Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

July 24 for me. I am very excited and upbeat, and have been trying to eat healthy and do all the things I should have been doing all along until the surgery. I just had my psych eval this afternoon. It was ok, but she didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. I do think I will attend the support group the doctor has in my area. Good luck to everyone!

KUDOS, Steph, for having the guts (not really the word I want, but....) to post your concerns to Karri. I have to admit that the same thoughts have occurred to me, but never brave enough to say anything. I have to agree with Candice though, you guys are all blessings. I know I couldn't do it without any of you. We're all here for you Karrie, if for aome obscure reason you backtrack, so you can rest easy and chill out......36_1_26.gif...don't be so obsessive. One candy bar won't be the end of your size 4's. We won't let it happen!! That is what is so great about this site........THE SUPPORT.

TAKE CARE ALL, HAVE A GREAT EVENING, MAKE GOOD CHOICES AND DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER!!!

36_4_16.gifthis message sent with love.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Been gone all day so just catching up on all the posts.

I am overwhelmed by everyone's care and concern.

This is such a special group and

I'm so blessed to be a part of it.

I don't know what I'd do without the support I find here!!

:thumbup::grouphug:

Steph,

I'm having a blast with the Wii, too.

The balance exercises are my favorites.

Did yours unlock the bubble thing yet??

It's pretty funny.

You're inside a bubble and have to make your way down a stream without touching the sides and bursting your bubble!

Have you tried "running" in place in the aerobics section?

You're supposed to stay behind your "trainer" but DH thinks it's fun to catch up with the trainer and then pass him. But I think what he really likes is how it makes me laugh when he then falls on his face in the dirt!!! And then they make him chase a dog instead!

And, yes, the Wii Fit age is always lower than the Wii Sports gives me. I have both in my signature. Yesterday when I did the age test on the sports program, it made me do THREE boxing exercises!

Boxing is NOT my favorite. We have our TV above the fireplace, so it's high on the wall and the sensor is on top of it. So I think because it's so high and I'm so short, that my punches are just not going where I'm aiming them. Although, I don't seem to have that problem with any of the other sports. But I can't do the skii jump thing either. I always end up with a "FAILED TAKEOFF" and roll down the ski run!! Might be the same problem.

Anyway, I think the scale is quite accurate.

My home scale is irratic. I bet I got on & off 12 times this morning with that many different weights and with a 12 lb range!! So I trust the Wii weight far more than I trust my digital scale.

:scared2:

Hey Gang

I see we have been quite deep this afternoon

Ok my 2 cent and take on things

Karri is afraid - she is a prefectionist - if she can't do it 100% then why try - just like before the band she gave 100% to her bad eating - now that she is banded she is giving 100% to eating healthy - she can't see that there can be a little give - it's all the way or no way - she is afaird of increasing her calories and eating foods that she feels will trigger her complusion to over eat again - she has such a tight rein on her eating (what she will and won't eat) she is afraid to loosen those reigns cuz if she does - she will lose the control that she has had for the last 9 months and go all the way back to where she was 10 months ago.

I think she has been the most control of all of us - she has the most displine - we all have eaten a candy bar - had a piece of cake - or whatever isn't really within our eating plan. She's a high Protein girl - where most of us have more carbs.

She is more afraid that the rest of us of those 5 lbs we will all most likely gain during our journey - maintenance - she feels that if she allows those 5lbs then 5 more will follow etc - I think that we all feel that she would never allow this to happen cuz she has 100% more displend than most of us and seems so strong.. It's just like most of you don't see me as failing or gaining my weight back - Well, I am afaird I will - just like she is afaird.

I am not as ocd as Karri (said with tons of love you are who you are and that's ok)- I still eat Cookies - cakes - candies every now and then - as my motto has always been eat healthy 98% 2% for treats

She has way too much on her plate right now - dh job search- school - tt - $$ and then just everyday life on top exercise routine eat plan etc. (omw I am stressed just typing it)

We all want her to understand that we love her and that we have more faith in her than she has in herself and we don't think she is going to fail - and she wants to beleive this but her past history has proven diff and that's what she is afraid of.

We are all women here - all but Karri are Moms and we want to fix it for her and reassure her that she can do this. Well tell her to relax - but she can't - but we are all here for her and all of us on this difficult journey.

We can come here and state our fears and sometimes that all we really need to do - we don't want them fixed we just want to express how we are feeling and we all aren't going to understand exactly where that other person is comming from but we are standing by with hugs & love and reassurrance that we will get throught this journey with the help, freindships and support that we received on the best damn thread on lbt -Lucky #7 !!!

