Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Accountability Group

I was in the ER last night so I did not check in. Eating went according to MY plan. However my body was really struggling to all the new changes. The ER doc said (not totally convinced she knew what she was talking about BTW) I was not getting enough calories and my body was really struggling to keep up with the New activity level. We all want fast results, but I guess as long as I stay committed it will be all good losing slow. My calories were around 1000 day and tried to keep carbs low. She suggested 2000 calories and eliminate the simple carbs and do more of the complex carbs. I guess she may be right. Some binges in the past could have went as much as 4-5k calories.

That said we got a walk in as a family so I got my final 2 miles for the challenge pulling a wagon with 2 boys in it.

Breakfast this morning was bowl of oats and an apple.

lunch was some chicken and brown rice dish the princess made.

I will have a banana before evening service and we will prob swin through Wendys after church. I plan on a grilled chicken salad and an apple.

I do feel a whole lot better today. I would like to see if @@JustWatchMe would come up with a physical challenge this week. mon-sun.

Have a great day ya'll.

JWM, I get the cranberry at Trader Joe's and the aloe at Vitamin Shoppe (their brand) -- and sometimes if I'm Jones-ing for sweet (PMS, etc.), I add some steevia. The brand I like is liquid from TJ''s also....

Well I've never had aloe juice before so this is a new flavor. It's different. I think I like it. I made two gallons. Lol. That's only because the aloe came in a one gallon container so I bought enough cranberry to use it up, and well. ....

Anyway I'll drink it. I need my Water and this will do it.

Off to the airport.

@@bacon! Way to put me on the spot! lol.

Ok I really liked the 6 mile challenge for the week so i want to do that again PLUS you each have the following assignment:

Each day this week post one thing you are happy and proud of that you have changed in your life or achieved since WLS. One each day!! It can be weight related or not.

I will start.

I am happy and proud that I now actively recognize and fight the urge to say "no" to new experiences. Instead I stop myself and say "yes" so much more now. (Like accepting a challenge. lol)

Love you guys!!

Let's hear it from everyone. You are all warriors!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had a wonderful service at church last night. We had a man in that was called a to take thw gospel to south central L.A.

The plan.

6 oats and a banana. 275 cal

9 apple 90 cal.

12 6 oz ham salad 375 cal

3 4 oz Turkey sloppy joe 250 cal

6 ?????

Exercise is walking a bunch at work.. I have 6 short loads to do. I hope we can walk as a family after dinner. It is going to be in the 70's in snOhio today!

@justwatchme-great add to our challenge!! Counting our WLS blessings will help us stay focused and positive. Love it!!!

One thing that's changed for me is being able to actively play with my daughter rather than just sit and watch. She loves it and I do too!

All is well here! I've got meals planned & prepped. I've got a few errands to run and an otherwise quiet day. Little girl is back at school after 2 weeks of snow days & then spring break. My husband is at work. It's back to our routine and I'm thankful for that!

Today' plan:

B-8 oz shake w/fiber

L-yogurt w/fiber & granola

S-8 oz shake w/fiber

D-meatloaf

72 oz Water, 5 miles cardio walk (already did 2.5 this morning!)

883c, 87p, 46nc

I'll check back later. Have swell Monday and take care of you!!

@bacon-sunny & 70 in NE TN today!! I am SO stinking glad to see that big yellow thing!! I plan my 2.5 miles this evening to be done out in it!!

@@JustWatchMe Two gallons, okay, oh my god, I'm getting hysterical. Be careful, Miss In For A Penny In For A Pound -- aloe has cleansing properties! Do not drink two gallons! Work your way up slowly and see what your body likes. Oh dear.

@@bacon glad to hear about the temps as we often get Ohio weather here a few days later. Way to go pulling two boys in a wagon, geesh. Glad you are adjusting your calories for being an active male -- what does your bariatric doctor say? Is there a nutritionist who can help? Don't forget you are building muscle.

@@s_suther good luck with all -- love Mondays for new start of week. Happy walking this eve!

Sorry for multiple postings. Have been thinking about my one thing I'm especially proud of for today. Here it is:

I have my feelings fully now. I don't tamp them down with food at the first sign. I say hello to them, welcome them. They are a part of who I am. Not only do I not try to shove them down anymore but I also don't try to reward myself myself with food. I don't use food to quell anxiety, to check out or to try to make myself feel better.

