Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

Hmmm. Hummus!

@ktprimo. What soft foods have you experimented with thus far? I've only had scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, and refried Beans.< /p>

I've had all of those including white beans and red beans (tho those didn't agree with me) and added a few more slowly the last few days. I started by just having avocado with my eggs. That was so good. Then I tried Peanut Butter and stayed sick for hours. Last night I had soft turkey & soy meatballs with avocado ranch dressing so they weren't too dry. Those were pretty good but then I had them again today and threw up because oddly the last bite tasted like fish. (Not sure what happened there)

I've also had a P3 Protein pack. I really like the grilled chicken strips with ranch but could only eat two from the pack. Tonight I ate with my family and had about a fourth of a piece of the Gordon's tilapia with two small garlic & herb shrimp and one piece of broccoli. (I couldn't eat it all but it tasted sooo good)

I can have any soft, easy to chew (to almost puréed) meats and I can have veggies as long as they are almost mushy from boiling or steaming. I still try to drink at least half of a Protein Shake each day. I haven't made it over 400 calories yet but haven't been hungry...I just make sure I enjoy the taste and it's got a lot of protein in it if I'm gonna eat it. Otherwise there is no point in wasting the space in my stomach. Lol

Wow. You're more adventurous than I am. I'm kind of scared. I did have. One ounce of chicken cooked with diced tomatoes, carrots and green Beans. I cut it up in micro pieces and chewed the 20 bites at least 20 times! It was fabulous and I felt better than I had since surgery. I still drink 4-5 Protein punches and lemonades, a day so I'm getting at least 80 grams of protein. I'm just sooo ready for more nutritious food!

Have to vent: I was just watching Good Morning America and they were talking about 3 women who lost 100+ pounds each and the anchor said "these women who lost weight without surgery or short cuts" - makes me mad.

Wow. You're more adventurous than I am. I'm kind of scared. I did have. One ounce of chicken cooked with diced tomatoes, carrots and green Beans. I cut it up in micro pieces and chewed the 20 bites at least 20 times! It was fabulous and I felt better than I had since surgery. I still drink 4-5 Protein punches and lemonades, a day so I'm getting at least 80 grams of protein. I'm just sooo ready for more nutritious food!

How long before you can eat more?

I'm just sticking to my list from my doc for soft foods and honestly could probably eat these foods everyday indefinitely. I'm also really careful to chew everything until it's basically puréed before swallowing. Just so satisfying to eat meat even tho I have no appetite.

I wish I could get in more protein but I'm lucky when I reach 40g. But so glad that my surgeon only requires 40 to 60 grams. Don't know how on earth I'd manage more. I can taste the Protein Powder when I mix it with stuff so I just prefer plain Water between meals and shakes.

Sounds like you are doing well and much better than I when it comes to protein intake. :)

Hang in there! Normal food isn't too far away! :)

Have to vent: I was just watching Good Morning America and they were talking about 3 women who lost 100+ pounds each and the anchor said "these women who lost weight without surgery or short cuts" - makes me mad.

I hate it when they say that crap too. I'll admit I was once guilty of considering surgery "the easy way out." It was more like an excuse I made so I could talk myself out of what I considered a life-threatening surgery. But I'm sure all of us here know they should follow up with those 3 women in the next 3 years and see how much they've gained back.

I'm allowed whatever is soft. But I had a bad experience with eggs last week, so I'm skiddish. I drink the Water based lemonades and punches from Medical Weight Loss. They're just like drinking Crystal Light. Nothing like unflavored whey Protein or the Protein Shakes. Easy to get in protein with them. Today I'm going to venture out further and try an additional chicken dish.

I'm allowed whatever is soft. But I had a bad experience with eggs last week, so I'm skiddish. I drink the Water based lemonades and punches from Medical Weight Loss. They're just like drinking Crystal Light. Nothing like unflavored whey Protein or the Protein Shakes. Easy to get in protein with them. Today I'm going to venture out further and try an additional chicken dish.

