Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 30th Sleevers?

That's an awesome story.. I feel ur pain.i woke up this morning to a house infused with freshly cooked bacon.. I thought to myself are u kidding me? I had to go outside. Some smells are just too much right now. Especially knowing that I still have three more weeks before I can have soft foods. 6 weeks total of liquids and purees when it's all said and done.. for some reason I didn't realize it would be this long. ..lol

Lol. Yea. You're right about the smells. I feel bad for you that you had to go outside. I haven't had a problem yet but they have all been warned in my house- no cooking lamb, sausage, or any seafoods until I can eat them. Especially since the smells always linger and I refuse to be tortured at home. Lol

I would but I don't want to inconvenience my wife and two boys.. I'm stubborn. My issue is my issue.. sometimes it sucks being Irish.. lol

I would but I don't want to inconvenience my wife and two boys.. I'm stubborn. My issue is my issue.. sometimes it sucks being Irish.. lol

Lol. You call it stubborn but I call it sweet.

You are a very good husband and father. Being concerned that you are inconveniencing them while you suffer in silence shows how much you love them. Even more reason to be proud of yourself. :)

How's everyone doing? We are just about two weeks post op! My third week stall happened week two. Boo hoo. I hope it doesn't continue. I've learned that I eat way too many carbs from My Fitness Pal! I'm getting in 79-90 grams of Protein (primarily from Unjury, Nutrimed beverages and Greek yogurt), but my carbs from Soups and refried Beans are almost the same number of grams. It's hard to believe that eating only 600-700 calories per day--even if 40% of them are carbs)--can yield no weight loss. I've not even started the puréed foods because it'll be harder to get in protein. HW 200 SW 198.6 CW 188.8, but I was 190 six days out. I really do need to stop weighing myself.

How's everyone doing? We are just about two weeks post op! My third week stall happened week two. Boo hoo. I hope it doesn't continue. I've learned that I eat way too many carbs from My Fitness Pal! I'm getting in 79-90 grams of Protein (primarily from Unjury, Nutrimed beverages and Greek yogurt), but my carbs from Soups and refried Beans are almost the same number of grams. It's hard to believe that eating only 600-700 calories per day--even if 40% of them are carbs)--can yield no weight loss. I've not even started the puréed foods because it'll be harder to get in protein. HW 200 SW 198.6 CW 188.8, but I was 190 six days out. I really do need to stop weighing myself.

How are you getting My Fitness Pal to allow you to track? Mine won't let me save any entries because it says I'm not consuming enough calories. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'm still under 300 calories a day with my Protein Shakes. I can barely drink two of the premier shakes. I tried beans yesterday. Got in three tiny baby spoon bites and then threw them back up. I was so bummed. They tasted so good. I can handle puréed broccoli Soup but only about an ounce and then I'm full. Maybe try switching your protein shakes to a lower carb shake. The Premier Protein shakes have only 4g carbs and 30g protein. So if I drink two I've gotten in my 60g goal for protein and only 8g carbs so I can eat two or three tiny high protein meals and not even come close to 30-40g of carbs a day.

Going in for my follow up appt today. Hoping he clears me for swimming because I am anxious to get back in my pool. Lol

My husband said he can already see I've lost weight. I can only see that my stomach is suddenly softer which is a good sign. I'm down 21lbs since surgery and my pants are lose but it'll take at least another 10-20lbs to drop a pant size.

Did you take your measurements? They say when the scale stops moving you are losing inches. You should measure yourself and always check that instead of the scale when you hit a stall.

I log with MFP and it will save without you hitting "complete my entry" because it gets mad at me for not eating enough (that's still weird)

My Protein Drinks have even less carbs. It's the Soups and Beans. I add Protein Powder, but carbs are still there. Along with those from yogurt. I'm cutting back on yogurt and only using zero carb Greek with a sprinkle of SF Jello powder. I was also eating puréed potato Soup. That's a lot of carbs too. Puréed stuff is where carbs are coming in, so I guess I've got to suck it up and start to puree chicken with Protein broth. Sounds horrid!

I'm at gym for second time and feel almost 90%! My doctor said I was good to go, just watch stomach crunches and heavy weights for another two weeks. @@Ktprimo, I hope you're cleared to swim! MFP won't let you "save" if you're under 1000 calories, but it does track you. Change your goals to 1000 calories per day (it's the lowest it will allow). I also upgraded the app to premium so it tracks the macronutrients. It's $50 for a year for the upgrade. Good luck!

Edited by sleevenv

I'm new to this site. Had my surgery July 10. Not much pain but wondering if I did the right thing now. Can't sleep, feeling somewhat depressed. Does anyone else feel like this?

Today is my 2 week post op (June 29) and I am now cleared to swim and eat mushies and I am so glad to be able to get Protein from other sources than shakes BUT I have felt guilty all day every time I put something in my mouth thinking I am overdoing it.

Here is what I had all day: A banana for Breakfast, 1 egg scrambled with moz cheese and mushrooms for lunch and 1/2 hamburger patty for dinner (no roll) plus Water in between meals. I'm down 25.5 since my pre-op diet (15.5 since surgery). My husband thinks I'm crazy and says I'm doing great. I'm guessing I will get used to eating real food and that guilty feeling will go away.

Welcome @katgio52. I certainly felt that way the first five days! Hang in there. It only gets better.

My Protein drinks have even less carbs. It's the Soups and Beans. I add protein powder, but carbs are still there. Along with those from yogurt. I'm cutting back on yogurt and only using zero carb Greek with a sprinkle of SF Jello powder. I was also eating puréed potato Soup. That's a lot of carbs too. Puréed stuff is where carbs are coming in, so I guess I've got to suck it up and start to puree chicken with protein broth. Sounds horrid!

I'm at gym for second time and feel almost 90%! My doctor said I was good to go, just watch stomach crunches and heavy weights for another two weeks. @@Ktprimo, I hope you're cleared to swim! MFP won't let you "save" if you're under 1000 calories, but it does track you. Change your goals to 1000 calories per day (it's the lowest it will allow). I also upgraded the app to premium so it tracks the macronutrients. It's $50 for a year for the upgrade. Good luck!

thanks. I'm so happy. Cleared for swimming and also able to start soft foods tomorrow. Only beans, cheese and eggs for a week but I'm happy with that.

Thanks for the info on myfitnesspal. I may look into the upgrade too.

I'm new to this site. Had my surgery July 10. Not much pain but wondering if I did the right thing now. Can't sleep, feeling somewhat depressed. Does anyone else feel like this?

Welcome to the losers bench, katgio52! Sleevenv is right. What you're feeling is normal and it will get better. Most of us in this group will be two weeks post op tomorrow and we've all been getting better and better by the day. The first week was pretty rough and hormones go nuts so the depression & sleeplessness are most likely due to hormones. I know a lot of sleevers question their choice at some point during early post-op before weight loss really kicks in and when feeling like crap after surgery. (I had a moment too)

Just get lots of rest, don't overdo it with physical activity (tho walk when you can), remember to get in fluids for sure and look to all the support groups and message boards online (this one is great but there are plenty to help with answers you may not find here) to remind yourself that you are not alone and this is all worth it.