Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

Hey everyone, I'm on soft foods, tilapia,tuna salad,scrambled eggs, humus,bean dip, etc..

Still doing at least one Protein shake a day for protien, I found primere protien shakes @@sam's that have 30g 160 calories and very few carbs. $15 for 12 shakes.< /p>

I've also been utilizing the P3 protien packs, grilled chicken variety. Walmart has a coupon currently that makes them only $1. They are 11g protien and 110 calories, the fill me up and are tasty.

HW- 353

SW-337

CW-303

Have to tell you all I bought a veggeti maker from Walmart and tried it tonight to make zucchini and squash noodles. I made two small different dishes for my family out of 2 zucchini and 3 small squash. I sautéed half in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic until browned and OMG!! That was sooo good! Then I boiled the rest and covered them in shrimp and a basil pesto sauce. They are loving my healthy meals. Lol

I am having so much fun finding recipes on Pinterest for new, appetizing, low carb and high Protein foods.

Hey everyone, I'm on soft foods, tilapia,tuna salad,scrambled eggs, humus,bean dip, etc..

Still doing at least one Protein shake a day for protien, I found primere protien shakes @@sam's that have 30g 160 calories and very few carbs. $15 for 12 shakes.< /p>

I've also been utilizing the P3 protien packs, grilled chicken variety. Walmart has a coupon currently that makes them only $1. They are 11g protien and 110 calories, the fill me up and are tasty.

HW- 353

SW-337

CW-303

The premier shakes are the best I've found and I love the vanilla in my coffee. Also, love the P3 Protein chicken packs. Thanks for the coupon tip for Walmart. I'll have to stock up because my family has been eating them too.

Sooo happy for you and your weight loss!

Hi All! I haven't checked in for a bit. I hurt my back right after surgery (like a week later) then received from that and then strained it again! Such a bummer when you cannot take advil. Anyway I am up and going again but very weak. I am phasing in solids now and find that the amount I can eat varies completely by what I am eating. Fish I can usually do 3-4 ozs and other kind of meat ( mostly chicken or burger patty) I can only do about 2 ozs at this point. I am eating about 600-800 cals a day but really not going above 60 grams of Protein mostly because I can't stand the Protein drinks. I am in the middle of a stall for the past week but I am down about 20-22lbs if you count my 2-day clear liquid diet. I have been following your thread as a fellow 6/30 patient but have been so busy haven't been able to post much.

Edited to say that I find that I can eat about 1/2 cup of egg salad or more (so I need to stay away) or only 2ozs of tuna salad or deli meat like ham or turkey. I am going to try to stay away from the foods like egg salad since I can eat much more of that and focus on the ones that give me more restriction. I am also thinking of experimenting with different things to make my tuna salad with like avocado instead of lf mayo.< /p>

Sorry about your back. That must have been awful to deal with so soon after surgery. How did you hurt it?

I was wondering where you went off to. I'm glad to hear from you again. 22lbs lost in a month is an awesome achievement! I'm happy for you!

The avocado is awesome in chicken salad. A tsp of plain Greek yogurt helps to moisten it a bit too.

I've just gotten clearance for regular foods this week. Already discovered that beef, pork, and nuts do not agree with my new stomach. I am loving seafood and veggies tho. Feel super satisfied. Just been having a weird craving for fudgesicles. Doesn't help that my family has been indulging in them lately with it so hot outside. This craving is so weird since I did not like chocolate much before surgery and was not a big ice cream eater. Although I did crave them while pregnant. Gonna have to be sure that's not the case now. lol

Edited by Ktprimo

I'm not sure how, but I never opened the five cartons of chicken broth I bought. Oh well, I'll make Soup later this fall.

Hi everyone! Happy 1 month!!

I am down 23 pounds and 35 inches total!! Even though I'm so happy about that I think I could have lost more this past week.

This last weekend I was moving out of my college apartment. My roommates and I moved, cleaned, and laughed about memories and I took a little break from focusing on my water/protein/carb intake. I was still very careful about HOW I ate, but since we were so busy I don't think they noticed. Since I was sad about leaving my college town, I had a few meals from my favorite places- which included A Breakfast taco (and please don't judge me) which included the homemade tortilla and all. - granted it took me over 7 hours to eat it and I didn't even finish it.

