Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

I did one shake today. I really can't do another. I added some Greek yogurt to some butternut squash Soup but I am still short on Protein today.

I only got in 2 oz of strawberry low fat yogurt, 2 oz of G2, 2oz of broth with a quarter scoop of protein and 6oz of Water. Not even close to the recommended daily protein or Fluid intake. Don't know how I'm gonna do this. I don't wanna eat or drink at all. Never thought I'd hate the idea of food and drink so much. I don't even know how to tell if I'm full cuz I constantly feel full and I'm force feeding myself. Thought I was doing good this morning until I realized how little I consumed. Hope tomorrow is better.

I feel the same way - it's like I feel so bloated I may pop!

Question: do yall get over heated really quickly? And does anyone feel pain when the take a deep breath?

I did one shake today. I really can't do another. I added some Greek yogurt to some butternut squash Soup but I am still short on Protein today.

I only got in 2 oz of strawberry low fat yogurt, 2 oz of G2, 2oz of broth with a quarter scoop of protein and 6oz of Water. Not even close to the recommended daily protein or Fluid intake. Don't know how I'm gonna do this. I don't wanna eat or drink at all. Never thought I'd hate the idea of food and drink so much. I don't even know how to tell if I'm full cuz I constantly feel full and I'm force feeding myself. Thought I was doing good this morning until I realized how little I consumed. Hope tomorrow is better.

Question: do yall get over heated really quickly? And does anyone feel pain when the take a deep breath?

I feel pain with deep breath and coughing. I thought it might be my hernia repair.

I just made instant miso Soup. Package in boiling Water type. After I stirred in I put all of it into my nutribullet and emolsyphied it to all liquid. I've been sipping for over an hour. Good flavor. It feel medicinal like it helping heal me.. just a thought

I forgot to tell my hubby to get miso when he went to the store :(

Sounds yummy tho. Will have to get some soon.

I did laundry today. Stood for 30 minutes folding and started sweating profusely and got shaky I think it was because I haven't really consumed enough of anything to have energy to move. My body must have quickly used up the Vitamins and left me with nothing to function with. But oddly when I'm sitting still I am freezing. Constantly have to stay covered. So strange. Lol. But I do have the deep breath issue. Hurts most by my biggest incision and in my left rib cage. Does feel like muscle strain. I remember feeling the same after my two other surgeries years ago. Took a long while for the muscles to heal. Don't hesitate to ask your doctor if it gets unbearable.

Yes! And I hear it is a good thing! Body is burning stored energy! As for the pain when breathing, YES to that too! My surgeon says it's common and that it's important to keep it up so your lungs stay clear!

What is miso Soup?

Yummy mushroom broth with bits of tofu and seaweed. Usually served at Japanese sushi bars. Very soothing even when you're not recovering from surgery. Be sure to blend it like @@barbado mentioned earlier. Oh and you can find it in little packets at Walmart. It's really worth a try if you've never had it. May sound gross but it is really good.

Edited by Ktprimo

Bnm4... I'm in the same boat. Never been in a hospital.. the miso Soup is great. Plus it's only about $1 per bowl so it will take us awhile to finish.. another bonus! Low food bills!!

So, how is everyone doing on our 5th day post-op?

My energy is a bit low and still haven't been able to go for walks outside. I get tired, sweaty and shaky just standing too long or walking around my house and cleaning. I'm enjoying yogurts though I used to hate them and still struggling to keep sipping all day to get fluids in. I still have no clue when I've eaten enough because I have to stop before 2oz since I'm constantly full... but on the very bright side I'm down 14lbs as of this morning and under 300lbs!! Woohoo!

Edited by Ktprimo

I'm pretty puny today too. But I woke up in the middle of the night coughing and wasn't able to go back to sleep.

I'm not allowed to have yogurt yet???? I love yogurt. I have until next Wednesday on Soups, juices, and Popsicles.

I'm pretty puny today too. But I woke up in the middle of the night coughing and wasn't able to go back to sleep.

I'm not allowed to have yogurt yet???? I love yogurt. I have until next Wednesday on Soups, juices, and Popsicles.

Ok...I feel crappy for talking about yogurts when you can't have them yet. :( I'm sorry.

I mostly eat broth because I prefer salty but the yogurts are helping me mix it up a bit. I do have a good tip for a tasty Soup though. If you can get some unjury chicken Soup Protein it tastes awesome mixed with any chicken broth or chicken noodle soup (especially Lipton chicken noodle soup) instead of Water. Even better if you add a couple spoons of cream of chicken. Just be sure to strain out all the noodles and chicken chunks. It is sooo satisfying to have a different thicker flavor and yet still a clear liquid as long as you don't overdo the cream of chicken.

Also, so sorry you aren't feeling so great. I hope you squeeze in a nap today. Any weight loss to be happy about yet? Or avoiding the scale until your first weigh-in?