Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Hey my people!!!!

This last week has kicked my butt but I'm baaack:-)! I've been trying to get over what ever in the world I came down with. Feeling better so hopefully on the up swing of things. I must say that during all of this my fluids in general were lacking significantly, my band must have tightened during this spell because I noticed I just wasn't hungry and when I was I could eat very little and then would be overly full before I knew it. Drinking anything would keep me full for about 2-3 hours so it was hard to get everything in. It was weird. Starting Monday I noticed that the band was slowly working it's way back to normal and today I feel like I'm all the way back. For the last couple of days I haven't done so well with staying on plan, I did ok but there were a few things I could've done without but I'm balancing it and that's all that matters. Thanks to this wonderful group I got my kick start I needed to start and finish the day strong. You guys are killing it. Great job!

B: Yogurt and trail mix

L: Protein bar and a cheese stick

S: cheese Stick

D: Weight Watchers Meal

S: Skinny Cow Ice Cream

Water: 80oz

Watch out I have some catching up to do on my posting since I missed several days:-) I just finished reading through all of the posts I missed. Man there was A LOT going on! You guys are just fantastic. I love the new challenge that Justwatchme added. Here's mine:

Monday- I'm thankful God gave me such a wonderful husband. This man has stood by my side morbidly obese, fat, skinny and everything in between, you name it he's been there and has loved me the same no matter what my size. He's supported me, cheered for me, calmed my fears and reminds me everyday to live life to the fullest and to stop sweating the small stuff. He's my constant cheerleader.

Tuesday- So thankful God gave me two beautiful children who inspire me everyday to be a better person then I was the day before.

Today- I'm thankful for receiving a new lease on life! My life has completely transformed from 2-years ago! I wake up every day wondering if it's a dream. I thank God every day for walking beside me through this whole journey and for giving me another opportunity to live the life I was meant to live. Words really can't express how so many aspects of my life have changed since WLS but EVERY day something happens that wouldn't have for me at 289lbs and I just sit back and smile with such relief and gratitude! It's very humbling!

Edited by enjoythetime

@enjoythetime-super glad to see you back and thankful that you feel better too!

it is hard to keep up every day...and I am guilty of not reading every single post. What's this challenge I'm reading about?

I just went to the Dr. today..been having some serious headaches pretty much every day and I was chalking it up to me being me and over doing it. I have stopped going to the gym for more than one reason but one of them being this pain my leg. I thought maybe shin splints or just me being me again and over doing it...so I hung back and the pain went away and then it came back and again yesterday. It's this shooting electric feeling pain shooting down my leg from knee to shin and hip joint kind of aches.

It's so bad and when I'm driving oh boy!! That is the worst cause it's my driving leg. Doc thinks could be compressed nerve in my back and or neck so I'm waiting for authorization and going for MRI's for back and brain. Yep lovely right, could also be neurological. This gives me some concern since my mother passed from a brain tumor at 50...but I'm not gonna dwell on that.

I got some anti-inflammatory meds to take and some muscle relaxers to take at bedtime which I am sure are going to zonk me out but at least I will get some sleep and if it stops this leg pain all the better!!

Thinking it might be time to get back in the pool for some exercise just to take the stress off my back but get this body moving...today I am limping a bit from the sharp pains that come and go and that can't be good for the back either. Oh well...thanks for letting me share.

Eating has been pretty good, though it could be better but one thing at a time :)

Lisa be careful with NSAIDS with your band. You might want to take Prevacid while you're on them.

Thinking of you, Lisa. Ice is pretty amazing in terms of quieting a nerve. I have to count to twenty - it's cold! - but then it settles in and then relief. I am not up on the whole challenge but one part of it is to each day come up with something you are proud of -- a positive change in your life. Here's mine for today:

Hunger is not something to panic about and I don't have to respond to it immediately, I can wait. Ideally when I'm hungry I eat but yesterday was a funny day. We went to a larger town to shop and I hadn't had anything but a Protein shake. Those are rare treats these days -- for me bars and shakes are just sliders and a Protein shake doesn't hold me. So there we were at 5:30 with a car full of food but nothing to grab -- plus we were meeting friends for dinner. So for the ride back home -- about an hour -- I took the time to really notice my hunger. Needless to say in the old days I was so messed up that I couldn't even identify hunger. Really! At the first sign of anything I was quelling it. It felt good yesterday to have a clear sensation and also to be able to wait. I no longer believe in starvation mode, etc. My body has plenty of stored fat to turn to -- that's the whole idea! And I only waited an hour or so then had some delicious Brussels sprouts in duck fat and braised short rib, a bite or two of mashed potato. A dainty portion and I was satisfied. It's amazing and I am so grateful.

528 stairs at work per day. I counted yesterday. My six miles are in for the week. I've been going to bed with a slightly grumbly stomach each night. I'm hoping this turns into weight loss. At my surgical support group Monday I saw the NUT and she said the increased movement will help a lot. It all makes sense. I need to let go of the results and do the work.

The plastic surgeon said that a panniculectomy could be done at the weight I am now if I pursued it. But just hearing that good news made me want to get to goal first. Weird but it inspired me to work harder.

Today I will have ground beef for Breakfast, nuts and cheese for lunch and salad and ground beef for dinner. I'm probably staying home tonight but I might go grocery shopping.

Today I am grateful for my body that has rallied with weight loss and served me well even after years of obesity. My heart is strong. My knees are not but they work with cortisone shots every few months. I'm treating them better by taking off the weight and they treat me better by taking me on walks now. A healthy cycle for a change.