Throughout the 4 weeks I haven't been great at getting my Protein in everyday, but since I just got a membership to SAMs things are going to change! I got the 30 pack of premier shakes and a huge tub of it so I can make like a mocha frappe in my magic bullet!!

For exercise I've been swimming and walking (especially a lot on those nights when I waitress!)

Hope everyone is doing great and look forward to everyone's everyday progress!!!

I'm down 36lbs from SW (45lbs from HW) and realized though the scale isn't moving as fast as it was its been 36 days since surgery so I've technically lost a pound a day. It's a darn shame it can't go as quickly as it has been forever.

I am also super excited because I now have less than 100lbs to lose!!

Finally doesn't feel so darn overwhelming! Makes me pretty confident I can manage to make it to onderland within the next 8 months :)

How's everyone else doing?

Anyone else get caught up in daily activities and life enough yet to almost forget about surgery and your limits? I took a big gulp of Water last night and choked horribly on the acid that came up because of it. Also catch myself forgetting meals or not drinking enough because I lose track of time.

It does feel great to finally feel good and like I can get back to life without dwelling on the struggles of the first month like fatigue and inability to figure out what to eat or not eat.

And it feels frickin amazing to have people noticing the weight loss already. I am totally loving my sleeve! Hope you all are too!!

I am down 23 pounds and 35 inches total!! Even though I'm so happy about that I think I could have lost more this past week.

This last weekend I was moving out of my college apartment. My roommates and I moved, cleaned, and laughed about memories and I took a little break from focusing on my water/protein/carb intake. I was still very careful about HOW I ate, but since we were so busy I don't think they noticed. Since I was sad about leaving my college town, I had a few meals from my favorite places- which included A Breakfast taco (and please don't judge me) which included the homemade tortilla and all. - granted it took me over 7 hours to eat it and I didn't even finish it.

Throughout the 4 weeks I haven't been great at getting my Protein in everyday, but since I just got a membership to SAMs things are going to change! I got the 30 pack of premier shakes and a huge tub of it so I can make like a mocha frappe in my magic bullet!!

For exercise I've been swimming and walking (especially a lot on those nights when I waitress!)

Hope everyone is doing great and look forward to everyone's everyday progress!!!

Hope you're all settled in after your move. Did you graduate recently or just move to another location while you finish school?

What did you major in?

(Sorry so many questions but you got me curious. Also sorry I didn't ask when you first posted. Been so busy I didn't have time to ask until now.)

I've made it to overweight and left obesity BMI behind! Woo hoo. Today was five week mark, down 21 pounds from SW. I can eat small amounts of nearly anything, but I'm keeping things soft. Haven't tried any vegetables other than those cooked really well and mashable. I cannot imagine eating raw vegetables or a salad. I always loved salads....I can honestly say I am never hungry. Even head hunger is gone. I eat because I have to and when I eat I concentrate on Protein. I really don't worry about the other statistics--protein keeps me so full that carbs and fats are really relevant. LOVE my sleeve!

I've made it to overweight and left obesity BMI behind! Woo hoo. Today was five week mark, down 21 pounds from SW. I can eat small amounts of nearly anything, but I'm keeping things soft. Haven't tried any vegetables other than those cooked really well and mashable. I cannot imagine eating raw vegetables or a salad. I always loved salads....I can honestly say I am never hungry. Even head hunger is gone. I eat because I have to and when I eat I concentrate on Protein. I really don't worry about the other statistics--protein keeps me so full that carbs and fats are really relevant. LOVE my sleeve!

congrats!! So happy for you! Sure can't wait until I can be done with obesity for good too! :)

Hope you're all settled in after your move. Did you graduate recently or just move to another location while you finish school?

What did you major in?

(Sorry so many questions but you got me curious. Also sorry I didn't ask when you first posted. Been so busy I didn't have time to ask until now.)

I just graduated in May! My major was dance education with a minor in special education- dance team and classes are big in high school in Texas! So not only do I get to teach, I get to workout for my job - which will be so much easier now!!

My surgeon's office has them--but only once a month. I really like and need the group setting, so I wish there were more. I'm contemplating going to OA meetings. Now that I'm post op, I truly realize that I have a food addiction. No surgery cures that.