Love & hugs to all of you - thanks for your support concern and wanting to fix our problems

I wrote a book - and didn't mean too... and have re-read to correct - but I think you all know me well enought to know what I am trying to say it's 8:30 I need to eat (fish rice spinach) and I am tired

I have been quite cuz my boss & lady I work with are both on vacation and I am maning 2 desk plus mine..

So sweet dreams - I love you all and thanks for being such a great support group

Talk to you all tomorrow...

Janet,

Thanks for the input. I think you are completely right. Karri, you can tell us about your fears. You are allowed all of those scary thoughts. I should have realized that it was a need to say it not a need for it to be fixed thing. God knows I have said that plenty of times in the last month to DH.

You are doing a great job keeping everything together. Janet is right, you have way more on your plate than I can even imagine juggling. I'm always in awe when I hear about how much you pack into a day. I'm sorry if I was trying too hard to fix and not just listen.

Love and hugs.

I wii'd for 45 minutes today and walked for 40. Yeah for me. I'm going to make my goal this month. I know it. I'm feeling good. My hips hurt a bit.

Phyl, the bubble thing was unlocked today. I suck! It is soooooo bad!!! I hoola hooped today...that was fun but with my back problem it hurt. Then I tried to aerobics thing....but that was just weird. I'm really not coordinated enough or smart enough. Supposed to step right and I step off back or supposed to not step and I'm walking on.... Then I ran in place and it kept telling me to keep my pace steady. I will work on that again tomorrow. I did 2 runs and neither was very good so I'll try that again tomorrow. Tomorrow my plan is to train on sports and then do some more balance stuff.

Has anyone tried the yoga? I've never been one for yoga but I might try it tomorrow.

Well...better run. unless I think of something else to share. Oh...I got in 80 oz of Water today, how did everyone else do? Water patrol out and about

Janet,

I've forgotten to answer your question about creamed cucumbers. Here are the ingredients of one recipe. I haven't found the magic combination. I substitute splenda for the sugar and use red onions to give color.

• 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • Pepper to taste
  • 4 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
  • 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings

This is a very long article that I found...But I think that it really sheds light on what I am going through.

Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder: Don't Break the Rules!

Obsessive compulsive personality disorder, or OCPD, is one of the more prevalent personality disorders in the United States. Approximately sixteen million adult Americans meet the diagnostic criteria for obsessive compulsive personality disorder—that's 7.9 percent of the general population.

Rigid adherence to rules and regulations and an overwhelming need for order and personal control are the primary characteristics of obsessive compulsive personality disorder. People living with OCPD are inflexible, perfectionists and unwilling to yield responsibilities to others.

OCPD Vs. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

The term obsessive compulsive personality disorder implies a relationship with obsessive compulsive disorder. Some personality disorders are considered to be less severe versions of a particular mental disorder. Schizotypal personality disorder, for instance, is considered to be a mild form of schizophrenia.

While OCD and OCPD share some symptoms, the two disorders are unrelated. Obsessive compulsive personality disorder has certain important differences from OCD. People with obsessive compulsive disorder are often aware that their obsessions are abnormal, but are compelled to perform them anyway. People with obsessive compulsive personality disorder, however, believe their need for strict order and rules is perfectly normal.

Obsessive compulsive disorder often interferes with the OCD sufferer's success in social and work environments. While people with obsessive compulsive personality disorder certainly have difficulties with social relationships, they usually tend to perform well in work environments.

Five percent of OCD cases show evidence of comorbid personality disorder (a personality disorder that occurs along with OCD). Interestingly, obsessive compulsive personality disorder is not the most commonly comorbid personality disorder found with OCD. Avoidant and dependant personality disorders are much more commonly associated with OCD.

Symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder

OCPD symptoms tend to appear early in adulthood and are defined by inflexibility, close adherence to rules, anxiety when rules are transgressed, and unrealistic perfectionism. A person with obsessive compulsive personality disorder exhibits several of the following symptoms:

• abnormal preoccupation with lists, rules, and minor details
  • excessive devotion to work, to the detriment of social and family activities
  • miserliness or a lack of generosity
  • perfectionism that interferes with task completion, as performance is never good enough
  • refusal to throw anything away (pack-rat mentality)
  • rigid and inflexible attitude towards morals or ethical code
  • unwilling to let others perform tasks, fearing the loss of responsibility
  • upset and off-balance when rules or established routines are disrupted.