If you can find the P3 protein packs (I've found them at Walmart and walgreens) they really are awesome. One is grilled chicken breast (I mentioned before) but it's soft and so easy to chew. Plus they come with ranch or teriyaki sauce which adds more moisture to make it even softer. They also have one with tiny ham and cheese cubes and almonds. Of course we have to skip the almonds but the cubes are the perfect tiny bite sizes for us.

I think you would really like em.

Please pray for the people in Lafayette, Louisiana. A shooter just opened fire in a movie theater my family and I frequent often. Luckily we weren't there tonight. He killed 3 people and injured more than 8. Then he shot himself. We are all broken hearted here in South Louisiana tonight. :(

Please pray for the people in Lafayette, Louisiana. A shooter just opened fire in a movie theater my family and I frequent often. Luckily we weren't there tonight. He killed 3 people and injured more than 8. Then he shot himself. We are all broken hearted here in South Louisiana tonight. :(

Thankful you and your family weren't there tonight. But prayers are sure being sent up for all those whose hearts are breaking tonight

Hey folks! Four weeks out tomorrow! How's everyone doing? Anyone else hit the three week stall? I didn't, it came in the fourth! Overall, my weight loss has slowed to a creep.

Hey folks! Four weeks out tomorrow! How's everyone doing? Anyone else hit the three week stall? I didn't, it came in the fourth! Overall, my weight loss has slowed to a creep.

How much have you lost so far? & What stage are you in on your diet?

I'm about to move to solids on the 29th. I think I'm stalling and then the scale drops again. I know it will slow down eventually but I'm loving that right now if I don't lose a pound today I will lose one or two tomorrow. Gonna be bummed when this stops cuz this has been fun to watch. Lol

I finally have some energy again. Not enough to do much more than swim but I am so happy I can finally work and clean my house without feeling as if I'll faint at any moment.

I'm still under 300 calories a day and struggling to get in 40g of Protein a day but I feel good. Clothes are getting loose and week 4 looks like it'll be a good one.

My bday was Saturday and I celebrated by eating a half of a boiled crab and 1 1/2 shrimp. I was sooo happy and full. Lol

I am totally loving my sleeve right now!

***please remind me of this post if I eventually have a bad day! Lol***

My HW 200 SW 200 (33.3 BMI) CW 182. So 18 pounds in 27 days, but I've lost almost zero this week. I'm on soft foods and eat 600-800 calories a day. No problem since week one getting in 60-90 grams of Protein per day. Since most of it has been liquid, I have gotten 60 ounces of liquid in too. I do need to up my Water. Dr says at my lower BMI he thinks I'm doing great. I'm just being able to see a difference, but I've packed my size 14 shorts and Capris and am readying them to ship to my sister.

Edited by sleevenv

Awesome! Congrats!!

Hi All! I haven't checked in for a bit. I hurt my back right after surgery (like a week later) then received from that and then strained it again! Such a bummer when you cannot take advil. Anyway I am up and going again but very weak. I am phasing in solids now and find that the amount I can eat varies completely by what I am eating. Fish I can usually do 3-4 ozs and other kind of meat ( mostly chicken or burger patty) I can only do about 2 ozs at this point. I am eating about 600-800 cals a day but really not going above 60 grams of Protein mostly because I can't stand the Protein Drinks. I am in the middle of a stall for the past week but I am down about 20-22lbs if you count my 2-day clear liquid diet. I have been following your thread as a fellow 6/30 patient but have been so busy haven't been able to post much.

Edited to say that I find that I can eat about 1/2 cup of egg salad or more (so I need to stay away) or only 2ozs of tuna salad or deli meat like ham or turkey. I am going to try to stay away from the foods like egg salad since I can eat much more of that and focus on the ones that give me more restriction. I am also thinking of experimenting with different things to make my tuna salad with like avocado instead of lf mayo.

Edited by Bndtoslv