Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

I'm scheduled for tomorrow (June 30th) at 9 am!

CW: 285

Height: 5'9"

Goal: 160-175 (although anything in the hundreds would be sooooo sweet!)

Yay June 30th people

Ok here. Rough first day with gas pain and IV trouble (my veins seem to have gotten scared and disappeared before surgery. Lol)

I am amazed by how little I can sip and how little I am hungry. I was so afraid i would be starving after surgery and well now I don't even want to think about food.

I had a small moment yesterday when the pain was at it's worst in recovery and I thought "OMG! What have I done to myself?!" Then it passed and I'm so excited it's over and my journey can begin.

How was it for all of you? A lot like you've read of everyone's experiences or totally different?

I'm just sore right now and I try to walk a such as I can to get rid of the gas pain - and walking does help!!

I feel like my main issue will be getting back on my sleeping pattern. Because I napped so much during the day, I woke up at a weird time this morning which is going to make me want to nap all day. And so the cycle will continue. But considering its my worse issue currently- I'm considering myself blessed

Other then really sore ribs (from the inside out) I feel normal. Temperatures of either broth or Jello (while it's still in my mouth) start these weird mini sparks along my ribs. But for those, I could slurp down small amounts of either. The weirdest thing is I can't taste them hardly at all. I've never read any one else say that, so somewhat unexpected. Going home in a few hours!

I am about to head home! And the best news is they've already taken me off a blood pressure medication for good!! Yay!!! They plan to wean me off the other after my follow-up visit. I'm so excited! So glad to hear y'all are doing well too!

Other then really sore ribs (from the inside out) I feel normal. Temperatures of either broth or Jello (while it's still in my mouth) start these weird mini sparks along my ribs. But for those, I could slurp down small amounts of either. The weirdest thing is I can't taste them hardly at all. I've never read any one else say that, so somewhat unexpected. Going home in a few hours!

I just learned what you meant by "mini sparks" along your ribs. Haha

Every time I take a sip the liquid goes down and the tiny "sparks" or millions of tiny air bubbles stream upward. It's almost like I'm drinking something overly carbonated and it's tickling my stomach. Although the sharp stabbing sensation I get in my chest shortly after absolutely sucks.

I can only burp to get rid of air while walking. I know this is TMI but I am unable to expel the air from the other direction and really wish I could cuz it seems as if that's where it's all at. The RN at the hospital said not to worry and it will pass in time but I haven't had any luck yet. Am I the only one that feels as if my intestines are on strike?

You're not the only one! They are on strike! I'm feeling like crap tonight. I just keep reading posts reminding me this too shall pass!

This is one of those things I'm both sad and glad to know I'm not alone in. I'm glad I'm not just abnormal but so sad u r going thru it too.

Sorry you're feeling so crappy. Don't skip the pain meds if they sent you home with some. There's no sense in suffering if you absolutely don't have to. I intend to use them for at least 3 days as needed so I can get the rest I need and not allow myself to overdo it.

@@Ktprimo omg I'm having the exact same feeling. Every time I drink something I get a weird sharp sensation in my stomach and then air bubbles that come up. ???? I'm only 4 days out but I'm hoping this will go away soon.

@@Ktprimo omg I'm having the exact same feeling. Every time I drink something I get a weird sharp sensation in my stomach and then air bubbles that come up. ???? I'm only 4 days out but I'm hoping this will go away soon.

I took the antacid they gave me about 15 minutes ago. I'm hoping it helps. My intestines are finally working normally as of this morning. Afraid maybe it has something to do with the fact that I woke up lying on my stomach. I suppose the pain meds they gave me really work because I have no clue how I ended up sleeping on my stomach and not in severe pain. Lol

I feel much better today. Still a little groggy and struggling to get in enough liquid since I hate the bubble sensation but I am totally enjoying this constant full feeling and having no real interest in food. So far I love my sleeve. :)

My goodness I've been so out of it!!! I totally forgot to take pain meds AND the antacids they gave me! No wonder I feel like crap. Thanks for reminding me the obvious! My brain isn't working.