Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

Well, finished the day at:

874c, 83p, 42nc

65 strong cardio minutes & 80 oz Water

We are off to take the little one to see the Harlem Globetrotters. Should be a great evening. Hope yours is too!

@@2babutterfly - I'm a former (fingers crossed) teacher, 17 years in middle grades. Part of our move was in hopes of keeping me at home. So far, so good! What do you teach?

@s_suther...I've taught kinder, 2nd, 4th, and (being done with the state tests!) I am teaching pre-k and thoroughly love every crazy minute of it... This is my 21st year of teaching

Harlem Globetrotters were a great treat for our little girl last night. It was fun!

Home today, thank goodness. I've got a plan and I'll stick to it.

B-8 oz shake

L-yogurt w/granola

S-8 oz shake

D-2 eggs, 2 bacons, grits

860c, 80p, 37nc

72 oz Water & 75+ minutes of cardio

I hope it's as nice today as it was yesterday; I'll walk outside this evening with the family.

Movin' & groovin' today, hope you are too!! Take care of you and I'll check back later.

Good Morning... had half bagal (gluten free ) with p-nut butter and grape jam.

lunch of Tomato Soup and muenster cheese

dinner I am going for steak stir fry if all goes well.

Exercise... shoveling snow again. Could be last one of the season. Rather walk in the sunshine! Not sure how to calculate this as a 3 miler but it will take me an hour in 2 hitches so Adaptive exercise is a plan! And shoveling backwards... well maybe I can do Aunt Liz's first instead of last.

Edited by punkinvine

Arrgh! I didn't get my stairs OR my three miles in yesterday. Outdoors was slushy and indoors I was busy busy busy. Today I'll definitely get my stairs in. Yesterday my food was great. No junk and no grazing and no snacking. Went to bed slightly hungry. Come on, weight loss !

Didn't get much walking in yesterday and ate a less than desirable dinner but my daddy was in town and I got to visit with him! Today back at it

B--Greek yogurt

L-- chicken taco Soup

S-- almonds

D--grilled chicken thighs Brussels sprouts

Back to the gym for a walking episode of scandal!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Hey, hey, hey!!! How is everyone? I mean REALLY? How are you? Post and let me know, please. I'm stressed. I am frustrated with house hunting. I have to have a bump removed from my shoulder and biopsied next week and it makes me nervous. A mass was found overnight in my grandmother's chest and is causing some serious issues for my 90 year old second mother. None of these on their own are such a big deal, but you pile them together and I'm just feeling antsy and upset.

No whining and no excuses, right? I have neither for you because I'm channeling my stress into exercise. I'm eating on plan. Allowing myself to do anything else would only compound the stress with guilt. I don't need it.

My plan:

B-8 oz shake w/fiber

L-yogurt w/fiber & granola

S-8 oz shake w/fiber

D-2 eggs & 2 bacons, grits

768c, 84p, 25nc

I changed up dinner last night because I got a lead on some fresh eggs. I went and got some yesterday, so postponed our Breakfast for dinner to tonight. I hope the darn things are good, I paid $4 for a dozen! Ouch!

I threw together a swedish meatball dinner with those homeamade meatballs I put together last week. I made 96 meatballs at exactly one ounce each, cooked them, and froze them in "dinner for us" sized portions. Once again, planning ahead saves the day. The gravy recipe was easy, low cal, and low carb. VICTORY!

Okay, I'm rambling. I'll check back later in hopes of hearing how you are. Have a swell day and take care of you.

Am I here all by myself???

Finished the day @ 920c, 88p, 36nc

Headed out to walk in the 70* sunshine!

Edited by s_suther

I'll post more later. You're not alone! Busy day today and yesterday. Off to an OA meeting now.

I'm here! I'm here!

S_suther sounds like you've had a great day! My brother has a small farm and they brought us some fresh eggs last night. I've never had them but they swear they are so much better. $4 is pricey! My brother gets $2.50 a doz.

stayed on track with my food and I was pooped after school but went to the gym anyway and got 2 miles in.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

I'll post tomorrow's plan in the morning!