I know I will be able to walk a 5k this spring. Now I just need to find one and sign up.

Challenge is six extra miles of walking this week and a daily note of what you're proud of or grateful for that has been a positive change since WLS.

All family is on the well list at this moment! Mom is home and yesterday she needed all meds and ADLs monitored. Went well and she even felt good enough to go along for a ride to the pharmacy last evening at 8pm. Miracles are so wonderful! My breakfast.... canadian bacon , cheese, lettuce wrap. lunch ground round homemade spag. sauce and quinoa Pasta, tiny salad. dinner grilled pork and squash. Water in my measured containers. NOW back to my vitamin/min. Have been lacking this consistently. Today will be better. Raking and cleaning flower beds x 4. Walk with little grandkids in wagon over the country road up hill and down.

Wishing each of you a pair of jeans that look amazing... found me some with little rhinestones on the pockets. BLING while I still can! LOL . God brought me to it and he will get me through it!

Hello peeps! I am still around! Still camping. If I stand on my right foot , lean to the left, and stick my tongue out I get a signal ???????? I see everyone is doing well. I am having a great time. Lots of walks, reading, fishing, and jig saw puzzles. Eating hasn't been too bad. So I'm happy. So behind on the challenge but I can honestly say camping is something I enjoy so much more now. Want to go for a walk??? I honestly answer sure! And I love every minute of it! Not before. I would make up any excuse I could not to go. ❤️ u guys. I'll check in again when the wind is blowing right!! Lol

Ah OK I love the challenge, IDK how much of the 6 miles I'll get in before the week is over but I'll work on it!

@@Bandista thank you for all your encouragement!! I'm totally down with the ice packs! I wish I had more time to rest and relax and use them. I did take some time last night to use the tense unit and that helped I brought it to work with me so I can shock myself while I'm working!

@@JustWatchMe I am right on top of these anti-inflammatory meds. My bariatric Dr. has me on prescription medication to protect the stomach and the band so I can take the meds I need to take. They are on the ball it's good to know that I can call them up and work with them and my regular Dr.'s to get back to feeling great again.

Today I proud that I walked up a couple of flights of stairs this morning, even if it was a bit of a pain. I'm grateful that the sun is shining even though it's a cold winter sun and the 4 letter word is the forecast for tomorrow, I"m not going to let it stop me! :)

@@Bandista - way to go on the hunger yesterday; taking a formerly "panicky" thing and tuning in to it for a positive outcome! That's a victory for sure!

@@JustWatchMe - I'll be jealous of the panniculectomy. I had a breast reduction a few years back and talked to the surgeon about the panniculectomy too. I chickened out. Kudos for making it a motivational tool! I'm using a tattoo as my motivation lately. I've always wanted a dogwood bloom and told my husband that I'm going to do it when I reach goal. I don't care of I'm too old or will be judged for it, I'm gonna do it for me!

@@punkinvine - Good to see you posting! I'm so thankful that your family is on the mend.

@@2babutterfly - Great to hear from you and that you're having a super time camping.

@@lisacaron - I hope that pain lets up for you. I can't imagine! Take care of yourself.

@@bacon - HOLLA!?! Where you be?

Today is an at-home day for me, thank goodness. It's cold and rainy and I'm thankful to be in sweats and nursing my SORE arm. I got a tetanus shot at the doc yesterday. They told me it would we red, swollen, sore, but I really thought they were exaggerating. Shots don't bother me and I expected this to be like a flu shot. Wrong!

My plan:

B-8 oz shake w/fiber

L-yogurt w/fiber & granola

S-8 oz shake w/fiber

D-vegetable Soup

967c, 85p, 60nc

I am gonna get in my five miles today. Gotta admit, I've used my sore arm as my excuse this morning. I will get off my butt and get at least 30 minutes (2 miles) in before lunch. I'll do the remaining 3 miles with my family this evening.

Today I am thankful for my new healthy outlook. I didn't panic about seeing a new doc or what the stats would be at my appointment yesterday. The scale showed a loss, my blood pressure was 110/71, and my doc told me how healthy I am. His exact words when we were talking about my health for a 44 year old woman, "You look great." BOOM! What a MAJOR change from a few years ago!!!! If I was having to see a new doc back in the day, I would either not go or get myself all worked up about it. Praise God for the blessing of my band!!!

Thank you for letting me share. Have a swell day. I'll check back later. Take care of you!

Hello peeps! I am still around! Still camping. If I stand on my right foot , lean to the left, and stick my tongue out I get a signal ???????? I see everyone is doing well. I am having a great time. Lots of walks, reading, fishing, and jig saw puzzles. Eating hasn't been too bad. So I'm happy. So behind on the challenge but I can honestly say camping is something I enjoy so much more now. Want to go for a walk??? I honestly answer sure! And I love every minute of it! Not before. I would make up any excuse I could not to go. ❤️ u guys. I'll check in again when the wind is blowing right!! Lol

You know you're a bander when you read this as getting a soft stop signal instead of a cell phone signal. Lol I had to read it twice. Thanks for the chuckle.

Exercise, check. I literally posted here, got off my butt, and got it done. I did another 30 minutes tonight with my husband.

food, check. I altered my plan a little to try to drop those net carbs a little and my final stats are: 774c, 74p, 51nc.

Water, check. 72 oz of Water with lemon plus 16 oz of shakes.

So, ending another day strong. I hope you all are doing the same. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your WLS blessings. Let me hear from you.

Edited by s_suther