Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Looks like my daughter landed a summer job at the company I work for. This is great news. She's just waiting to hear her starting date. I will have a lunch/walking buddy!

Hey, hey, hey!!! Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days. I have been SUPER busy with ending my daughter's school year and then caring for her as she's covered from head to toe in poison ivy. I finally gave up on Sunday and took her to a walk-in clinic where we got a steroid for relief. I'm not a big believer in meds, so that was a big step for me. I couldn't stand watching her suffer for another moment, the benadryl and calamine lotion just wasn't getting it. Thankfully, she is finally seeing some improvement.

We looked at another house on Saturday, but it was a "no". Man, am I getting discouraged with house hunting!

I'd love to tell you that my food has been on plan, but it would be a lie. I did get myself back on track yesterday, eating clean, drinking Water, and took a walk. I plan to repeat today. One day at a time.

@@JustWatchMe - glad to hear the news about your daughter's job!! How great that you gals will get to walk at lunch together. Will you also get to carpool like you were hoping?

@@2babutterfly - as I've shared, I recently became a stay at home mom/wife after 17 years of teaching. My advice about eating is to plan your day and stick to it. I plan either the evening before or first thing in the morning. I do a monthly dinner menu, so I know well in advance what's for dinner and can then plan Breakfast and lunch around that. As long as I plan it, I usually stick to it.

I'm more thankful for you guys than you know. It's therapeutic for me to read your posts and then to post here myself. I don't feel so alone on this journey. Thank you for that! Have a wonderful day and take care of you.

Goooooood Morning!!!

I ate OP, drank my Water, and walked for an hour last night. I've felt like poo over the last few days due to unhealthy food choices, but I can almost feel it getting better with three healthy days under my belt.

Hope all is well with all of you! Have a swell day and take care of you.

I went on vacation and came back to...,, goodness where are my accountability peeps??? Had a great trip to the coast with my hubby and kids. Celebrated 28 years of marriage and I def overindulged! But here I am back and ready to go. Anybody out there??

I'm here and GLAD to see somebody posting here! I miss this thread when we're not on it!

All is well. We have a contract on a house and that's helped with my eating. When I'm nervous, I can't eat and I'm def down a few pounds. I'm getting in my Water and we're doing an hour walk most evenings. I won't say I haven't eaten mexican or sweet treats along the way, but that's life.

Happy Anniversary!! Glad to hear you guys had a great trip!!

Maybe we can get our accountability peeps cranked back up. Come on guys...the good, bad, & ugly, right?!?

Edited by s_suther

@@s_suther hooray! I'm so glad you've found a home! Sounds like you are working the program! Can't wait to hear from the others!

Shannon, I really hope to join you in this 2015 reboot!! I restart today, liquids, soft then food. I have lost then gained back due to back/leg/foot surgeries, that have kept me down, literally and figuratively, and pity eating. I have not gotten nearly enough Protein, so back to eating right for the band!!! and for ME! Thanks for the support. Addy

You can do this @@addy

Thank you!! Butterfly :) I ate some mashed up Beans and cauliflower a few min. ago after doing liquids for two days. UGHH!! I forgot how it feels to eat to much or maybe just to have band full. Now I am waiting my hour, which I haven't done in a while, to drink. Counting the minutes lol. I am excited about it though, trying to pretend it is a brand new thing. I so appreciate ya'll on here, so I can relate to someone who knows how it feels. I use to go to the support groups before all foot surgeries, so I miss it. Good Week to you all : )

Hey, ladies!!! Glad to see some peeps posting!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend & happy Father's Day.

All is well here. Just got the kitchen cleaned up, a box packed, and a couple of Protein Shakes ready for tomorrow. Busy time around here. Closing on July 10, so trying to line up utilities, movers, contractor for some remodeling, etc. can't wait to get settled!!

Hope everyone is going strong!!!

Good evening... just flew in to say wow life has it's complexities x 10. I am still hanging onto the lapband program and doing my best. We are eating from the garden as we love summer. I do a Tomato lettuce bacon wrap at least once a day. (the lettuce is the wrap) My aging Mom has fallen and been quite ill demanding much of my time. Thus I am off the computer and doing what needs done. Glad to be retired so I can keep her at home as she chooses. She is very sweet but quite frail at 108 pounds and has difficulty doing much. She can walk about and enjoy drives in the car. WE are working keeping her congestive heart failure at least manageable at home. I am gardening and mowing for exercise and enjoy the summer weather to do just that. Thankful to look at ideas you all have and keep up the good work. We have 6 grandkids and 4 of them are 3 years old and under. Fun and lots of exercise with them too . God provides! Enjoy each day and be thankful for our improved health! God is good. I could not have kept this pace 7 years ago! LIFE is so much better! (((((Hugs))))))))

Punkinvine

Sitting here eating my yogurt and thinking about you guys. I miss you!

I'd love to say I'm at goal weight and stuck to my plan. However, that's not the case.

I've been on a six month roller coaster, emotionally and physically.

Today, and I'm only doing a day at a time, I'm on plan.

How are you guys? Anybody need some accountability? I could sure use some!

@@JustWatchMe - how did the summer internship go for your daughter?

@@bacon - how's your father?

@@punkinvine - have thing settled down in your world?

@@2babutterfly - is school back in full swing?

Edited by s_suther

So great to hear from you! School is in full swing and it's going great! I got a fill about 3 weeks ago and I've lost 7 pounds since! ???? the amount has really curbed my appetite and I get full on a small amount with no problems eating. I've been having a little trouble with some reflux at night but I got a wedge pillow to help. It has gotten better over the last week or so. I hope to hear from some of our other accountability peeps!

@@s_suther one day at a time is all we can do

My nutritionist says I need accountability . Dr says I need to have more physical activity so I'm going to try going to gym daily. I generally go 3x weekly.

Summer was wonderful with my daughter at work with me. Both girls are back at school now. I fell out of my gym routine while they were home and haven't gotten back into that swing well yet. Only about once a week on the treadmill. My weight is up between 5-10 pounds from my lowest and it's depressing me. Too much fried and carby food and cocktails with friends.

The divorce is painfully slow and also has me anxious. I've been going to about 3 CODA meetings and an OA meeting each week. I may begin a divorce support group near my home next week for 12 weeks but not sure yet. I think it may be too religious for my taste.

I got a fill in August and although I get stuck more often because of it, I don't really feel any other benefit from it.

I wonder if this is the point where the band has done what it could for easy weight loss and the rest is truly up to me.

I haven't logged my food very often.

Just plodding along lately. I'm not depressed, just sad. The energy I had the first year post-op after I moved out is waning. The drudgery of the divorce is wearing on me.