Causes of OCPD

Men appear to be more susceptible to OCPD than women. A possible genetic cause has been suggested, as OCPD often runs in families. Family dynamics and parenting styles may also explain the frequency of the disorder in some families. One theory suggests that as children, people with obsessive compulsive personality disorder were consistently punished for negative behavior, failure, and rule-breaking, while receiving no praise for success and compliance. To avoid punishment, the child develops a habit of rigidly following rules that lasts into adulthood.

Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder at Work

Obsessive compulsive personality disorder, on the surface at least, often leads to success in work environments. People with OCPD require routine and need to know where they stand in the social hierarchy, and nowhere is that hierarchy more obvious than in the workplace.

People with obsessive compulsive personality disorder are deferential and polite to those in authority, whether that person is a police officer or their work supervisor. This characteristic, coupled with their compliance with rules and tendency to devote themselves to their careers often earns OCPD workers the praise of their supervisors. To those seen as beneath them on the social or work hierarchy, however, people with OCPD can give harsh criticism and seem to exhibitself-righteousness.

When OCPD creates problems in the workplace, it is often due to two causes. First off, perfectionism and a need to repetitively check minor details for errors can prevent OCPD employees from finishing projects by their deadlines. Secondly, an insistence on observing even the most insignificant regulations, the need to micromanage projects, and obvious criticism and contempt for subordinates, can lead to conflict with, and alienation from, fellow employees.

Family Life with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder

At home, the obsessive compulsive spouse and parent are often domineering and rude, usually as he or she attempts to hold family members accountable for conforming to rules and unrealistic expectations. Financially, the OCPD individual tends to be thrifty to the point of miserliness, hoarding money for some imagined future catastrophe. This can create financial arguments in the family, in addition to constant conflicts over personal control and independence.

OCPD and Internal Strife

From the descriptions given above, one might think that the obsessive compulsive personality disorder individual was entirely in agreement with inflexible compliance about rules and regulations. Evidence suggests, however, that OCPD patients subconsciously want to break free from and rebel against rules and conformity, but their intense fear of social reprisals, punishment, and ridicule is too great. Instead, people with OCPD adopt rigid adherence to rules to avoid punishment, even as their subconscious minds rebel against such restrictions.

OCPD Complications

The conflict between outer conformity and subconscious rebellion is rarely recognized by people with OCPD, and can manifest itself as psycho-physiological conditions, including stress-induced muscle tension, anxiety, and impotence. These unsettling conditions are sometimes the reason the obsessive compulsive personality disorder sufferer initially seeks treatment.

People with obsessive compulsive personality disorder are also susceptible to major depressive episodes, due to stress, tension, and social rejection (people often become frustrated with the OCPD sufferer's obsession with rules and behavior). The natural physical and cognitive limitations that come with aging are difficult for the OCPD sufferer to handle, and can also trigger depression.

Diagnosis and Treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder

OCPD is diagnosed based on symptoms and personal history. As other medical conditions can mimic obsessive compulsive personality disorder, it is imperative to rule out other causes, including:

• antisocial personality disorder
  • chronic substance abuse
  • narcissistic personality disorder
  • obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
  • schizoid personality disorder
  • underlying medical conditions.

Overall prognosis for obsessive compulsive personality disorder is better than for many other personality disorders. The deference to authority and rigid self-control of OCPD patients can help during therapy, as they are less likely to abuse medication or cease treatment. Therapists need to bear in mind the hidden rebelliousness of obsessive compulsive personality disorder may lead to a subconscious rejection of treatment, even as the conscious mind accepts it.

SSRIs, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, may help reduce compulsive behavior in obsessive compulsive personality disorder, and may also be used to treat depression caused by OCPD.

Long-term psychotherapy is the primary treatment for obsessive compulsive personality disorder. Combinations of medication and therapy may be more effective than psychotherapy alone. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is often used, with an emphasis on learning to accept change, uncertainty, and lack of control over certain events.

Ideally treatment helps the patient make a transition from obsessive compulsive personality disorder to a conscientious personality type (a non-clinical personality type that closely resembles OCPD). Like obsessive compulsive personality disorder, the conscientious personality type values hard work, thrift, strong moral values and attention to detail. However, the conscientious personality type is more flexible, less rigid, and better able to function than obsessive compulsive personality disorder.

While individual talk therapy can be beneficial for obsessive compulsive personality disorder, group and family therapy is more problematic. The OCPD patient will attempt to identify his or herself with the authority figure (the therapist), much as the patient would act towards social or work superiors. In doing so, the obsessive compulsive personality disorder patient distances himself from other group members. He or she may treat them with the contempt and harsh criticism reserved for subordinates and the therapy will be of little benefit.

