failed my whole life at losing the weight long-term)

I just needed to vent. I wish the people in my life could realize that if they can't truly be happy for me and supportive and respect my choice then we don't need to discuss this at all.

@ktprimo. Well, I think your friend is somewhat right, you ARE going to change and these changes may affect your friendship. So excuse the soapbox preaching, but here's my take on why.

I spent most of my life as a skinny girl. Although I had friends and family that were overweight and obese, I didn't spend a lot of time with them because out focus and interests were greatly different. When you're slim, you will be active. Your life won't revolve around food. You will want to do more stuff that active friends do (biking, hiking, swimming, clothes shopping, dancing etc.). Just remember how NOT fun those types of activities were when you were obese. I know my overweight friends are the ones I do food dates, movies with popcorn and candy, cooking, and drinking with. I had to leave that life behind with my stomach in the surgical waste. So I plan on changing. A lot! And for the better!

Now that's not to say you can't be friends still, but the relationship will change. It has to if you change. We all have to change or we will be back to our old selves.

I refuse to be the fat me anymore. The skinny girl wants to come back out!

@ktprimo. Well, I think your friend is somewhat right, you ARE going to change and these changes may affect your friendship. So excuse the soapbox preaching, but here's my take on why.

I spent most of my life as a skinny girl. Although I had friends and family that were overweight and obese, I didn't spend a lot of time with them because out focus and interests were greatly different. When you're slim, you will be active. Your life won't revolve around food. You will want to do more stuff that active friends do (biking, hiking, swimming, clothes shopping, dancing etc.). Just remember how NOT fun those types of activities were when you were obese. I know my overweight friends are the ones I do food dates, movies with popcorn and candy, cooking, and drinking with. I had to leave that life behind with my stomach in the surgical waste. So I plan on changing. A lot! And for the better!

Now that's not to say you can't be friends still, but the relationship will change. It has to if you change. We all have to change or we will be back to our old selves.

I refuse to be the fat me anymore. The skinny girl wants to come back out!

Thanks. You have a point. It still just seems so odd to me that she's making such a big deal out of it like I'll never talk to her again. We are grown women with totally separate lives already. I own two companies that I manage myself and already hardly see her or any of my friends for that matter. She's single with three kids and I'm married with one. I don't go out partying because I'm too old for that crap and she's single so she goes out to find a man. Our lives are so different but we still make it a point to visit at least once every month to two months. I have no clue why weight loss would suddenly change that. I can still join her for dinner once a month, I just can't eat a whole lot. And my weight loss would never change the fact that I'm there for her every time she has a crisis or just needs to talk.

Basically weight loss won't change my heart and how much I care about her or the fact that we've been best friends through thick and thin since we were 5 years old.

Ok then. She's just jealous! Lol. People. Gotta love them!

Lol. I wish there were another reason I could come up with, like she's just insecure. I haven't wanted to admit to myself that she is truly just so jealous that she may dump our friendship if I lose weight and she doesn't. Especially since I've always been there for her even when she lost tons of weight years ago while I struggled and couldn't, and still when she put it back on and I was losing with weight watchers and only managed to keep it off for a year. Not sure what has changed now. Ugh! Makes me mad. Maybe I do need new friends. :(

Thanks for listening to me vent. Just needed to get it off my chest.