Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Hello all! I didn't get to post last night but I'm here today. Ate more in the day and I think it helped me stay in control last night. Did great on food except for some candy last night. I get so munchy when the hubs works nights but last night was his last.

@@punkinvine so glad you have those meetings and that food sounds yummy!

@@JustWatchMe I hope things went ok with the house and the ex!

@@bacon sorry you had such a rough day. Today is a new one and you can do this! Being a good provider and driver is so important. I wish more trucks took after you!

@@s_suther hope all is well! Here is my positive about me. Sounds cheesy but I am a nice person. Sometimes too nice and tender hearted. I feel like I am a peace maker and try to find the calm in the storm

Hope everyone has a great day full of good choices!

Hi all! Didn't get to post last night because I was walking my butt off! Literally, I hope. We took a LONG walk around the hood, up and down hills, huffing and puffing. It felt great!

I'm off to my Wednesday morning usual at a senior living facility. I've been volunteering there for a couple of months and really enjoy it. Today will be fun because my daughter is on fall break and will get to go with me. My old folks love when she's there too!

One positive thing about me: (why is this so hard? even to type!) I take good care of my family-laundry, shopping, meals, etc.-and I take pride in that.

@@bacon - church issues are sometimes part of it, but no fun. Sorry for you and your family in this situation. Stepping off as a teacher had to be a tough decision. None of this takes God by surprise though and we know He has a plan. I'm thankful that you are a good provider for your family and I'm sure they are too!

@@2babutterfly - sounds like you are rocking and rolling. You certainly are a nice person and I feel fortunate to be the recipient of that kindness as you pair your words of encouragement here.

Let's make it happen today! Remember to focus on the positive and I'll challenge you to post one good thing again today! <3

Hugs to you Bacon! When life's load is too heavy for us. God will find a way when there is no way! "Derail" is an old term for me and does describe out of control eating. Being sideways with old habits... was a true description here too. I have given it up and found new ways to cope. Over 6 years out has given me multiple opportunities to get back in the old habit and finally kick it to the curb. It is very hard to learn a new way ... but it can happen. PTL for the band that keeps me from returning to that along with some great "wait and vacuum the carpet first" new habits I have adopted! Cleaning is also busy and calming for me. If it is good weather out I plow the garden or mow and that too brings me back to reality where the food is a necessity not a means of soothing. I had to adopt some new tool strategies along the way. Some kept me out of the food and some did not. Getting me outside or out away from the food even when I vacuum is key. Hope you too can get on to a plan that works for you.... Not trying to preach here! Just know I will pray for HIS will to be revealed in this struggle. Praying for your Grandpa and family too. Keep in the scriptures and you will find truths!

I am off today to vacuum and clean because it is cleaning day! Exercise and clean works for me. LOL. Making Beef Barley Soup while I clean it can cook. Lots of thank you notes to mail and paper work to do after the loss of my Mom. Dog to the vet this afternoon. Bible Study and dinner tonight at church.

May your day be full of blessings.

Well, mid afternoon a Migraine set in. I tried to sleep it off when I got home from work but the nausea was debilitating. I didn't go to the appraisal. It wasn't required that I be there, but I was entitled to. I didn't tell him I was sick, just emailed that I had an unexpected conflict and to proceed without me.

I didn't want to walk into that lion's den when not at my physical and mental best. I'm sure I made the right decision.

My dear friend has a theory that my body knew I shouldn't go, so it sent me the migraine to make sure I didn't expose myself to more crazy. She may be on to something.

No regrets. I'll get the appraisal copy from my attorney.

Not the best day eating today. I am working an odd shift training drivers on a safety process. I have to do ride along observations and did not pack lunch bucket. So not much of a plan there.

Grandpa is in good shape though he thinks he is coming home soon. The thing is he has no home that is good for him. He lived in a camper with no running Water. Pretty sad really, but he will not live with any of the family. Says he doesn't want to be a burden. He talked about grandma a lot today. She passes 2 yrs ago in the fall of the year. I know this is hard on him. WW 2 veteran married to the same woman for over 68 years. Trucked full time until he was 82 years old. They don't make em like that anymore. I am so fortunate to have him as my hero.

