Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

Finishing the first of my three day liquid diet. I have to drink a special Meal Replacement that is full of sugar. It's not the post-op shake. Yuck. However, it's the only pre-op I have to do so I'll just suck it up. I'm a 33.3 BMI so no liver shrinkage necessary. I'm so excited about Tuesday!

My BMI is much higher than yours but my doc feels that pre-op liquid diets can't shrink a liver enough if fatty liver problems already exist. I know there is a small chance he may have to open me up and skip laparoscopic surgery if my liver is too fatty or my scar tissue from previous surgeries gets in the way so I'm just hoping I'll be lucky and he won't have to. I've enjoyed being able to eat normal food while on vacation but vacation has also made me even more tired of being so darn fat. Vacationing in New York while struggling to walk and climb stairs is no fun. I am sooo excited Tuesday is almost here!! I never thought my fear would almost completely be replaced with shear excitement. Only 2 days until we can join the losers bench!! Yay!!

I start my preop full liquid diet tomorrow... then Clear Liquids Sunday and monday. I wish everyone luck!!! I'm not sure how to friend on here but feel free I would like to keep up with everyone so we be of support to each other!!!

Started clears this morning. I'm tired of food so I'm ok so far! Looking forward to getting this done!!

Hi Ktprimo,

I'm being sleeved on June 29.

Surgeon: Dr. Neil Floch in Connecticut

SW: 258

Height: 5'6"

Goal W: 150

I would be happy at 175 - the lowest I have ever been in my life is 192 and I must say - I felt and looked great. I will be starting my pre-op diet this Saturday. :D

I am june 30th and I have EXACtlY the same height and starting weight as you! I got down to 145 with my band (gained it all back after a few years) but I KNOW it is possible.

hey everyone I was sleeved June 16th - 12 days post op :)

MissKateE how are you doing? What are your stats!

Last day before the first day of our new lives!! How's everyone feeling?

....Nervous, excited, afraid ???

I'm a bundle of mixed emotions. More calm than I thought I would be but mostly excited to begin this new journey.

I am feeling so weak and headachy from the clear liquid diet that I am almost looking forward to the anesthesia to relive me of my misery! Haha just joking. I'm doing ok. I got the call that I need to be there at 6 Am tomorrow! means leaving the house at 5:15.

I wish it was only a headache! I have "dumping" from this special liquid I have to drink. Its main ingredient is high fructose corn Syrup, then sugar, then a boatload of Vitamins. It's a "surgery support" Meal Replacement. Totally not allowed after surgery, but I've had to drink five a day for three days. Two more boxes left and surgery tomorrow! I'm going to go in to this thing already dehydrated!

I wish it was only a headache! I have "dumping" from this special liquid I have to drink. Its main ingredient is high fructose corn Syrup, then sugar, then a boatload of Vitamins. It's a "surgery support" meal replacement. Totally not allowed after surgery, but I've had to drink five a day for three days. Two more boxes left and surgery tomorrow! I'm going to go in to this thing already dehydrated!

has your doc said if the dumping from the liquid is normal?

It is pretty awful to start off dehydrated.

I am feeling so weak and headachy from the clear liquid diet that I am almost looking forward to the anesthesia to relive me of my misery! Haha just joking. I'm doing ok. I got the call that I need to be there at 6 Am tomorrow! means leaving the house at 5:15.

I'm sorry to hear you are hurting so much that you are looking forward to anesthesia. But at least you know you get to get it over with really quick. I've gotta wait until 12:30. My nerves are gonna get bad by the time I finally get wheeled in. I wish it was early morning so I'd have less time to think about it.

Wishing you the best! Hopefully the extra hydration from IV fluids will ease the headaches.

I'm so ready to get this over with...I have been having this yucky taste in my mouth all day. I have to be there at 7:30 in the morning. Good luck everyone

7:30 surgery for me! Check in at 6 am. I'm chugging G2. Never drank it before but I'm terrified of being dehydrated tomorrow morning and it goes down easier than Water. When I had my gall bladder out in March it took them eight tries to get the IV in and were almost going to have to do a "cut down" to start the fluids. I might be peeing all night but I don't care, hydrating until midnight!

7:30 surgery for me! Check in at 6 am. I'm chugging G2. Never drank it before but I'm terrified of being dehydrated tomorrow morning and it goes down easier than Water. When I had my gall bladder out in March it took them eight tries to get the IV in and were almost going to have to do a "cut down" to start the fluids. I might be peeing all night but I don't care, hydrating until midnight!

Good idea! Maybe I should finish my bottle of G2 just in case. Lol

Wishing you all the best of luck and a speedy recovery! Looking forward to hearing updates from all of you as soon as your feeling well enough to post again!