Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Glad you're feeling better the weather in NJ is cold and my arthritis in my hip has been bothering me however I did have an awesome workout in gym this week went 2x Moving Forward

Hi everyone!! Thundersnow overnight and a light dusting here in East Tennessee this morning. Noooo!! Hurry up spring!!!

Glad to hear @@punkinvine is on the mend.

@@RockinRobin59, good job on the workouts. Moving forward is right!

@@2babutterfly let us hear from you. Hope all is well.

I'm moving right along. I've been meeting my three goals: less than 50g of carbs daily, exercise 4 times per week, and logging my eating. The dietician had me to commit to them for 30 days, so I'm on my way.

I hope you each have a beautiful weekend and take care of you.

Snowed here last night. Brrrrr................... Out feeding the birds. Beautiful morning just cold. Clearing out much extra closet items. Donation center is open. I tried oatmeal this am... not working out. Ok for me... Boost it is! Will be getting a brisk 45 min walk. Planning a lettuce cheese wrap for lunch. Hope all of you can eat and move according to plan today! HUGS!

Hey ya'll! Glad to hear from all of you! It has been crazy up in here!

Back in November I lost my job. Two days later I lost my papaw. It was a rough weekend for sure. I got a job right away, but it was just one to get us through the winter basically. That said I just started a more permanent job three weeks ago. It is not exactly what I'm used to as I will be out on the road away from my family more. The fact is I'm writing this from my sleeper in Northern Indiana. I kinda figure a new chapter in my life would be a good time to get back to it and check in.

I'm really not sure how eating is going to go out here on the road. The only thing I have to cook with is a 12volt car outlet crock pot. I heated up some Soup last night.and it fit a fantastic job. Well I plan on getting up in a bit and go for a walk. Glad to hear you all working it.

Oh @@bacon - I am so glad to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the job and your papaw. Glad you have a permanent job and hope things go well out on the road. Please keep us posted, okay?

I must admit that I did not have a stellar weekend food-wise. I planned it all out and did very well, including company for dinner on Saturday, until last night. I won't mention what I baked and ate so that I don't trigger one of you, but it was premeditated (had to go to the store for an ingredient) and certainly not in my plan. It was a sweet, which seems to be my issue. What makes me do that?? I'm going to have to really give that some thought.

Plans are made for today and I'm going to enter it now into Myfitnesspal. I'll drink lots of Water and take my walk this evening. I'm really mad at myself, so having to shake that off today. It's just not okay and I've got to get to the root of it. So.....back to it today with some heavy thinking to do. Any of you have some wisdom to share with me on the subject?

How's everyone??

Hi everyone! Sorry to be off so long, but this last two months is my crazy busy season work-wise. Things are a more sane pace now, and I'm feeling good about staying on my plan--though it sure took a while to see it starting to work!

My trainer (also knows something about nutrition and much about WLS) put me on more calories after a long period of pup and down and giving into cravings and eating junk and gaining weight. I felt like such a failure! So three weeks on this new routine of 1300-1400 calories a day but staying wreally close to macros (only a 5 gm variance allowed) -- so 60 gm Carbs, 55 gm Fat, 160 gm Protein. And after three weeks, much to my surprise--on the fourth week I lost two pounds...and i've lost two pounds every single week since then! I get to the gym about 4 times a week, and am finding staying with this even amount of macros actually keeps me from having cravings most of the time, and if I spread out the macros pretty evenly throughout the day, I feel really great. I had been leaving more for a bigger, richer, dinner, but that seemed to work against me, so now I even them out.

I"m so glad to finally feel like i'm making progress and like I can keep it up. Still hard to get to the gym sometimes, and hard to pass up certain foods when they're in front of me--but easier these days than before when I think I yoyo-ed on my nutrition too much.

So good to hear about how you're all doing. Sorry to hear about death in your family and job stuff @@bacon , and the moving ups and downs folks are having. As for that baked treat craving, @s_suther that's a BIG weakness for me too! I started making mug cakes though (super low carb!) and having those 2-3 times a week at end of day absolutely saves me. They aren't for everyone, but I love them. Let me know if you want the recipe I use.

I find most of the real downfall foods are ones that if I eat some, I'll keep eating and justifying until I've reversed my progress and gained. SO depressing! I'm working out substitutes that don't trigger that for me though, and that's working pretty well. Mug cakes, Halo Top ice cream, choc chunk or choc mint Quest bars are my sweet treats, and they really help.

Good to see everyone back - I'll try to be more regular in checking in. Glad you restarted things @2babutterfly and hope things are going better for you. Check in even if not though--we've all been there!

Great job @@katesuccess !! Working with a trainer sounds like it's working for you. Way to make it happen! I'd love to have the recipe for your mug cakes. Like you, I struggle with the justifying. If I had a sweet alternative, I might stop that roller coaster by working in a regular treat that fits in my macros (50 or less carbs daily here per my dietician). That might be a big help and I SO appreciate you sharing recipes, thoughts, and suggestions.

Sure - just to make it faster I bag up the dry ingredients for about four pairs of mug cakes at a time, writing on the baggie what needs to be added, since I can forget in that moment! Pre-mixing thebaggies means I can whip one up in less than ten minutes too. Also I 'bake' them in the microwave in ramekins instead of mugs. It's my daughter/trainer's recipe:

Mug Cakes - makes 2!

