Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 2/11, down 15 lbs already. Feeling pretty good except for some lingering pain...can't wait to get comfortable in my bed again! Got cleared to start mushies today, haven't tried anything yet.

Edited by Jen128

It is wonderful to hear from so many of you! I thought February would be a hard month for me to start as I was kind of a chocolaholic and valentines day was right around the corner, but now I don't even want sugar. Already had one dumping syndrome incident and I DON'T wanna repeat that. I'm happy so many of you are doing so well! I think I have lost about 10 lbs since my surgery, but I also started on the low range of the scope for surgery, so I'm expecting it to be slower than some. That and, unfortunately, my cycle is messing with me by starting early this month, adding to my Water weight and all. Hopefully that is done soon. Thank you all for participating!

Feb 18, so I am on day 3. So far no nausea or vomitting. It is tough getting fluids in. I am making sure my fluids and Protein are the same thing. I had 8 oz Protein Shake, mixed with milk 39 g protein, it took me 2hrs 45 min to get it down. Now I am sipping on Isopure mixed with Powerade zero. I have been walking. I am not even remotely hungry, watching people eat doesn't bother me at all.

i found the Isopure ready to drink Protein drinks really helpful to get Protein in. They are clear and you can drink like Water and there are 40 g protein in each!

If you want to be added, pm me your fb info, so i can friend you, then add you. It is a secret group, you cannot see it without an invite.

I was sleeved February 18th. Would LOVE to join the Facebook group. But nobody knows about my procedure. If I join the group, will it show any activity on my facebook page? I don't want anyone to know just yet. Especially since I got a lot of negative responses when I first told my friends and family about it.

Groups that are private should only show in your news feed. No one else should be able to see what you add or join unless you allow it or they are in the group. Make sure to check your settings.

Hi Kiwii

Wow! I had my sleeve gastrectomy on Feb. 11th at LGS with Dr. P. also! I started getting antsy about the creamed Soups yesterday, too! Bought a new one today, carrot-ginger Pacific foods. Yesterday I tried adding 1 Tablespoon of Idaho potato flakes to 4 oz. simmering red pepper/tomato Soup. It thickened slightly and I needed to sip it more slowly. I'm revved up for purée week to arrive...made puréed chicken breast with chicken broth, a little veggie seasoning and froze in two ounce containers. Today I purchased hummus to dip soft steamed baby carrots in (next week!). When the healing gets there I'll be ready.

Liked the other replies you received that gave web sites with recipes. We'll get there!

Hope you are feeling well today

I was sleeved feb 18th. The healing is going well. I was able to get 3 Protein drinks in plus about 40oz of other fluids. I have a fair amount of muscle pain and occasionally I drink too fast and make my sleeve angry. No nausea yet except when I took two pills back to back. I'm learning how to treat my sleeve nice and I know it will treat me nice back.

I am REALLY looking forward purées in 2 weeks.

My surgery was also Feb 16th. I have been doing well until today. I was missing the idea of food all day even though I am not hungry. It's so HARD to get enough Water and Protein in a day. Today I had a blue raspberry flavored Isopure protein water and that tastes way better than any other flavors I have tried. Can I join the secret group too? ????

Just message me your Facebook link so i can friend you then I can add you :)

Sleeved on 2/18 and doing much better this morning. Amazing how being home to sleep in your own bed can help so much! I am also able to get my Protein drink down today compared with yesterday when I couldn't get anything down without it hurting.

I was sleeved 12th, body is feeling weird. My stomach is a symphony of noises. It's weird. I don't think I am getting enough Protein in because I am weak most of the day after doing anything like taking care of my six year old.

I sleep a lot

I get my walking in

I still have terrible diarrhea that I have to take Immodium for everyday

I start purred foods monday. Hoping that helps with the energy level of getting more Proteins in

other than that I don't look like a person whose had surgery.

Can I get invited to the Facebook group as well?

Seems everyone's eating at different times and diffrent foods/broths/purred foods that their dr says is good.

WEird

i have to be on 10 days of Clear liquids only, 10 days of purred mushy food, 10 days of starting real tiny pieces of Protein food, week 4 starts all normal food.

Seems that all dr's should be on the same pge

my facebook

is kristen grant mcgill

Edited by Kmgaustin

I was sleeved on the 16th and feel great this go round ( I am a past lap band pt). I want to join Fb too as it's easier on my iPad than this site! I just need to figure out out to pm you! But my fb is Laura Day Evans