Steph - I am really sorry for the curt response that I gave you yesterday. I truly know that you were just trying to help. But if you have read the article above (which for the most part fits me to a T!) I hope you understand where my defensiveness came from.

I think I have a place to start now. I really didn't sleep last night. I stayed up pretty much all night trying to find out what the hell was wrong with me. At least I don't think I am going crazy now.

I need to finish planning my lesson for the day.

Karri,

You don't need to apologize. As I said, you didn't ask for help, you were just thrown into it. I brought something very personal to this level. I feel like I gave up a secret or something. I am so sorry for that. You know what they say about people and their opinions.

You and your "quirks" are what make you so special. You are not crazy. Whatever is coming to light right now, it is what has made you "you" and what we have all been drawn to. We'll take you however you come to us.

I hope you feel better today. Be careful of the tireds. They can be a b!&@$ when you are already emotionally fragile. I'll be thinking of you today.

OMG!!!!! I forgot to share! Now I'm taking this all with a grain of salt for a few days to make sure it is real and someone doesn't come along and pinch me, but...... Drum roll please!!!!......

According to my Wii Fit board......

I AM FAT!!!!!!!

BBYE that horrible O word. BBYE that nagging feeling that it doesn't matter I was still "o" so what did those 55 pounds really mean. BBYE forever! I AM FAT!!!! I AM FAT!!! I AM FAT!!!!

I want to shout it from tall buildings, but we don't have any here on the prairie. Monday I will change my ticker if the numbers stay down....if not I will double my exercise next week and make sure they go down!

Did a 45 minute walk this morning with 2 small hills instead of just one. What a great way to start the day. Waiting for the kids to wake up so I can get on with my day. Oh...and 16 oz of Water in already!

Have a great day all. Love and hugs to you. It's a beautiful day on the prairie.

:tongue:Good Morning Gang...

How is everyone this morning - Good I hope...

The site was really slow last night - so I didn't get to post anymore - plus it was late and I was tired - my little angel woke me up at 3 to go potty and then it took me about 1/2 to 45 min to go back to sleep - this usually isn't a problem for me (going back to sleep) but last night it was - I was thinking about us (lucky #7) work - that I didn't exercise yesterday - I am going tonight I promise.

Steph - the salad sounds good.

Where in the hell is Jackie!!! I am p.ming her today.... I hope she is ok..

Water - so so - most likely got 3 in yesterday - but my eating was really good - no Cookies like the night before :0)...

Ok I gotta ck my desk - I had doc appointment yesterday and was gone for 2 hours - No fill - (once of being too tight was enough for me) - Doc called me his Star Lapband Patient... Took more pictures and I go back 7/31 - then after that every 6 months - but can go every 3 months if I want or feel I need the accountablity... We talked about body conturing and he is going to give me a name of a Lady he went to school with in Berverly Hill - I gotta call today to get the info - I really want something done about my arms.

Karri - You are far from crazy (love the artical and yes the more that you become aware of the issues you have then you can work on them) - you have had some major changes in your life in this last year - we all love you just know that ok - Hugs...

Ok I gotta get my a$$ in gear....

I will cbl :wink2::biggrin::thumbup:

Hello All,

I have to share what I'm eating right now cause it's good.

Shredded Romaine

A scoop of Bruscetta from Sam's

A little Feta

A can of Bumble and Bumble tuna with sundried Tomato and basil, found at Walmart.< /span>

It will probably last me all day.

For some reason I'm not getting e-mail notifications for the thread again! :lol: It does this every once in a while.

I burst out laughing when I read this.

I wii'd for 45 minutes today

I wii'd (peed) for 45 minutes. :biggrin::lol::unsure::lol: Alright, that's childish. But I'm jealous that you guys get to play Wii Fit and I'm not allowed one yet. It's not fair! All my friends have one! :thumbup::tt2::thumbup::tt2:

I burst out laughing when I read this.

I wii'd (peed) for 45 minutes. :unsure::lol::thumbup::lol: Alright, that's childish. But I'm jealous that you guys get to play Wii Fit and I'm not allowed one yet. It's not fair! All my friends have one! :thumbup::tt2::thumbup::tt2:

Shame on you!!! How infantile:thumbup::lol::thumbup:

I thought the same thing when I wrote it so I guess I can't say much huh?

Just came from the chiropractor so I think I won't play it today. We'll see. I loved it yesterday but it did do a number on my back.:biggrin: