Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi guys, drinking my Water today. I've had to resort to setting a timer for myself. when it goes off - 49 mins I have to drink another 12 oz of water....

I am hoping to get more in this way... as when I am tight, I don't feel much hunger, but I also don't feel much thirst... weird...

Is anyone else this way???

Just Peachy

Glad you didn't have to wait all the way until 2:30. That would have killed me.

Today was my last day lunch. They do a special meal for everyone leaving. This year it is 3 seniors and 3 teachers. I chose taco salad, watermelon, creamed cucumbers and cinnamon swirl bread. Before you jump, the requirements are Protein, veggie, fruit, bread, if you want dessert. I can't give up creamed cucumbers and refuse to even try.

I ate too much and shouldn't have. I just couldn't stop. Some days I really wonder if there is a band in there. I chewed really well and all so I didn't get stuck, but I wonder if I shouldn't have been able to eat that much.

Drinking tea now. My Water consumption has been very low the last few days. I need to up it a lot. I won't give excuses....just write myself a ticket. Is everyone else doing well with their water?????

Gotta run. Awards night.

I tell you, I love it! You can pick it up and read it for 5 minutes and then put it back down. It fits in the glove box so if you're out and about you can look at it. I do think they focus more on fat and not enough on the other stuff....but that's just me.

Well.. gotta run. if you all have a chance, say a yippeeeee!!! Kids are done and I will be tomorrow!!!!!!!

Bu-by now

:rolleyes:I think you did just fine with the food... after all its been a hectic few weeks for you winding things up in the classroom.

Plus, it was a going a way lunch...

Are you going to sleep in late your first "school day" that you are not longer working??? :tongue:

Hi Guys! Hope this finds everyone well. I've been away for awhile, since 3/18 it says. I was very busy packing up my house, finishing up my job, moving to Florida and getting unpacked, etc. Just wasn't enough time in the day to breathe.

I've been well, though. Sat at around the same weight for two months and then starting losing again for some unknown reason. I've lost several pounds this week and am now down to 138.5 pounds, which I think is a very normal weight. Just wish the skin would catch up, but don't expect it too at this point. Can't really complain too much though.

I'll try to go back and read some of your posts for the time I missed so I can catch back up on everyone.

Take care!

Wow Brandy that is amazing.

Well I didn't get 8 miles in today. I don't know what is wrong...I am just so sluggish and tired. My hands don't even want to type. It is only 6:15, but I am going to bed. Early mornings are catching up with me and it is only Wednesday! Ahhhh a three day weekend.

I wanted to mention to Phyl and Stephanie that last night on the news during the 'For Your Health' segment, they talked about what to order from fast food places and highly recommended the book you two have called "Eat This, Not That". :biggrin2:

Yeah, it's a really neat book.

I tell you, I love it! You can pick it up and read it for 5 minutes and then put it back down. It fits in the glove box so if you're out and about you can look at it. I do think they focus more on fat and not enough on the other stuff....but that's just me.

That's a great idea... keep it in the car!!

Hi Guys! Hope this finds everyone well. I've been away for awhile, since 3/18 it says. I was very busy packing up my house, finishing up my job, moving to Florida and getting unpacked, etc. Just wasn't enough time in the day to breathe.

I've been well, though. Sat at around the same weight for two months and then starting losing again for some unknown reason. I've lost several pounds this week and am now down to 138.5 pounds, which I think is a very normal weight. Just wish the skin would catch up, but don't expect it too at this point. Can't really complain too much though.

Good to have you back! Sounds like you're doing great!!

Hi guys, drinking my Water today. I've had to resort to setting a timer for myself. when it goes off - 49 mins I have to drink another 12 oz of water....I am hoping to get more in this way... as when I am tight, I don't feel much hunger, but I also don't feel much thirst... weird...

I don't very often feel thirsty, but that's just me. After exercising I get thirsty, but that's about the only time. So it's had to be a learned discipline for me. I don't set an alarm, but I can see where that would help. I just carry my jug of crystal lite EVERYWHERE!! I think I figured I had about 30 oz of coffee and 30 oz of crystal lite by noon today. Probably about another 40 oz since then and it's only 7 pm. So I"m getting in a lot today.

OH..... my Wii FIT came today!! What fun!! We had a blast with it this afternoon for well over an hour. It's great. No more wondering what the scale REALLY says (mine is fluctuating as much as 10 lb every morning). You enter your height and birth date and it tells you how much you weigh and what your BMI is. I didn't try too many of the yoga things because I know I can't do them... standing on one leg, for instance. But I think I tried every exercise in all the other categories. The balance exercises are really fun... slalom skiing... DH tried about 5 times to beat my score and couldn't do it! Then there's a ski jump thing and I couldn't get the timing right on that so I kept crashing. Didn't do too bad on the hula hoop, but found that to be very hard on my knees because of the pivoting. But, all in all, it is really fun and I can do most of the exercises. My Wii Fit age on that today was 75 but I didn't feel bad because DH was 73! You have to stand perfectly balanced for at least 3 seconds to get good points and you'd be amazed how hard that really is. Just breathing in and out is enough to knock you off balance. Since I did that this afternoon, I will go back to my bowling, boxing, golf, etc tonight and see how I do.

