Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What shocks you now that you were able to eat in a sitting?

It the past I would eat several plates at a buffet. We went to one on Thanksgiving and I had one salad plate of food. I could also polish off a whole pint of Ben and Jerrys. Now a little goes a long way.

Well this isn't FAIR!! I didn't get to eat huge portions like that EVER and I still got fat!! Wth?! I don't even drink soda! Dang my moms, moms, grandmas moms , genes!

same!! I just think even if I got their rotten weight genes I have my mom and grandma's brains and heart too.

OK, so here's an idea of lunch before, a foot long tuna salad sub with extra mayo and all the fixins, bag of chips and large fruit punch. I recently figured out how many calories that is......over 2000 calories! Just for lunch! Since surgery, I can only eat a half wrap of a healthy tuna salad, and I can usually just barely get that down.

An entire frozen pizza (cooked of course) with about a half a pound of cheese and a can of olives added to the toppings.

An Entire Recipe of Shrimp Alfredo ( entire jar of alfredo sauce and a pound of shrimp)

The aforementioned Footlong tuna Sub and chips

Crusty sourdough bread, the whole loaf one slice at a time, slathered with BUTTER.

popcorn, the entire bag was just an after dinner snack.< /p>

An entire bag of Rold Gold pretzels or BBQ potato chips and a quart of milk.

OMG looking back it's no wonder.....

The most I've ever done (and these are separate instances): two packs of ramen noodles; half a peperroni pizza; one container of chinese white rice and the meat picked out of a mongolian beef dish, with an egg roll on the side; double whopper combo; double quarter combo; two small pieces of pie with whip cream; 10 piece hot wings and small potatoe wedges; medium buttered popcorn and a coke icee at the theatre; two sandwiches.

Each one of those meals left me stuffed to the gills.

Hey was this before or after surgery?

I used to eat a Six dollar burger combo from Hardee's, with 2 apple pies as ND large sweet tea. I still had Snacks an hour or 2 later. I'm sure that was close to 2lbs of food and 2500 calories easy. Shocking to me that I can hardly eat a 4 once piece of chicken now.

I was basically eat two servings of every thing type person. Plus I was eating about 8 Cookies a day.

Even though I was 270 pounds I couldn't eat much in a siting. My largest meal was like a Chipotle Burrito or 3 slices of a large pizza. I never had more then 2 pieces of fried chicken. However. I could eat all day long. Every two hours or so. My danger foods were sweets. I could eat an entire home made apple pie. It would take the whole day but I would usually have the last slice before bed.

Now my refrigerator is Tiny Leftovers Land. There are so many tiny containers in there, all with food I would not have not even saved before. Who saves two tablespoons of mashed potatoes. I bought 4 potatoes last week. Well, one potato makes enough for 4 meals as a side. I still have 3 potatoes left. Next time I'll have to buy 2. I don't even have pots small enough to make one mashed potato. A can of Beans will last and last. Jeez, I'll have to freeze leftover Beans because all I need is 6 or 8 beans at a time. I made Pasta with Tomato sauce last night. One jar of sauce will last until next century.

I have not gone out to eat yet but but I fear the worst. An appetizer would still be huge for me. At this point costco tastings are my best bet. 99% of the restaurants would have ridiculous sized servings. I'll need to find some more upscale restaurants with the very small artsy servings. You know the ones with an entree comprised of a single scallop and a few bright and tasty sauces squiggled about. If that is not a first world problem I don't know what one is.

This thread just proves that many of those overweight/obese people who say "I don't understand why I'm fat! I don't eat THAT much!" are full of it!

Before VSG: I am most definitely a volume eater. I like the feeling of being full and satisfied.

I used to LOVE to go to Olive Garden because I would eat about 4 bowls of salad (equivalent to one of the giant bowls), then I'd eat breadsticks (anywhere from 2-8) AND my meal which was always something with Alfredo. Then mop it all up with one more breadstick. Then get some of those little fried doughnuts and chocolate dipping sauce. Mmmmmmmm.

I also enjoyed a homewrecker burrito from Moe's along with chips and cheese dip.

Popeyes' chicken is really good. I would eat two breasts, two wings, half a large fry and a large red Beans and rice.

I'm not a huge snacker or sweets person but I have eaten half a sheet cake in one sitting on a few occasions. But it has to be whipped icing, I don't like buttercream.

After VSG: I just ate 1 1/2 deviled eggs for lunch and I'm full. :-)

This thread is disturbingly delightful. =)

Now my refrigerator is Tiny Leftovers Land. There are so many tiny containers in there, all with food I would not have not even saved before. Who saves two tablespoons of mashed potatoes. I bought 4 potatoes last week. Well, one potato makes enough for 4 meals as a side. I still have 3 potatoes left. Next time I'll have to buy 2. I don't even have pots small enough to make one mashed potato. A can of Beans will last and last. Jeez, I'll have to freeze leftover Beans because all I need is 6 or 8 beans at a time. I made Pasta with Tomato sauce last night. One jar of sauce will last until next century.

CAUTION! Be very careful of those leftovers! Unless you freeze them, throw them out after 4 days! Even in the fridge bad little things will GROW. And you sure don't want food poisoning or just plain stomach upset at this stage of the game, or any stage for that matter! :(

This thread just proves that many of those overweight/obese people who say "I don't understand why I'm fat! I don't eat THAT much!" are full of it!

I was one of them, I would often say I don't eat that much, and I'd believe it too! It's part of the disease. Even on diets, I'd think, "I'm cutting back and losing weight", but before I knew it, the weight was coming back on and I'd think I was still watching my diet. What makes us so blind? Wish I knew, I wouldn't have needed surgery.