So the plan is to get some sleep soon and spend time with wife and kiddos tomorrow.

Today was just OK. No exercise. Eating was not out of control. My mom is coming up from Georgia and will be here for dinner Saturday. We have not seen her since June. I'm off to bed. See Ya'll soon!

I'm sick as a dog with a cold, so eating is minimal. I can't smell or taste, so I'm not very interested.

Exercise is at a standstill for now. Ugh!!

Hope you're all doing well!

Sound off yall. The plan is not to binge and to walk a bunch. Pretty simple. I packed a reasonable lunch today. We are so broke, pretty sure if I stopped and tried to buy anything my card would be declined. So there you have a solid plan in place.

Hi all. Eating is still sporadic as this cold kicks my butt.

@@bacon - hope your day went well!

@@2babutterfly - you okay?

@@JustWatchMe - how's the Migraine? I sure hope it's better and that appraisal came out where you need it to be.

@@punkinvine - hope all is well with you.

I hope each of you have a pleasant, peaceful weekend. I plan to lay around and get well. I gotta kick this crud to the curb. Take care of you.

My mother in law died yesterday. I am driving to St. Louis to pick up my daughters for the Monday wake. You won't hear much from me. This won't be easy.

:rolleyes: Good Morning, I am working on some outdoor things today as it is sunny and near 70. I have 3 sets of barn doors to paint and that will keep me moving. Cardio in lots of life places! Our little grand kids were here last evening and I am always thankful for my WLS when I keep up with them. I could not have done it before very well. It is so much fun now!

I am struggling with food staying down. Stress is not my friend. I don't think I feel stressed so what is this about? I was great for a week then this started up. I have gone to the mushy friendly foods completely and still having trouble. Life goes on and so far this am I feel good. Today may be the day it turns around! Praying for that!

The Salsa chicken recipe sounds great. Once I get this issue at bay I will try it!

HUGS to all who are on this journey! I count you as my friends! Blessings!post-80878-0-28359400-1444485268_thumb.jpg

Good Day... Sunny and painting barn doors today. Cardio available in this little activity! Blessing we are able to do some work that would have been too difficult at my previous stature. HUGS today from a friend who struggles along the path of being fit! Amen that I can move forward in this !

Little grand kids were over last evening and they were so much fun and active! Happy to be running after them... lifting them too! Blessed !

I am having a bit of trouble keeping food down. I am on the mushy diet and still struggling at times. Stress is not my friend. Today is a new day.... HUGS to my friends here! HAVE a super weekend!

Hey friends!! It's Monday already??!? I hope you each had a peaceful weekend.

I feel like I'm finally on the other side of that nasty cold. Man, it kept me down for three full days. I'm back at it today though. I've had a Protein bar and will have a shake later. I will eat a small meal with the family this evening and might even get in a short walk. I don't want a relapse, so exercise won't be where it needs to be for a few more days.

How are you? What's the scoop?

@@punkinvine - glad you're out enjoying the beautiful weather. It's gorgeous here today!

@@bacon - how's it going?

@@2babutterfly - hope all is well in your world.

@@JustWatchMe - I'm sorry about your MIL. I hope you're taking care of yourself.

Hi folks.

This sounds like the thread I need to work just now! I'm 17 months out from surgery, lost 120 lbs and plateaued. That was okay - good to learn to live at that weight for a while, and it was great in terms of activity, health, etc.

Then I found myself slipping and having 'treats' and more calories, and pretty much going off my plan every day. Now I"m up 13 lbs and furious with myself because I'm having so much trouble getting back on consistently. I'm fine for a few days, then I crash (into chocolate) and burn.

I know I do better adding one basic thing back each day or so - so today is NO night eating, and going to the gym will help as incentive (I haven't slacked off on that one at least!).

Anything that helps you all when you feel like you're off track?

Signed, the Chocoholic.

How is everybody?? Things are pretty good here. I am going Wednesday for a fill and I am looking forward to some more help from my band! I've got to start getting out and moving. My exercise has gone to zero! I need y'all's inspiration! How are you moving lately??