Jacki, did you order yours??

OH..... my Wii FIT came today!! What fun!! We had a blast with it this afternoon for well over an hour. It's great. No more wondering what the scale REALLY says (mine is fluctuating as much as 10 lb every morning). You enter your height and birth date and it tells you how much you weigh and what your BMI is. I didn't try too many of the yoga things because I know I can't do them... standing on one leg, for instance. But I think I tried every exercise in all the other categories. The balance exercises are really fun... slalom skiing... DH tried about 5 times to beat my score and couldn't do it! Then there's a ski jump thing and I couldn't get the timing right on that so I kept crashing. Didn't do too bad on the hula hoop, but found that to be very hard on my knees because of the pivoting. But, all in all, it is really fun and I can do most of the exercises. My Wii Fit age on that today was 75 but I didn't feel bad because DH was 73! You have to stand perfectly balanced for at least 3 seconds to get good points and you'd be amazed how hard that really is. Just breathing in and out is enough to knock you off balance. Since I did that this afternoon, I will go back to my bowling, boxing, golf, etc tonight and see how I do.

Jacki, did you order yours??

Phyl yes I got mine and I absolutley love it!!! It is definately a workout. I did it with the kids for almost 3 hours and I can tell you that I am sore. It is so touchy it just amazes me. I absolutely love it. I set weight loss goals and plan to MAKE myelf do this at least every other day and try to get my 6 miles in as well. The scale is moving again FINALLY. Don't want to brag much because I am afraid I will jinx myself. When I got my fill last Wed I told her 'you always give me .2 and I think my band opens up more when I eat so I never feel different.' She looked and sure enough it looked tight but she said your band is different because it shows that it is tight but you are telling me you are more hungry so I am going to give you a fill according to what you are telling me and feeling so she gave me .6 and I have excellent restriction. Not too much and the scale is starting to move. Hoping with the wii fit I will be able to move it a little faster.

Phyl can you tell me how to tell from the wii how many calories I have burned during each time> I have my body bugg and that does that but I was just wondering. Evnjoy yours and anyone else considering one GET IT!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!:confused_smile:

Welcome home Brandy. :biggrin2: It's good to have you back with us again.

Looks like I'm going to have to invest in Wii Fit.

Phyl yes I got mine and I absolutley love it!!! It is definately a workout. I did it with the kids for almost 3 hours and I can tell you that I am sore. It is so touchy it just amazes me. I absolutely love it. I set weight loss goals and plan to MAKE myelf do this at least every other day and try to get my 6 miles in as well. The scale is moving again FINALLY.

Phyl can you tell me how to tell from the wii how many calories I have burned during each time> I have my body bugg and that does that but I was just wondering. Evnjoy yours and anyone else considering one GET IT!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!:confused_smile:

Hmmmm.... I've read the book pretty thoroughly, but don't remember if it will give you the calorie count. I figured out how to add the "Wii Fit" Channel to my Wii menu tonight. Then you can check your daily stats without putting the disk in the console. I did set some goals, but it won't let you set your goal at more than about 10% of your body weight. I'm just guessing at that, but it wouldn't let me set it where I wanted. So I just went with the biggest number it would let me for projected weight loss. It's a pretty cool tool!!

This is going to be a long day. I am exhausted despite going to bed at 6:30PM...but I got up at 3AM. For some reason this week has just been dragging. I don't have lesson plans done for today and frankly I am too tired to plan them right now! Let's not mention that I have 150 tests to grade, make up work to grade, projects to make, note packets to put together, progress reports to print...and this pretty much needs to be done by...TOMORROW. GRRRRRR....No wonder my body doesn't want to work out! Stress and sleepiness usually equal...eating. Hoping to keep it under control today!

Yesterday was a day from hell. Remember a few days ago when I said a little prayer on here to help me keep biting my tongue until the end of school?

I didn't make it.

I had enough Monday, took matters into my own hands and went to speak to the top man that afternoon. Suffice it to say I wiped the word "Succor" off. I found it written across my face. Monday was the last day I will be taken advantage of on this job. So Tuesday morning the s...... hit the fan. And I didn't back down, and I won't. No more F.....ing me over. Hell NO!!!!!! I was emotionally exhausted yesterday, just physically drained and not backing down. When you right your right.

The only bright spot yesterday, other than coming home to my loving family was this:

UltraShape - The non-invasive fat reduction & body contouring solution

Another bright spot I'm so emotional eating doesn't phase me. I can't swallow solids anyway. Yesterday when I got home, I just wanted to go to bed. I took my Vitamins, a few sips of Water, went lay down and fell asleep. A few minutes later, I woke up choking on slime. It came out my nose. Oh Yuck, that was a horrible feeling!!!!

Denise, it sounds like your band is waaay too tight. I had the same thing happen to me. The waking up at night and choking on my saliva. It turned out that the next evening I ended up in the ER not being able to keep my own saliva down. It was terrible. It sounds like you should have a slight adjustment. Good luck to you and I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through at your job. Dianne

Okay Denise. What was so great about that? Are you doing it? You have my curiosity peaked!!! Tell more!

