Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Good morning!! Hope all is well! I had a bad eating weekend. But back on track Monday. Made it to Zumba last night which is the first form of exercise I've done in a month......this battle continues!!

How is everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Rocking and rolling here. I am loving this ketogenic diet! With the added fat, I feel more satisfied and have less cravings. I've also found Oh Yeah One bars and they fill me up and are a "safe" treat. Those might help, @@RockinRobin59. One thing I learned through weight watchers years ago was to set a timer for a craving. Give yourself 10-15 minutes and if you still want it, plan it. Just some thoughts...

I've rolled so many days together now that I'm feeling in control again. I'm staying active, walking in the evenings and then a major something on Saturdays. Lately, it's been hiking these East Tennessee mountains. What a hard, beautiful workout!!

Enough about me...glad to hear from you, @@RockinRobin59 and @@2babutterfly !!

Let's make it happen!!

Hey how's everyone doing I've been busy lately family stuff but still keeping up with exercise but eating has been a challenge at a plateau again Looking for suggestions to break it Hope everyone is well

Hey how's everyone doing I've been busy lately family stuff but still keeping up with exercise but eating has been a challenge at a plateau again Looking for suggestions to break it Hope everyone is well

I"m doing well - still losing slowly and happy to see the progress at little incremental points. Got to wear a suit today I'd bought when it was too tight -- now it's too loose! I love that, but sad I'll have to either alter it or take it to a consignment store. Love having that be the problem!

So sorry you're at a plateau place! I hate that. When I upped calories to where I am now I stayed at the same weight for a solid three weeks, then miraculously started losing...finally! Okay, feels miraculous to me because I've never lost weight eating this much, lol. I hope you find what works to break the plateau - maybe for now concentrate on working out or exercising, so even if weight stays the same your measurements will change.

Hello.

I've enjoyed reading everyones posts on this topic. I've not been on this site for a long time. Have had my band for a few years. Lost from 250 pounds down to 160. Was happy with that weight because of exercise I was in pretty good shape.Then due to a death, I went into deep depression and for the first time in my life I COULDN'T eat, not because of the band. Because my heart was broken. I quickly dropped to 130. Husband, family and friends were very worried but my weight didn't matter to me. I could have weighted 130 or 630. I didn't care. I stayed at that weight for a year and half.

Now, I am just starting to feel like I may survive the loss, my weight is on its way up, up, up. 183 lbs. I'm ready to get back on track. Reading all Y'alls posts is encouraging. Thank you.

Hey yall. Some know me some not. I started driving over the road recently. It has been a huge change for me. It is hard being away from kids and wife. I miss them so. My eating has been under control. I'm learning to cook in the truck. I plan on doing more low carb Snacks and I generally eat a salad and Soup for dinner. I walk every night I'm on the road for at least 30 minutes. Tonight I purposely parked @ one truck stop and walked up to another that had a fresh salad bar ate and came back to truck then to shower. All total about 2 miles.

@@s_suther I was thinking of you the other day. I had a load to Piney Flats TN . I know that be near ya somewhere. Hope yall are rock in it..

Hi, friends! Slow and steady here. Thursday's are my WI days and I'm down another 2.4. This LCHF thing seems to be the trick for me. I'm hovering around 75g Protein, 65g fat, and around 40g net carbs. Usually that puts me between 1000 and 1100 calories. Thoughts? Opinions?

@@RockinRobin59 - a cleanse or a few days of liquids will shake up that plateau. That's what my Bariatric nurse practitioner has me do to help a stall. A high calorie, high carb day will also usually do it for me. Not totally off the charts, but you get my drift. shake things up and let's see how it helps.

@@katesuccess - glad the new eating plan is doing the trick. I remember you sharing that it was something in the neighborhood of 1300 calories a day, right? If you don't mind, share the macros with me. I'm always open to suggestions!

@@bacon - Piney Flats? Seriously? I lived in PF until we bought this house last summer. Next time you are THAT CLOSE, let me know!!

Glad things are going well on the road, with the exception of missing your family. Man, that's got to be tough. I admire your determination to take care of yourself by eating well and exercising. Keep it up!!

Y'all, I'm SO glad to hear from you.

@@Leisha249 - Glad you joined us! I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad to read you are beginning to heal. How can we help and encourage you?

Edited by s_suther

Hi Shannon.

Just being able to see all the posts helps. I didn't get on this website for long time. Partly due to my depression but also because sometimes people were so mean to others. That's why I like this particular thread. I see encouragement of each other rather then harassment.

We are having lots of rain here in Texas, but the sun is starting to shine on me again. Thank you.

HI Leisha when my husband past away in 2011 I too went into a depression and gained back 70lbs that I had lost Before he passed we had agreed to live healthier lifestyle being southern cooks the Challenges began and I love to cook I thought long and hard about WLS talked with family and friends it's a journey well worth taking when I get off track I hear his voice telling me how beautiful I am and take it one day at time I still have his bike and one of my goals is to ride with my grandsons like he use to so hang in there find your happy place mines is playing happy music while I exercise now I'm back on track and HAPPY with Life and Protein Shakes [emoji847][emoji1]

Hi folks - sounds like such good encouragement on this thread - I agree! Good job on your recent loss @s_suther ! And sorry for the struggles you folks have had, and yet how wonderful to hear you're working on getting to where you want to be @Leisha249 and @RockinRobin59!

Today is my weigh in day, and I'm at the same weight as last week, but had fully expected that since we upped my macros last Monday. I'd been losing steadily and then it slowed, so my trainer said to up my fats and Protein again to bump my metabolism up. Last time she said that it worked (after a 2 week readjustment period) so I figure it will this time too. Also my measurements dropped even though my weight didn't, so i'm happy!

@@s_suther my macros now are:

70 g carbs (I don't 'net' just total it all)

58 g fat

170 g Protein

Which all usually adds up to between 1450 and 1525 calories, but I don't count those really.

My current weight is 174, and I'm 5'4" and 54 years old.

Okay, peeps, I'm reaching out...

While I'm on a streak of clean days and working with the dietician, I'm not feeling it and I'm certainly not seeing the losses that should go along with it. I know myself and I know if I don't get the losses to show pretty quick, I'll slide. I've already thought about it, beginning to justify it. Help!

I'm 83 days into LCHF, or ketogenic, eating.

@@katesuccess - how's it going? How are those macros working for you?

I'm asking because I am SUPER frustrated. My macros:

<45g net carbs

60g fat

75g Protein

+/-1200 calories

I'm at 187, 5'4", and 45 yrs old

I've switched to coconut oil, almond milk, nut flours, and swerve sweetener.

I'm only down 2 pounds for the month of June. Do you see anything there?

FYI-my dietician set my macros, decreasing Protein some because she thought I might be converting some to sugar thru gluconeogenesis.

I'm frustrated with the SLOW losses. As hard as I'm working to plan, shop, eat, and log food, I should see better results. Better meaning faster. Anybody have words of wisdom for me?

I'm thinking I may go back to small portions, eating protein first, and drop all this other stuff. Back to lap band basics, ya know?