Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

I'm finally now four days post op able to get liquids down better and I'm not as tired as the first couple of days.

Ten days now and I feel close to normal. I have to carry some kind of Liquid Protein with me because weakness will overtake me if I don't stay on top of my Protein input. Dr says I can start a few puréed foods now but no more than one new thing every day or two. I haven't yet, not sure why, but I can't wait to rid myself of whey protein!

I feel fine. On purred since Tuesday. Only time I know I've had surgery is when I'm approaching 3-4oz range with my puréed food then I feel nauseas. Not fun. I recommend refried Beans, shelly's baked ricotta and puréed turkey chili. I thin everything with fat free sour cream.

I've been having this weird stitch in my right side. It's not near any of my incisions and it's pretty constant. It hurts worst when I lean over something. Has anyone felt this or have any idea what it could be?

I'm did pretty good today. Managed to drink a whole shake this morning and got 30g of Protein in early. Worked in my office for a while, Cleaned house, Did some shopping and then cooked dinner for my family. I can finally bend again too. Going to see Garth Brooks tomorrow night in NOLA. Praying if I drink 2 Protein Shakes tomorrow I'll be able to handle the long walks and standing in line to get in. I know I'll be exhausted but It's so worth it for Garth. Lol

@@Ktprimo Jealous!

I love NOLA.. enjoy the show. I saw him years ago in San Antonio.. he did 6 straight shows at the Alamodome.. it was awesome

We flew to MN to see him last year and he was awesome! We were so excited when he announced he would be coming to NOLA. A three hour drive isn't as bad as flying all the way up north to see him. Lol

Just gonna have to avoid spending too much time on Bourbon street and remember to squeeze in a nap today because the show is at 10:30pm and he sings until like 2am!

Sooo can't wait to see him again. He is an awesome entertainer!

Well the concert was awesome, as expected and even better than when we saw him in MN. He played until 2am and sang every one of our favorites. I enjoyed it but had the weirdest experience. It was as if the vibrations from the loud music caused me stomach pain and discomfort. I know we walked nearly two miles and climbed lots of stairs and ramps on our way in but I didn't hurt until the music started. It was so strange. My incisions were hurting along my left side too. Lol. I managed to sing along and have fun through the weird pain tho. Lol

So proud of myself for two major moments- I sat in a restaurant with my family for lunch and watched them eat all of my Cajun favorites while I sipped Water. I did have a little spoon of juice from my daughters red Beans and rice and a tiny taste of gumbo but other than that it didn't bother me. Also watched them eat pizza for dinner while I sipped my Protein Shake. Oddly...I wasn't hungry but in my head I knew how good it would have felt before surgery to stuff myself with all those foods and had a moment I missed it. Now I know it would hurt like hell so it was easier to just enjoy watching them enjoy it. :)

My husband told me he was so proud of me and amazed by my will power. I had to explain that it's not will power, it's just the desire not to kill myself by ripping open my new stomach with foods that won't fit. Lol

That's an awesome story.. I feel ur pain.i woke up this morning to a house infused with freshly cooked bacon.. I thought to myself are u kidding me? I had to go outside. Some smells are just too much right now. Especially knowing that I still have three more weeks before I can have soft foods. 6 weeks total of liquids and purees when it's all said and done.. for some reason I didn't realize it would be this long. ..lol