Now....I want to say AWESOME for you! As fat people we let way too many people walk all over us day after day. We didn't like ourselves and thought we deserved it. We DESERVE respect and common courtesy. If you aren't getting that you MUST stand up for yourself and never back down. I say bravo!!!!!!

Now the question I have for you is, do you feel powerful because of it? Sometimes I feel like I'm turning into assert-a-bitch these days and I need to step down. When I'm logical I don't think that is true, but when I'm emotional and not thinking quite so clearly I think it is.

No matter, you did a great thing by standing up for yourself. I'm very proud of you!!!! KUDOS

I'll try to go back and read some of your posts for the time I missed so I can catch back up on everyone.

Take care!

Hey Brandy - Glad that things are settling down for you - CONGRATS ON 138 - WAY TO GO:thumbup:

Wow Brandy that is amazing.

Well I didn't get 8 miles in today. I don't know what is wrong...I am just so sluggish and tired. My hands don't even want to type. It is only 6:15, but I am going to bed. Early mornings are catching up with me and it is only Wednesday! Ahhhh a three day weekend.

This is going to be a long day. I am exhausted despite going to bed at 6:30PM...but I got up at 3AM. For some reason this week has just been dragging. I don't have lesson plans done for today and frankly I am too tired to plan them right now! Let's not mention that I have 150 tests to grade, make up work to grade, projects to make, note packets to put together, progress reports to print...and this pretty much needs to be done by...TOMORROW. GRRRRRR....No wonder my body doesn't want to work out! Stress and sleepiness usually equal...eating. Hoping to keep it under control today!

Karri - Warning - Mommy tough love coming - I know you have a lot on your plate right now with school and your training schedule but you gotta get some rest girl... Since we have a 3 day weekend - will you please take one of those days and get some rest - Please you need it..

Yesterday was a day from hell. Remember a few days ago when I said a little prayer on here to help me keep biting my tongue until the end of school? I didn't make it. I had enough Monday, took matters into my own hands and went to speak to the top man that afternoon. Suffice it to say I wiped the word "Succor" off. I found it written across my face. Monday was the last day I will be taken advantage of on this job. So Tuesday morning the s...... hit the fan. And I didn't back down, and I won't. No more F.....ing me over. Hell NO!!!!!! I was emotionally exhausted yesterday, just physically drained and not backing down. When you right your right.

The only bright spot yesterday, other than coming home to my loving family was this:

UltraShape - The non-invasive fat reduction & body contouring solution

Another bright spot I'm so emotional eating doesn't phase me. I can't swallow solids anyway. Yesterday when I got home, I just wanted to go to bed. I took my Vitamins, a few sips of Water, went lay down and fell asleep. A few minutes later, I woke up choking on slime. It came out my nose. Oh Yuck, that was a horrible feeling!!!!

Denise - Good for you... But we want to know the details :rolleyes2:

Okay Denise. What was so great about that? Are you doing it? You have my curiosity peaked!!! Tell more!

Now....I want to say AWESOME for you! As fat people we let way too many people walk all over us day after day. We didn't like ourselves and thought we deserved it. We DESERVE respect and common courtesy. If you aren't getting that you MUST stand up for yourself and never back down. I say bravo!!!!!!

Now the question I have for you is, do you feel powerful because of it? Sometimes I feel like I'm turning into assert-a-bitch these days and I need to step down. When I'm logical I don't think that is true, but when I'm emotional and not thinking quite so clearly I think it is.

No matter, you did a great thing by standing up for yourself. I'm very proud of you!!!! KUDOS

Steph

Yes I agree with you that I am being more assertive - I was talking with trainer last night about this - I was too intimated at 250 to go up and ask him about training - but as he said I should have - that trainers are there to help us get back in shape and they love when the fat chick comes to ask for help.

Also I am being more assertive with the properties that I inhertitated that I own with my dad's partners kids.. - Where as before I just went along with the flow and didn't want to upset the apple cart - well now I have talked to an attorney and have found out that I can force the sell of a property - I am standing my ground - no more mrs nice girl..

Oh - my boss is on vacation - the other lady who works with me is on vacation - so I am here all by myself - going to get hecktic,..

CBL:tongue:

All of you school teachers are sure under a lot of stress with this end of the school year stuff! We need to keep you in our thoughts and prayers!! You'll get through it! It'll soon be over and you'll get a break!

Hope everyone has a great day! It's another cloudy morning here in the NW. I'm getting used to gray skies!! NO, that's a lie!! I'm not!

28_2_5v.gif

All I am doing on Monday is sleeping or play world of warcraft with DH. We are going to go window shopping tomorrow to see what size clothes I fit in. I am not going to buy anything before surgery, but all my clothes are getting HUGE. I am wearing a medium shirt right now and I am pretty certain that I could fit another small person in here wth me. My kids are so funny...they always tell me when my clothes are too big. I had one kids say today..."Hey Salas...looks like you are wearing clown clothing again". Thanks a lot...that is an F for that!