@@Bandista I have an appointment with LB doc on April 2. I plan to ask for an appointment to a nutritionist. Though following a diabetic diet sounds like a decent plan.

Bandista, I won't !!

This morning I went through the fridge and took to the curb all of the foods left from my daughter's week at home that nobody needs or wants. Sweets, dips. Gone.

I brought hummus for lunch today and restocked my desk with nuts.

Can hardly wait for my two mile walk at lunch. Very warm here today but dropping again tomorrow.

Great posts so far. Keep 'em coming, Warriors!

Looks like everyone is doing great! I have to say this weekend was not the "best" weekend ever but you know what it wasn't terrible.

There are things I have eaten that sure I could have done without but you know what...why? If you eat in moderation there is no reason you can't have what you want.

That said I read @@bacon post and I'm glad you are feeling better. Slow and steady will win the race my friend. 1000 calories a day for a man is not enough. You need at least 1500-2000 and that's at LEAST. Go heavy on the Protein and eat carbs that are good for you with some nutritional value to them. Like fruit and vegies. Breads, pastas, and flour products don't do a darn thing for us on a nutritional level.

I have been struggling with many things over the past few weeks. New increased high levels of responsibility at work, and my middle son struggling with and in rehab for addiction, not to mention having 4 other older children one who is disabled to deal with my hubby 3 dogs, 2 cats, a tank full of fish my own issues!! Things like what the heck am I gonna wear can throw me into a tail spin!!

Sounds like such an insignificant thing, and yet it's just that one straw that breaks the camels back.

So I have been getting some support for myself, and taking the time (because i have so much of it...NOT) to study and learn and understand addiction. This is me...super type A personality. I need to know and if I don't know I need to ask and I need to learn. So in doing all that I learned that I too needed help to understand that it's not my fault, and I don't have to suffer or make myself suffer because of what is happening in my life.

It is my choice how to "react" to things that happen to me and around me. I forgot that for a second and a half. I was so busy beating myself up that I was actually hurting myself with the choices I was making in my life. I stopped going to the gym, I stopped watching what I was eating, and how much..and I just was doing and going and going and this weekend. Ping. that all just stopped.

Hubby and I went to the city on Saturday and had a grand time seeing the Spring Spectacular at Radio City. We were late (yeah that's a flaw of mine so busy doing I'm usually about 10-15 min late.)

so we literally ran from time square to the hall and then up 8 flights of stairs to our seats. A year ago they would have needed a stretcher when I reached the top and hubby would still be standing on Broadway we would have never been able to do what we did!! Today though we can and we did, and then after we walked around shopped and then walked back up to Time Square to have dinner at the Hard Rock.

Not a bad day even in the rain, and it reminded me that I love being banded, we had a great dinner and enough to take home for him to have dinner at work the next day and we even shared dessert. It was enough, and it was wonderful. I need to do more things like that and not "stress" so much about what, how and how much and just go with the flow of life. I realize that I can eat, and I can overeat if I'm not mindful but if I am in the moment that band tells me OK enough, and I have learned where there is just enough to enjoy something sweet without overindulging.

Now lets see how this week goes.....

Got my two miles in. And most of my stairs. Feels good to get that oxygen in the blood.

Lisa, Lisa, love your post and that you are taking care of yourself. And the race to the theater seats -- being able to do it and laugh about it -- big NSV! Such a New Yorky one from my point of view here in the sticks, lol.

I've been dealing with addiction of a loved one as well. My best friend -- had no idea (depression and alcohol but I think the prescribed medication is playing a huge role). I am doing what I can (her husband has ALS...Who wouldn't want escape through whatever means but it DOESNT WORK). Anyway, two beautiful children and I am in a position where I have to draw the line and take care of myself and my own family -- feels like a lot of prioritizing going on 24 x 7 and I imagine that's what your life is. Choose Lisa first. Choose Lisa first. Come on, Let me hear it -- choose Lisa first. Every one else will benefit. Sing it, chant it behind the steering wheel, say it in the shower......at least that's worked for me.