Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

I'm 7 days out and other than just a little soreness from my big incision area, I'm great. I had actually forgot about the sleeve twice yesterday when I tried to chug water.. your will recover exponentially over the first week.. it's unreal. The body is amazing at healing, I feel guilty for what I have put mine through for so long. Plus the weight is peeling off.. steadily. ...

It's very encouraging to read your posts. I had surgery yesterday and have so much pain when I drink. Both the bubble effect and the sharp feeling and cramp sensation. It looks like you guys felt back to normal on the fourth or so day. I can't wait!

I felt awful the first 4 days after surgery... A lot of nausea and dizziness. I wasn't prepared for it bc I never had that type of reaction to surgery and thought I'd spring right up. On the 5th day I woke up feeling 100% better. Just rest and once you're feeling better you can become more active. Good luck!

One week out today and I feel like I turned a corner! Still going to take it easy--I'm not shooting for 10,000 steps yet--but I definitely feel better! HW 200, SW 198.6, today 190!

@@Ktprimo

I saw my surgeon today and she let me add yogurt to help me get my Protein in!

Awesome! So happy you can mix it up a bit. Oikos Greek strawberry is the best! (In my opinion lol)

Just make sure you don't get yogurts that have fruit on the bottom and if you accidentally get one that has chunks of fruit or little bits of fruit in it, be sure not to eat them because it can be hard to digest.

I had my own little victory yesterday. I decided to be rebellious and use a straw! Lol. My doc said no straws but I had to try something because I can't get my Water in no matter how hard I try. I got a medium water at sonic (with their awesome ice) and managed to finish the whole thing in 3 hours. Before I was unable to drink 8oz in a 6 hour period. I had no extra gas issues or problems so I think I'm good to go with a straw. :)

I'm with all of you and feeling great today! I am going shopping to get stuff to cook a homemade creamy Soup for myself and my family. I've also met someone local who had the surgery a few weeks ago and am going for a walk with her this afternoon. I am so happy to have someone here to talk to because my own two best friends are basically not talking to me right now because they are mad I had the surgery.

I am also happy because I switched to gummy vitamins instead of those chalky ones and I can finally get them down without getting nauseated. Plus I discovered I love cottage cheese and could kiss my NUT for allowing it on my full liquid diet because I have to chew it! Lol. Didn't realize how much I missed chewing food. Haha

So my mood is really good today! Hope you all have a great day!!!

It's very encouraging to read your posts. I had surgery yesterday and have so much pain when I drink. Both the bubble effect and the sharp feeling and cramp sensation. It looks like you guys felt back to normal on the fourth or so day. I can't wait!

It gets better every day. At first I never thought I'd feel normal again but day 7 has me feeling better than pre-op normal! Hang in there! What you are going through is sooo worth it! Feel free to ask us anything and share your ups and downs. We are all happy to help and be supportive. :)

I like plain Greek yogurt with just a touch of honey - it's my favorite. But I also found some frozen Greek yogurt Popsicles that are the best thing I think I've ever had. I bought a chocolate and a sea salt Carmel and tried the Carmel one last night and about cried because it was so good.

@@Ktprimo - I'm probably going to be trying a straw soon. I just feel like I drink more when I have a straw

And I'm sorry your friends are upset- they have absolutely no reason to be, but I'm glad you met someone who knows what's up and who you can go to for advice

@@Ktprimo WTH your best friends are "mad" at you for having the surgery???? I can't even begin to understand how they can be mad! Disagree? Jealous? Ok, people are allowed opinions, but MAD? They must have issues!

@@Ktprimo WTH your best friends are "mad" at you for having the surgery???? I can't even begin to understand how they can be mad! Disagree? Jealous? Ok, people are allowed opinions, but MAD? They must have issues!

Yea...I know...it's ridiculous. My own mother is even jealous and very rude when she talks to me about it. None of them wanted me to have it. All tried to talk me out of it this time and had succeeded at talking me out of it for the last 10 years. I ignored them this time and didn't tell them until I had it scheduled. Well...none of them called or texted or came by to check in on me once this past week. I've been fat my whole life. Fatter than everyone of my friends and family members. If it were about my health and the risks I could understand their anger as concern but they didn't show up and weren't there for me so that tells me it's just jealousy. My husband says they don't want me to be skinny while they stay fat and miserable and they certainly don't want me to be smaller than them. Who knows...

I just know I'm moving on and finding new friends and well as far as my mom...she's never been a normal mother and it's not like I'm losing something great if she never talks to me again.

(Yes, I probably need therapy but having this surgery has been a huge breakthrough for me. I am finally doing something for myself which is huge and I'm not alone because my husband, daughter and siblings are super supportive. So if this surgery shows me who my real friends are then it's helping me with more than just my health and weight.) :) I'll be ok.

I agree with your husband and you sound super positive so you just keep doing you!

Be successful and show them who's boss!

I agree with your husband and you sound super positive so you just keep doing you!

Be successful and show them who's boss!

Thanks! I do think my husband is right too and I definitely plan to be very successful for myself and my supporters.

And I do have to let all of you here know I wouldn't know what to do without y'all. It means the world to me to have a group of supporters who don't even know me but are willing to help me with advice and feedback and especially words of encouragement. This site helped me to make the decision to finally have the surgery. It helped me to not freak out pre-op and cancel surgery because I kept looking at before & after pics as motivation and it has kept me from freaking out with every pain or change post-op because I had you all here to say you felt the same. Y'all are awesome! Can't wait until we are all sharing our before and after pics with each other!! :)

Good for you! We all can use some self examination as to why we contributed to our fat selves and why we surrounded ourselves with other people with the same issue! Here's to our forward journey!

I had surgery a week ago. I had quite a bit of pain the first 4 days and on the 5th day I surprisingly felt alot better. I haven't had to take pain medicine I'm getting more and more Protein and Water in. My tiredness has let up alot although I still feel like I could use a little more energy. I'm so ready for our journey.