Mix dry ingredients:

2 T Splenda for baking (or equivalent in sweetness if using packets or stevia).

2 T unsweetened cocoa powder (optional - you may want to do other flavors)

2 T golden flax meal

2 T almond flour

2 T Coconut flour

pinch of salt - good sized

mix together and add to dry:

2 egg whites (or 1 egg - I use bottled whites)

2 tspns melted coconut oil

splash of vanilla

2-3 T almond milk (regular is fine too)

I also top each cake with 1/2 packet (those 32 gm ones) of Justins chocolate Hazelnut butter, and so that IS figured into the macros below. Microwave separately on 80% - 100% power for 60 seconds or so and check. It shouldn't be wet/sticky on top any more.

Servings 2.0 Amount Per Serving calories 264 % Daily Value * Total Fat 19 g 30 % Saturated Fat 7 g 34 % Monounsaturated Fat 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0 % Sodium 126 mg 5 % Potassium 170 mg 5 % Total Carbohydrate 17 g 6 % Dietary Fiber 9 g 36 % Sugars 4 g Protein 11 g 21 % Vitamin A 1 % Vitamin C 0 % Calcium 10 % Iron 14 %

My daughter likes adding almond butter and swirling it just before microwaving, or Walden Farms Blueberry Jam, SF maple Syrup or their Peanut Butter. You could also add in a few mini choc chips, coconut shreds, etc. Personally I also like a squirt of caramel flavor (those little tiny bottles you buy in the coffee aisle to squirt in coffee).

Mix well, spray ramekin or mug with non-stick coating

I'm having trouble with my sweet tooth and carb craving I've been pretty good at reading labels can't seem to figure out what's going on time to make an appointment with dietitian have been tracking my food but I'm not losing glad that the weather is getting warmer I can walk which is my favorite exercise hoping with gym also I'll start losing again I have a long way to my goal weight 150 I'm presently 243 I'm determined to get there hope everyone is doing well today was not a good day for me but tomorrow will be better

Good morning all. Eating yesterday was minimum. I had some nuts and a couple of sweet things. I was driving hard all day. I got a couple short walks in.

I'm in Chicago to make a delivery. Wish me luck!

Bacon good to hear from you try some Jerky when you are driving a lot it might help keep you away from the sweets someone recommended to me because I also do a lot of driving I'm going to give it a try will let you know if it helps me keep on track Today was much better got my exercise in balance and gait class eating went well

Insomnia at the moment... trouble keeping things down yesterday. Now I am so hungry. Hot chocolate... then sitting up a while so I can process that. Band adjustment next Tuesday will hopefully fix my issue. I have a swim pass and planning to use that on Friday. Walking lots is keeping me on track. I did drink boost several days to keep some Protein in a normal range. Planning chicken wrap for lunch tomorrow. Chili for dinner. Boring Breakfast of Cereal and milk. I need to push in some fruit. I did my Gummy Vitamins and minerals... tons of water!

Warming up outside. The primrose and daffodils are awesome. More outdoor work means more moving! YES I LOVE SPRING!

Bacon... travel makes it a challenge but through Christ all things are possible.

Shannon....Robbin try some herbs or fresh lemon/lime for extra natural flavor. It could help the sweet tooth. Just an idea!

Hi, everyone! Glad to see us posting with tips and encouragement. I'm also thankful to have a place to out (edit - put) it all out there, even the ugly. Thank you for that!

Rockinrobin59 - we can string together some strong days, get in a habit and routine of good choices, that always helps!

@@bacon - you know as well as I do that your body needs fuel. How about some chicken and taco seasoning in the crockpot? You could even get some salsa & low carb tortillas and make a wrap. Throw in some black Beans for Fiber. I don't know, just trying to help. Good luck in Chicago!!

@@punkinvine - thanks for the suggestion. Hope that band adjustment helps with your issue. No fun! Like you, I'm loving the extra movement outdoors since spring has sprung.

@@katesuccess - I'm going to stick (edit- stock) back up on Quest bars, forgot all about those. Quest puts out all kinds of low-carb recipes using their products. Gonna check those out for options. I'm also going to get ingredients for the Mug Cake, that might do it for me. Thank you for sharing.

@@2babutterfly - am I gonna have to show up at your door??? Let me hear from you!

Let's have a strong day today. One day at a time. Today I'm going to move more, eat as planned, drink plenty of Water, and thank God for my blessings. You guys are a blessing to me. Let's do it!

Edited by s_suther

@@s_suther thanks for the reminder and the great ideas. It is gonna take time to adjust to life on the road. I was thinking of trying to cook ground turkey in my crock. I also have a Burton lunch box oven. May try it as well. I got home yesterday for about 18 hours. I'm in Louisville waiting to unload at the Ford plant now. Hope to be home Saturday morning. Gonna take a good long walk tonight. The weather is good around here FINALLY!

@@bacon - glad to hear from you. If/when you need ideas for that crock pot, just shout. Between all of us, we'll come up with a great arsenal for you.

Yesterday is in the books. Today is a new day. What are we going to do to be successful today?

I'm going to eat according to what I've already planned in Myfitnesspal, I'm going to drink plenty of Water, and I'm going to do some form of exercise (prob walk the hood with my husband). So there it is. How about you guys?