Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having a rough day today. All these chewable vitamins are making me sick. I feel like everything I can eat is mostly sweet and then all the Protein waters are sweet. My stomach is upset and I am feeling weak and shaky. I have so much to get done and don't feel like doing any of it. Can anyone relate?

If you just had surgery in the past week, that might happen. That happened to me for the first few days. Everything was so sweet and just made me feel sick. Do you have nausea meds? I used those to make sure I could get my protein in. The sweetness should stop in a few days.

Having a rough day today. All these chewable Vitamins are making me sick. I feel like everything I can eat is mostly sweet and then all the Protein waters are sweet. My stomach is upset and I am feeling weak and shaky. I have so much to get done and don't feel like doing any of it. Can anyone relate?

I feel the same exact way. I am so sick of these Protein drinks and its only day 7. I'm starting full liquids tomorrow and need some real inspiration on what to eat that isn't going to leabe me lightheaded and shaky all day!

Hi , everyone i had my surgery on feb 17th and let me tell you i hope my experience was just like you guys . I am having trouble with Protein Shakes everytime i take them i throw them up. I also had some alergir reaction to the pain killers so its being kind of hard for me to ajust the whole day i just want Water and water i take it when its cold it goes down better than when its at normal temperature . Plz if u have any idea how to work out a way to take Protein let me kno thanks

Not sure what phase you're in but you can get some clear Protein Powder and put it in applesauce. That helps me get it down. Somebody suggested putting it in potato Soup.< /p>

Thanks everyone it's good to know this is all normal. Tomorrow I am 10 days out from surgery. I might have to switch to easier Vitamins to take. Today I squeezed lemon juice in regular Water and that helped to get the sweet taste out of my mouth. Yay!!

Yogachick can I ioin the fb page? I was sleeved on 2/23 and am feeling down and need some support and encouragement.

I'm with ya ... sleeved on 2/3 and feeling very down!

I was sleeved on the 12th. I've lost 16 lbs since surgery. 1st week was really tough, but now I feel better every day. I'm starting the puréed stage. I'm scared to try anything because I have trouble getting Protein Shakes down...especially the thicker ones. I've been getting my Protein in every day, but I can never reach my Fluid goal. It's tough because I feel like I'm drinking ALL DAY!!!

I was sleeved on Feb 19th down 16 pounds. I was able to during 16ozs of Fluid yesterday. I can't do the Protein Shakes yet.

My email address is gabby_megs@yahoo.com ... I would love to join the secret FB group ... I had my surgery on 2/3! It's been a journey so far, but the scale is going down and I am getting adjusted to my new lifestyle!

my email is dyazeji@hotmail.com my surgery was on feb 14

Hello! I had my sleeve done on the 11th and I just wanted to see how others were doing so far.

Best wishes to all!

Hi there! Sleeved 2/11. Saw Dr yesterday and down 14 lbs since surgery and 77 total ... finally under 300 for first time in years. Definite learning curve regarding Fluid intake and food amounts. I instituted a fluid/food/shake schedule that I'm finding helps me a lot. Journaling helps me and my NUT see everything I'm consuming. Feeling pretty good so far, looking forward to moving from pureed foods to soft/mushy foods next week.

Sleeved 2/25. So far I feel pretty good. I'm pretty much off pain meds and getting out a bit. Today, I have been fighting diareha, presumably because I have been taking a stool softener since day 1. I'm tired, and I haven't been tracking my Water intake. Today, I switched from Clear Liquids to broth and shakes. I had three so far (7;00pm) and I'll have one more. I was also able to get about a cup of strained chicken Soup down. From what I am reading, I'd say I'm doing very well.

I hope everyone is well

Cheers