Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Real Food, Real Weightloss, Still Delicious

@@Smye That paella picture is making me hungry. Sounds delicious!

It also gives me the idea of making Mexican red "rice" using cauliflower. Mmmmmm.

@@wascott, you sir, are brilliant. That would be excellent!

New recipes:

Almond pancakes and berry Syrup

IMG_1052.JPG

@@Smye Thanks for this recipe. Are the nutrition specs for one pancake or the batch? Either way, surprisingly low in carbs. I'm not technically allowed some of the ingredients so I guess I'll have to wait until I'm well into post-op.

@@wascott, per pancake.

Another recipe I'm working on is slightly junkier, more work, and not yet had all the bugs worked out uses an egg, some Protein powder as the flour, Water for the liquid, and a mashed banana for texture. You could always play around with that - depending on which ingredients are not allowed at the moment.

@@Smye The Atkins induction diet is very restricted. I'm basically allowed meat/protein and green veggies. I've been eating some non green low carb veggies as well such as cauliflower. No fruit, nuts, or grains. I added a tablespoon of sugar free Syrup to some eggs and low fat sausage patties and that gave me the illusion that a pancake was once on the plate. Spinach and kale omlets with a little bit of cheese is pretty satisfying.

@@wascott, no offense to your surgeon, but blech! I rarely go over 40 g carbs, but that Atkins thing would be hard for me to bear, especially with all of the artificial junk in so many of the Atkins products. Good call on the omelets though - sounds good to me!

New recipe posted.

Grilled chicken strips

Moist, flavorful additions to your salads, pizza, sandwiches, whatever. Oh, and it doesn't have any of the junk you find in the restaurant-kind, nor is it dry like the your standard baked chicken breast.

Oh, and they freeze & reheat well for up to a year.

IMG_1101.JPG

Oh yay! This is my kinda food!

@@Countrygrrl, excellent! What other kinds of food would you like to see by the by?

I love Vietnamese food, Thai food. Mexican food. Thank goodness I

Can handle spice post op oh and I have been craving pancakes so I'm Trying that

Edited by Countrygrrl

@@Countrygrrl, I love it! I eat a lot of Thai & Vietnamese food, with a good splash of Mexican food thrown in for good measure. So stay tuned as all of these are coming soon - I think either larb or ka-prow will be first of those.

Also, if you like spice, I've got a naga jalokia plant that should be ready for harvest in September or so and a recipe that's incredible for making them into a hot sauce that's got the most incredible flavor. It's hot though.

In brief, take 2-3 three nagas, dice them and pop them in a jar with 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp salt and a little bit of Water. Cover with cheesecloth and allow to ferment for at least 2 weeks. Then reduce some vinegar (white, cider, red wine, whatever you're in the mood for) to 1/2 it's original volume and add the fermented naga-slurry to the vinegar and store in an airtight container. Then add salt/sugar as needed (here the sugar serves as a spice, not a sweetener, so you won't have much). It's EXCELLENT! It's even better with peach maruga scorpions if you can get your hands on them.

Oh, and be sure to wear gloves, maybe goggles and, if possible, prep every step involving the chilis outside.

Oh wow I would so raid your garden.. Oh and your fridge! ☺️☺️

@@Countrygrrl, I'm currently working on some photo tours and how-to's for the blog, I'm hoping to include everything from shopping for fresh produce to building a greenhouse/raised beds to starting seeds and anything else folks request so you can raid your own.

Edited by Smye

???? I have almost 10 acres. I can do those things .... But I don't ????