Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

Hi Ktprimo,

I'm being sleeved on June 29.

Surgeon: Dr. Neil Floch in Connecticut

SW: 258

Height: 5'6"

Goal W: 150

I would be happy at 175 - the lowest I have ever been in my life is 192 and I must say - I felt and looked great. I will be starting my pre-op diet this Saturday. :D

One day ahead of me! Yay!

I see you are like me and setting smaller goals first which feel a bit more attainable. I personally feel afraid to set myself up to believe I can lose it all and then feel like a failure if I don't. I haven't weighed 215 since junior year in high school and I haven't weighed 199 since maybe my freshman year. (I'm 35 now so it's been a really long time)

I can't imagine being that size again.

I have a massive bone structure for a woman, so I am fearful of how I may look if I get too thin. Even my PCP suggested I aim for no lower than 175 to maintain optimal health. It puts me above my BMI goal on the chart but I suppose we will see how it goes if I get there and decide losing a bit more won't hurt. :)

I'd be so happy to keep up with you and hear how your journey goes! It feels good to know I won't be alone in my fears, nervousness or recovery that week. Please feel free to private message me or keep up with me here in this post.

What does your pre-op diet entail? I suppose I'm lucky that I only have one day of liquids before surgery.

Especially since I'll be on vacation in New York from the 25th until the 29th.

Happy to stay in touch, I will send a friend request.

I will have a 5 day pre-op diet. It will consist of the Bariatric Advantage Protein powder with skim, soy or almond milk 3x a day

yogurt twice a day and sugar free Jello and no sugar added popsicles for Snacks.

beverages can be Decaf coffee, crystal light, diet snapple, herbal tea and Water.

I think like you - I won't need to loose a whole lot to look good.

And by the way - you are not alone in your fears - I have been having all kinds of crazy thoughts of not waking up after surgery or what if something goes wrong, but I have to stay positive and remind myself to stay sane.

Hi .

Happy to stay in touch, I will send a friend request.

I will have a 5 day pre-op diet. It will consist of the Bariatric Advantage Protein powder with skim, soy or almond milk 3x a day

yogurt twice a day and sugar free Jello and no sugar added popsicles for Snacks.

beverages can be Decaf coffee, crystal light, diet snapple, herbal tea and Water.

I think like you - I won't need to loose a whole lot to look good.

And by the way - you are not alone in your fears - I have been having all kinds of crazy thoughts of not waking up after surgery or what if something goes wrong, but I have to stay positive and remind myself to stay sane.

Any "food funerals" before you start?

I have been eating shrimp gumbo for three days. I keep thinking if I eat it enough I will get sick of it and never miss it after surgery. Lol. (I'm obviously a pure Louisiana Cajun huh! Lol)

So glad I'm not alone in my fears but I'm probably alone in my freaky dreams. Lol. I woke up in a cold sweat a couple nights ago. Dreamt I was pigging out on a huge platter of what appeared to be thanksgiving day foods (which is weird cuz that's not really my favorite foods and I never dream... much less dream of food) and mid-way through my husband said "OMG?! What about your sleeve" and I looked down and I was in a hospital gown and my stomach was bleeding.

I can break that one down psychologically and know I'm afraid I'll fail or overeat and destroy my sleeve. But wow! That was a scary one! My sanity may not remain intact until June 30th. Haha

June 30 for me too! I'm not sure what time.

I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas and my Dr. is Lloyd Stegeman.

Current weight 219

Type II Diabetic

Goal weight 140

Let's stay in touch

I've been on a food funeral for two weeks. I almost wished I was on a two week pre op diet!

I've been on a food funeral for two weeks. I almost wished I was on a two week pre op diet!

Haha. It's been Two weeks for me too! Realized there isn't enough time or room even in my current stomach size to fit it all or eat a little of it all! Lmao. I've even got my husband, daughter and siblings suggesting foods I better eat before the 30th! Lol

I'm trying to do it in moderation tho. No need to gain 20 extra pounds to lose after surgery.

June 30 for me too! I'm not sure what time.

I'm in Corpus Christi, Texas and my Dr. is Lloyd Stegeman.

Current weight 219

Type II Diabetic

Goal weight 140

Let's stay in touch

Definitely happy to keep in touch!

I'll add you as a friend. :)

I didn't have a food funeral...but I did kinda have a wine funeral. I'm on the 2 week liquid diet and I wished I did eat whatever I wanted because right now, I would die just to chew something. But I know I can get through this and it will be all worth it.

Edited by roseluv3

I can't have an alcohol funeral until the end of the week when I've totally weaned off a fibromyalgia med. But I have my bottle of Cupcake Moscato D'Asti ready for Sunday. Lol

Ktprimo... I'm with you, June 30th.

SW: 353

Height : 6'0

Goal: 220

Yay! Another buddy!

So happy to have so many wonderful people getting sleeved with me!!