Edited by 2babutterfly

I haven't walked my three miles at all this week. Yesterday my lunch hour was spent with the lawyer. Today I hope to get outside. My food has been off the last two days as well. Hmm. Need to get back on track pronto. I did get most of my stairs in Wednesday but not all. I don't want to get discouraged.

Today I will start with yogurt and have cheese and Buddig beef for lunch.

dinner will be a kale salad and Italian roast beef.

Planning a weekend out of town to visit my daughter at college for a sorority parent weekend. That starts Friday morning.

I'll post tonight. Have a good day, everyone!

Hey everyone! Didn't intend to be a stranger for a week but time got a way from me. Things have been going great, sticking with it and trying to go with the flow more. I'm focusing my efforts more on enjoying where I'm at RIGHT NOW , life is way too short and goes by way too fast to get caught up in wishing for perfection before you begin to enjoy the happiness you already have.. My husband reminded me of something very important that I forgot along the way, the other night he told me remember when you first had this surgery and you said you would be happy to just be under 200lbs, then it was to be 180, then 150, now it's I wish I didn't have soft saggy belly skin, I wish I could wear a bikini. When will I be able to look at myself and be content and see what others tell me they see? There's nothing wrong with always wanting more but when that want becomes something that takes away the happiness you already have then I say it's time to stop and revaluate things! I'm way too hard on myself. Perfection is impossible so why do so many including myself strive for it? So this is where I'm at right now.

I do have a question for all of you. Since being banded I've only received 2 fills one at my 6 week post op and the last one a month later so it's been nearly two years. There are times (not all of the time just on certain days or even just between certain meals) when I feel like my meals are only lasting me about 2-3 hours before I'm hungry again, this is real hunger not head hunger but then in the same week there are days when I'm lucky to get all of my food requirements in so my question is when you yo-yo like this how do you know if you need another fill and why after 2-years would I need a fill, the saline doesn't evaporate at a rate that would make any difference right? So, what could this mean? I go to the Dr. for my follow-up in May so I'm really trying to identify if there is anything I should be asking for regarding the overall maintenance of my band. Should I have them do a scan of my band and pouch to make sure that everything looks good?

Today's menu is only half planned.

Breakfast- Yogurt and trail mix

Snack- Protein Bar

Lunch-??

Dinner-??

S: Skinny Cow Ice Cream

80oz of Water

I have been getting my physical activity in ways like yard work, spring cleaning the house etc. so I have been more active over the last week then before and as the weather increasing gets nicer so will my activity level.

Edited by enjoythetime

@@enjoythetime - talk to your doc when you go about this. Maybe he/she can help you decide on a fill. I just had a barium swallow test and gotta admit that it was worth the piece of mind knowing all is well in there. Obviously, from your results, you know what you're doing. Go with your gut! (pun intended - ha!)

I've already completed a 35 minute cardio video and will get in another 45 this evening. Not sure if we'll be able to walk outside, expecting rain later, but my husband and I will get our exercise via video or a walk outside.

Today's plan:

B-8 oz shake w/fiber

L-yogurt w/fiber & yogurt

S-8 oz shake w/fiber

D-chicken & brown rice

Atkins bar at some point

862c, 96p, 41nc and 72 oz Water

Hope all is well with you guys. I'm still having a rough go of it, but staying on track with eating and exercise while everything else seems to be spinning....

Got 2/12 miles in at lunchtime and I'm on track for all my stairs today. Just need to get through dinner and it will be a solidly good day.

Just a normal day.... LOL. Mom to MRI this am ... she did well. Had fallen during the night and lifeline alert button pushed. Hubby and I got her up and back to bed. She has been a trooper .

OK... learning to roll with it even though nothing in your daily planner happened! This too is part of life. Now I admit to eating at IHOP.... mom's choice and not mine. Especially gluten free. God is good because pancakes, waffles, toast, biscuits are out for me! I had... drum roll please! CHEESY Tomato SOUP!

Exercise today... 3 miles or ??? Furniture shopping for lift chairs etc to make home a safer haven. It's ok! Tomorrow is another day..... Blessings and proud of you who did the 3 miles. And for those who made wise food choices. We are better than before!